Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:14:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Release] Minepeon ported to VirtualBox for bfgminer stratum proxy server  (Read 3921 times)
808Mining (OP)

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 06:16:19 AM
Last edit: May 05, 2014, 07:16:58 AM by 808Mining

Original Post: http://minepeon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=7119#p7119
Released minepeon controlled stratum-proxy VirtualBox VM
Second Official Client Platform for GhashForCash.
http://virtualboximages.com/GHashForCash+Client+-+Ubuntu+14.04+i386+Stratum+Proxy+Bitcoin+miner+server+VM

The Reasoning
As you know, higher hash rates push us for more resources.
The Raspberry Pi is a wonderful little computer. For the past month we have struggled and failed to get the bfgminer implementation of stratum-proxy functioning as a stable option for the GhashForCash Network client controller.

Experimentation and Failure
Tests proved, that running bfgminer in a Virtual Computer, or other substantial hardware ran and performed as expected. bfgminer could not be the issue. Luke-jr was sent log files from bfgminer, and found nothing abnormal.

In further tests, Installing Raspbian on a Pi running bfgminer as a stratum-proxy produced the erratic hash rates and restarts.

A Viable Solutions that feels familiar
An option beyond the limits of your RPi and keeping the warm minepeon goodness.

If you do not have sufficient hardware to run a suitable VirtualBox VM, this is not a solution for you.

With proper hardware using the VM will replace the need to purchase a Raspberry Pi to connect to the GhashForCash Network.

Why VirtualBox and not VMWare or...
VirtualBox Is FREE, Thank you very much.
I founded VirtualBoxImages.com over 5 years ago after providing Virtual Servers solutions to clients. Every one one VM's on VirtualBoxImages was built by me, there are over 500. Since the beginning, VirtualBox has matured and now is owned by Oracle. VirtualBox may have limitations compared to other VM systems, but quite honestly, I don't know what they are, I only use VirtualBox. I have not found a limitation that was sufficient to move from the platform. Plus, I'm kinda committed on this end.
You can download VirtualBox directly from the VirtualBox Site
Download VirtualBox: https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads

Why should I pay $24.00USD for this VM ?
Bseide the fact that you would only look at this option if the Raspberry Pi solution is not. The Raspberry Pi will cost you.
Another simple answer, Setup and Support.
But, there is a FREE Option. If anything is really FREE.

"How hard can it setting this VM up be ?" It's not for the faint at heart.
Using a Virtual Computer platform is not for everyone. There are multiple points that must be given attention.
Networking - Set the Virtual Appliance networking to Bridged-Network
Hardwired Network Adaptor - The system simply works better on a wired network with a bridged adaprot.
Assigning an IP address to the VM - The system functions more reliably if the device is assigned an IP address. This can be done be setting the MAC address in your DHCP server.

Is Setup Assistance Support Available ?
Your purchase includes a 40 minute setup support call. We will make arrangement with your to help you get setup and running. Contact me if you have questions.
Working with TeamViewer we handle any question you may have and get your miner connected to GHashForCash.com and activated.
TeamViewer is free to download:
http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx

Can I run run Multiple copies of the VM ?
Certainly. You sure can't just copy a Raspberry Pi
Create a second Stratum-Proxy VM instance simply by coping the first using the VBox clone command, and launching it in VirtualBox. You can run multiple VM on the same computer or utilize multiple computers. The possibilities are endless.
All we ask is that you do not share out side of your organization. Um, right?

FREE Limited Support Option
Ok, why not? Your feel your more than capable of setting up and configuring a VirtualBox VM or are planning to re-port the VM to XenServer or VMWare? Wonderful. Send me a message and I'll send you a link that will allow you to download the VM for FREE. All I would ask is that you do not share the VM, lol. No really!

"Are there any known problems with this VM ?"
Still working out small kinks, but more than ready to hash.
Check out the VirtualBoxImages.com listing for the Stratum-Proxy server for more information regarding the VirtualBox portion of the implementation.

How do I log into this what are the VM Access Passwords ?
minepeon/peon is still your friend
Oh, but there is so much more. This is a full blown Ubuntu 14.04 Server, all wrapped up in a single file.
At VirtualBoxImages.com we consistently use the same username and password. Same necessary flaw as your router/firewall. The information on passwords for the VM are available on the page
VirtualBoxIamges.com Passwords: http://virtualboximages.com/passwords

A special thank you to everyone who has helped with testing the VM betas. Those are some long nights we'll never get back. It was great working with you.

-James

Lease your miner and get paid @GhashForCash.com | Buy Mining contract @808Mining.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gitbknowsall

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 06:19:41 AM

LOL why not charge btc... im not going to pay for something with my credit card when its under MIT license which you are clearly violating by charging Fiat Wink Good product none the less. BTC OPTION Wink
808Mining (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 06:22:44 AM

You are not paying for the software.
If you would like it for FREE I will supply the VM to you.

You are paying for the support call to help set it up.

Lease your miner and get paid @GhashForCash.com | Buy Mining contract @808Mining.com
gitbknowsall

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 07:20:08 AM

so by paying say if i need grid seed support that is provided ? I am willing to pay for your support via credit card.
808Mining (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 07:56:03 AM

so by paying say if i need grid seed support that is provided ? I am willing to pay for your support via credit card.

We provide support for the VM configuration and setup.
I would need to look into what is necessary for gridseed. I don't think it would be too much of an issue.

I also have to take a look at the newest version of bfgminer v4.0 which has built in support for gridseed.

PM me for more information or support@ghashforcash.com

-James

gitbknowsall

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 09:23:14 AM

excellent, post and let me know. I will purchase right away if it comes with grid seed support Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: