Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 04:20:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: multibit safe?  (Read 1147 times)
aMattel (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 09:11:17 PM

is it more safty to use a normal wallet or is multibit as safe as normal wallet?
telepatheic

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 09:17:47 PM

In theory less safe because it is easier to perform a Sybil attack but in reality the difference is negligible and Multibit is perfectly safe.
byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 09:42:19 PM

In theory less safe because it is easier to perform a Sybil attack but in reality the difference is negligible and Multibit is perfectly safe.

And the best thing of all is that MultiBit has a serious bug which can lose your bitcoins easily!
lyth0s
Legendary

Activity: 1260

World Class Cryptonaire

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 10:28:46 PM

And the best thing of all is that MultiBit has a serious bug which can lose your bitcoins easily!

What bug does multibit have that can cause the loss of all bitcoins?

Monero - Truly Anonymous Digital Cash. Bitcoin Reading List 2017
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 11:26:18 PM

none. he's just posting FUD to get signature ad money.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
R2D221

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 12:00:40 AM

Th bug was actually pretty hard to hit, and it has already been fixed in the latest version.

An economy based on endless growth is unsustainable.
jim618
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1066

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 11:29:22 AM
Last edit: May 05, 2014, 02:00:10 PM by jim618

Safety and security with Bitcoin is mainly about keeping your private keys secure.
All the other information is on the blockchain so you can always get that.

Since the MultiBit v0.5.18 release I have been keeping an eye on the number of downloads and if there are any reports of the new 'Check Private Keys' utility highlighting any problems with people's wallets.

V0.5.18 is now a week old and we've had about 20,000 downloads. So far they have been no reports of people finding a mismatch between the address they see in the receiving address list and the private key in the wallet. This is good news.

It's hard to know exactly how many MultiBit wallets exist in total but as people continue to upgrade and check their wallets we should find out if it was a one off problem.

MultiBit HD   Lightweight desktop client.                    Bitcoin Solutions Ltd   Bespoke software. Consultancy.
byt411

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 03:57:03 PM

none. he's just posting FUD to get signature ad money.

No, I am not posting FUD. Here: http://www.coindesk.com/multibit-user-loss-high-need-bitcoin-wallets/
R2D221

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 04:38:23 PM

That article is FUD. It's the same user that complained with everyone about losing their imported keys.

byt411

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 04:47:28 PM

That article is FUD. It's the same user that complained with everyone about losing their imported keys.

Where does it say that?
R2D221

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 05:26:37 PM

Where does it say that?
Where does it say what?
That it's FUD? People don't usually say their own post is FUD.
That it was an imported key? Here.

byt411

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 05:29:46 PM

Where does it say that?
Where does it say what?
That it's FUD? People don't usually say their own post is FUD.
That it was an imported key? Here.

Oh. I never saw that, thanks for clearing it up.
aMattel (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 06:20:17 PM

So i neednt make ne any worry by using multibit Smiley
russokai

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 11:14:08 PM

Yes I bailed on Multibit..I hated to but was just losing my coins too much and not worth the risk.  I was able to get them back but was too much work...but don't lose them to begin with of course.
shango

Activity: 248
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2014, 11:16:25 PM

With Bitcoin-QT coming up to 33Gb now and eating up my SSD i consider moving to Multibit.
I would assume that since it is listed on bitocoin.org a a trusted wallet it will be safe.

Discuss today's profitable coins, mininig and trading alt coins :  cointradertalk.org
Cheap and reliable Cloud Hosting | USA VPS | UK VPS | Australia VPS | US Dedicated Servers
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: