Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 09:45:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you sponsor something cool to get some positive publicity?
Yes - 25 (67.6%)
No - 12 (32.4%)
Total Voters: 37

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lets sponsorhip something cool!  (Read 2073 times)
CryptoPanda (OP)

Activity: 882
Merit: 302

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 06:42:36 AM

Dogecoin got amazing amount of publicity out of their sochi and later nascar sponshorship. Why we haven't done anything like that, ever? We should have much more money anyway?
If you are up for it please give an idea what we could sponsor, something that we can get max publicity. And we will take it from there.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 06:52:44 AM

A Super Bowl Ad
A blimp
A sports stadium  Grin

BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 07:02:03 AM

Dogecoin got amazing amount of publicity out of their sochi and later nascar sponshorship. Why we haven't done anything like that, ever? We should have much more money anyway?
If you are up for it please give an idea what we could sponsor, something that we can get max publicity. And we will take it from there.

Bitcoin was accepted as a part of project mars-one. Richard Branson said Virgin Galactic will accept bitcoin for space trip. So, what Doge achieved through sponsorship came to Bitcoin as natural. Bitcoin needs mass adoption, that wont come from a super bowl ad. It requires social media. May be this has something to do with that => https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=594290.0

Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 07:06:21 AM

The thread topic is sponsorship of something cool!
A Super Bowl ad or Sports Stadium name is much cooler than a pre-planned 'Spam dump' on Twitter.

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4500

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 07:06:27 AM

bitcoin doesnt need sponsorship

thats like saying the dollar or the pound needs sponsorship.

what you will find is companies that use bitcoin will do sponsorship things.

i know bitpay has done alot over the last few years

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
BitOnyx

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Cryptocurrencies Exchange

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 08:01:37 AM

Instead of sponsorship better idea is to just use it and adopt it at your business.

On other hand marketing and PR work wonders on dogecoin.

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 09:02:09 AM

Instead of sponsorship better idea is to just use it and adopt it at your business.

On other hand marketing and PR work wonders on dogecoin.

dogecoin needs PR. as people wont use it otherwise. there are no 'features or benefits' there is just.......... popularity.

if i offered people £$1 for every person that uses something i made for a month. id get popularity too... but the dogecoin price proves that its not useful long term

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
erono

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 09:14:21 AM

Perhaps sponsorhiping a Dota 2 tournament in the works. There should still be in the region of $10,000 available for advertising!

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 09:17:23 AM

World cup advertising in a game just one of the BTC as soccer players run by
Not sure how much that would cost though
Would get a fair amount of views

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Cryptogirl82

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 09:24:10 AM

A Super Bowl Ad
A blimp
A sports stadium  Grin

Super Bowl sounds like a great idea. Why don't we start Crowdfunding. Tomatocage or Vod could hodl the coins.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 10:17:25 AM

Dogecoin is great for giveaways because that is what you do with Dogecoin...give it away.

If I had a currency that inflated faster than the Zimbabwe dollar I would be throwing it away on tips and whatever the hell else I could unload it on quickly.

This is a perfect application of BitPools...a bunch of people that want to support Bitcoin by sponsoring something but do not know what to sponsor.

If enough people pledge their bitcoins toward something then we can have a good idea of what we can accomplish. Otherwise it is just daydreaming.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETCP8NeXasY

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
dreamspark

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 12:15:59 PM

Something that all the rich people will see, polo anyone?
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 12:22:35 PM

The World Cup...

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
CryptoPanda (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 12:45:15 PM

Dogecoin is great for giveaways because that is what you do with Dogecoin...give it away.

If I had a currency that inflated faster than the Zimbabwe dollar I would be throwing it away on tips and whatever the hell else I could unload it on quickly.

This is a perfect application of BitPools...a bunch of people that want to support Bitcoin by sponsoring something but do not know what to sponsor.

If enough people pledge their bitcoins toward something then we can have a good idea of what we can accomplish. Otherwise it is just daydreaming.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETCP8NeXasY

Your site and idea is actually great! I guess it's quite early phase of development by looking at the site?
the video is great though!
LostDutchman

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 09:01:15 PM

Interesting that this topic came up as I have been approached by a coupe of people interested in building somekind ofproject that would help Bitcoin as well as others.

We are in the "kicking it around" stage, so I'll keep an eye on this thread and keep you postd.

My $.02.

Wink

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 09:21:16 PM

A Super Bowl Ad
A blimp
A sports stadium  Grin

Those are great ideas, but probably super expensive.   Maybe like a boxing event, or UFC fight.   While I am not that into UFC, it does capture a lot of viewers, and it could possibly be smack in the middle of the ring. 

Rogan had Andreas Antonopolous (spelling?) on his show twice, so he could probably make the connections...
BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 10:20:33 PM

A Super Bowl ad or Sports Stadium name is much cooler than a pre-planned 'Spam dump' on Twitter.

I dont understand which part appeared to u as twitter spam dump !!! If u advertise on twitter, it is spam and if u sponsor a super-bowl ...it is great ? I guess u r an old man from 60s.

Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 11:48:57 PM

I dont understand which part appeared to u as twitter spam dump !!! If u advertise on twitter, it is spam and if u sponsor a super-bowl ...it is great ? I guess u r an old man from 60s.

No not nearly that old, sonny.  Smiley
I am experienced enough to know that a "a credit based tweet exchange" can safely be called a form of spam....sorry.
FYI: Social media is so overrun with Spam, perhaps you think it is acceptable and/or cannot even recognize it?

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 11:52:07 PM

Maybe like a boxing event, or UFC fight.  

was done last month:
http://www.bitcoinfc.com/
http://www.theo2.co.uk/indigo2/event/bitcoin-fight-night-20140405.html

CryptoPanda (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 05:39:49 AM

yes because that's the same as UFC Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: