Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 02:46:05 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: So Ripple is becoming mainstream, where are the other alts?  (Read 2164 times)
NWO (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 04:21:52 AM

http://www.coindesk.com/fidor-becomes-first-bank-to-use-ripple-payment-protocol/

Ripple is looking pretty legitimate right now  Shocked
Anotheranonlol

Activity: 588
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 05:19:11 AM

https://ripple.com/ripple-mm.pdf

El Dude

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 06:22:33 AM

Ripplescam.org

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
NWO (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 08:33:52 AM

Ripplescam.org

Please stop misleading noobs to a site written by a known and publicly humiliated SCAMMER. That site is the scam and has been debunked numerous times. Ripple is now implemented into a legitimate banking infrastructure. But why do I bother? I want people like you to miss the boat. Ripple is just too complicated for some people to understand so they let scammers (TradeFortress) brainwash them.

pastet89

Activity: 378
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 09:34:42 AM

Wow, thanks for that info !
Maybe the price should scyrocket now ??

Cryptostats.es
atoni

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 09:49:07 AM

This is great news for entire crypto community. Finally financial institution as gotten on board Smiley
stan26

Activity: 195

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 09:50:44 AM

You're talking about Ripple payment protocol. Which is different from Ripple the coin. But it could still be a boost for the coin Ripple I guess.

Cryptogirl82

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 10:08:40 AM

Just waiting for the day when the Ripple price rises to 1$. Personally I put Ripple on the same level as BTC.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1115

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 10:30:48 AM

Just waiting for the day when the Ripple price rises to 1$. Personally I put Ripple on the same level as BTC.

Ripple is constantly decreasing in value...I guess just like btc at this point...
SomethingElse

Activity: 210

Looking for the next big thing

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 10:33:15 AM

This is a huge deal for Ripple.  If Ripple can get a few major banks from the top 20 countries as a start, I think it could really build momentum and take over as a payment system.  I am a big fan of bitcoin and own a lot of bitcoin and only a pinch of XRP.  There really isn't much point in owning XRP though in the same way people want to own bitcoin.  XRPs main benefit and really only benefit to me is just as an antispam taxing measure.  People call Ripple a scam because XRP is all premined, but they are missing the point.  XRP isn't really suppose to be worth much anyway and is just used to facilitate transaction fees, so really who cares who owns it; it just means they owners of the xrp own a whole lot of nothing.  It is the Dollar, Euro, RMB, Gold, Silver, bitcoin ect. in the system that is suppose to be valuable.  Until now there weren't enough big banks willing to support the platform, but if Ripple gets more, it could really turn into an amazing platform for making transactions.  The tech as far as capability and uses is sooooooo far more advanced than bitcoin in just about every way.  The problem is that it doesn't hold true to the completely decentralized ideal that bitcoin was built on, but instead settles for distributed.  Ripple can really hurt bitcoin if it gets more big players playing into its system.  Right now nobody wants to play because nobody else uses it, but how can they get people to use it if nobody wants to play.  It is the huge boot strapping dilemma.  

NEM
NWO (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 11:05:59 AM

You're talking about Ripple payment protocol. Which is different from Ripple the coin. But it could still be a boost for the coin Ripple I guess.

Yes I am talking about the Ripple protocol, not Ripples (XRP).
Cleveland Evans

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

FBC is better

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 01:40:40 PM

Ripplescam.org

Please stop misleading noobs to a site written by a known and publicly humiliated SCAMMER. That site is the scam and has been debunked numerous times. Ripple is now implemented into a legitimate banking infrastructure. But why do I bother? I want people like you to miss the boat. Ripple is just too complicated for some people to understand so they let scammers (TradeFortress) brainwash them.

Everybody beware of the liar.

researchsupportcoin

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 01:55:48 PM

Ripple is a great project and I'm happy that they closed this deal. It's a very good sign that financial institutions are starting to use it.

Join Research Support Coin at www.researchsupportcoin.org
reRaise

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 01:57:16 PM

Isn't ripple centralised? This is pretty much giving up what we started, and that was INDEPENDENT transactions , NOT regulated fee for service hucksters!
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 02:16:28 PM

Isn't ripple centralised?

Yes. Ripple is centralized and completely controlled by a single organization. Basically, it's like an anti-bitcoin network.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ripple_Labs
lotosminer

Activity: 137

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 04:15:12 PM

It looks like the ripple price started to slowly grow after the announcement Smiley

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!. SqDH9nmCWyP1yUM9J3ZhUiQ9kc8aotqPZL
QORA | 2ND GEN | NEW SOURCE CODE | QZBa56NpqpodoZBqhE314m7VxQi7fR4atQ
templar77

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 04:25:36 PM

Here are the facts:

Ripple is ponzi scheme. You can see in an interview to one of the founders that he says they will not give 40% of the coins. He says they will use it to to fund and pay the costs of the company.

This means ripple is not different from other premined shit coins, and it is not descentralized because the coins are controlled by a for-profit organization.

So please stop promoting this scam.
atoni

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 04:41:35 PM

Fact that there is real company behind it with accredited investors (google, andressen horowitz and other) is enough to make it not scam. I hope more banks come aboard because ripple really solves some serious issues in banking today.
Magic8Ball
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 04:44:14 PM

If someone can create a ripple clone which is decentralised and open source then it will be big. Otherwise it will keep getting shunned by most.
atoni

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 04:49:16 PM

I am trading with dollars too Smiley and how are you buying your bitcoins? with chickens?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: