Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:21:17 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Instantly pay for any* product online with digital currency - First browser ext.  (Read 541 times)
ijmolder93 (OP)

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2014, 11:13:28 PM

Hello everyone!,

Last time I posted on here, it was to introduce The Crypto Depot service for the first time:

I am posting to tell everyone about our new website and service www.thecryptodepot.com. Here you can buy almost anything online with your choice of Bitcoin, Dogecoin, Litecoin and Vertcoin. Digital currencies are massively growing, and maybe, hopefully, one day we can have wide acceptance of our favorite crypto. But for now, one of the main questions people ask is what can I buy with these digital currencies?

Now I am here to announce The Crypto Depot's browser extension. The first ever browser extension that allows you to instantly pay for any* product online with your digital currency. We should have most information covered on the web page, but be sure to ask any questions you might have.

https://www.thecryptodepot.com/instantbuyextension/

We realize this isn't entirely the best time for extensions in the crypto world because of that one person using a bunch of extensions to steal your coins, but we are doing everything we can to ensure you are perfectly safe.
BawsyBoss

Activity: 389
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 12:21:47 AM

Mind explaining what that asterisk besides "any" means?

Forever strong.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3099

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 02:22:11 AM

Hmmm, a newbie with 5 posts asks me to install something that could steal all my coins....

No thanks.

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
E.exchanger

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

NEED CRYPTO CODER? COIN DEVELOPER? PM US FOR HELP!

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 11:40:40 PM

Hmmm, a newbie with 5 posts asks me to install something that could steal all my coins....

No thanks.
Ditto why would i install an extension in my browser when first i don't know how it works second the code is not open source third coming from a newbie (which is still considerable)----- Personally i won't install it anyway and sorry if iam wrong but i can smell something fishy here !! tell us how it works !!
ncsupanda
Legendary

Activity: 1628
Merit: 1012

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 01:50:48 AM

The amount of asterisks on that website is horrible.  Lips sealed
SSL

Activity: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 01:52:20 AM

No thanks.
Also, why an extension? What else is needed apart of the URL/Product name?
nangetsu

Activity: 34

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 02:09:01 AM

Problem with browser extension, there has been known cases of malicious extensions that steals bitcoin wallets.
ijmolder93 (OP)

Activity: 49

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2014, 04:45:54 PM

Sorry for the late reply, not very active on this website at all, clearly.

Mind explaining what that asterisk besides "any" means?

The asterisk is because you can buy almost anything, it implies there are some things you can't buy with our service. Say you want to buy a car on eBay or something, we probably wouldn't be able to help you with that one.

No thanks.

If you don't trust it, then don't download it. You can still use our service through our main website. We wouldn't want you to download anything that made you uncomfortable. We have over 70+ people using the extension and have heard nothing but good things.

Ditto why would i install an extension in my browser when first i don't know how it works second the code is not open source third coming from a newbie (which is still considerable)----- Personally i won't install it anyway and sorry if iam wrong but i can smell something fishy here !! tell us how it works !!

You can find all information on how it works and a video explaining it on our main website. I am a newbie on here because I am not very active on this website, as listed above. I am however very active on the reddit digital currency community pages. You can find plenty of good words from users about our service on there, or see our testimonials on our website.

The extension has over 70 users, all reporting they were very happy with it, and would only make minor cosmetic changes to it, which we are working on.

Please explain what "smells fishy" about our service. We still are rather new, almost 2 months of successfully completing orders and building up our business. We understand there is always skepticism when businesses start out but we are doing everything we can to ensure people it is safe to use our service.

Also, why an extension? What else is needed apart of the URL/Product name?

While you dont need the extension, it is to make it easier for you so you don't have to go back and forth between us and our website whenever you want to buy a product online. You just find the product you want and click the extension, instead of going back and forth copying and pasting the url, product name, etc. The extension automatically pulls this data for you. It also saves your information locally on your computer, so you don't need to constantly fill in your information. After using it the first time, future orders are fairly instant. We hope to make it very sleek and better in the future.

Problem with browser extension, there has been known cases of malicious extensions that steals bitcoin wallets.

Yea unfortunately, but we can't let that stop our business from expanding and becoming easier for our users. We have over 70 people using the extension so far and have heard great feedback. Its a hard road uphill but our great users will help us get there.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: