Print  
Author Topic: ,,,  (Read 3919 times)
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 12:44:48 PM

If you can get bubble up you can expect a bubble downwards aswell... deal with it.

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xb0x

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

Better don't say if you don't know!

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 12:49:19 PM

Ask those who are holding since 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, oktober 2013... jp, bad investment  Grin

This Cheesy hahaha
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4004
Merit: 4473

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 01:24:18 PM

Looking at the broad picture I get a feeling we're gonna end up at $100.

Less than a year or two is not the "broad picture".

Just my BTC0.00000002
UnDerDoG81
Legendary

Activity: 2179
Merit: 1201

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 03:56:52 PM

Looks really not so good. A stable price on the $400´s is a bad sign I think. We had these stages already at 700s, 600 and 500s... Next is possibly 300s, 200s, 100s...

But I got to hodl, bought very high, so, fuck that... I sink with the ship...
Arghhh

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 05:41:03 PM

The amount of butthurt speculators is strong in this thread.
bitbouillion

Activity: 868
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 05:42:04 PM

A calender year is just a random time frame. You can buy on any day of the year not only January 1st and you can sell on any day of the year not only December 31st.

Wilhelm
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 06:24:57 PM

Looks really not so good. A stable price on the $400´s is a bad sign I think. We had these stages already at 700s, 600 and 500s... Next is possibly 300s, 200s, 100s...

But I got to hodl, bought very high, so, fuck that... I sink with the ship...

Even if stable on 400 it will become 800 after halving so hodl on tight!!!

Wilhelm
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 06:26:18 PM

A calender year is just a random time frame. You can buy on any day of the year not only January 1st and you can sell on any day of the year not only December 31st.

But not always on 29th febuary...

Wandererfromthenorth

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 09:23:53 PM

By the way, if you search on google images for "hold" then moon pictures come up
Coincidence? I think not Grin

oh shit you're right!!!!    LMAO Grin
r34tr783tr78

Activity: 481
Merit: 268

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 09:35:36 AM

If we can't try to predict the future based on the past, on what would we make any prediction? All the laws of science are based on past behaviour/facts.

I wrote too much already on holding...

inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 10:39:45 AM

This place is a vast improvement after putting the pothead on ignore. Or crack. Or whatever he blew his single digit coins on.

LOL @ Ibian the fkn noob retard who has a net buy-in price of around $800!

Bought in at $100. But all the way up 'on the dips'...cos every dip is just a temporary retrace!

Enjoy sitting around for months, if not years with your capital tied up in one of the most risky assets on the face of the planet just in order to break even.

Doubling your money is your worst case scenario for the last 6 months... ouch!

Only a fkn arsehole would cherry pick such a 'fact' and broadcast it.

If someone bought in 6 months ago, and have held all this time, then they are a fkn idiot.

Not sure why holding an asset which has doubled in six months with the potential to once again go much much higher makes you a 'fkin idiot'. You managed to lose money in that timeframe by playing with leverage.

In terms of managing risk there is a lot of room for the price to move south and for buyer of 6 months ago to still exit with no loss. If all bitcoin holders are stupid then why not sell all of yours and make this forum a brighter place by leaving? You won't because at the back of your mind, despite the recent price action, you know there is a good chance that the price will surge upwards on its next run and you don't want to miss out.  Smiley

Because though you won't admit it, bitcoin remains a great disruptive technology which could still change the world, and if it does, it is just about the strongest assymetric trade out there today. With all the price specific commenting on this forum that is something that i think gets lost in the noise of the shrill bearish chatter. That is why everyone is here, right?

Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 02:36:22 PM

If we can't try to predict the future based on the past, on what would we make any prediction? All the laws of science are based on past behaviour/facts.

I wrote too much already on holding...

Correct, but there is also the possibility to choose the wrong elements of the past to build your rule.

For valuation of bitcoin, I suggest:

General price level at times of the classical gold standard, gold volume being relatively static.

General price level change when the rich gold deposits of south america were mined.

What happens to price levels when money supply increases. There are a hundred examples of fiat hyperinflations.

We don't have a direct parallell to the price deflation that we expect for bitcoin. So here we can not directly create a law based on the past. But...

We have lots of bubble examples. Here the bubbly asset can be regarded as money, because it aquires exchange value, (and the fiat money lacks the important long time value protection). The bubble bursts when it becomes clear that the bubbly stuff was not good money after all. Bitcoin can then be regarded as a bubble, but it will not burst as long as it is the best money around.

So that are the rules that govern bitcoin expected value appreciation. Based on experiences from the past.

dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 02:46:02 PM

Not sure why holding an asset which has doubled in six months with the potential to once again go much much higher makes you a 'fkin idiot'. You managed to lose money in that timeframe by playing with leverage.

In terms of managing risk there is a lot of room for the price to move south and for buyer of 6 months ago to still exit with no loss. If all bitcoin holders are stupid then why not sell all of yours and make this forum a brighter place by leaving? You won't because at the back of your mind, despite the recent price action, you know there is a good chance that the price will surge upwards on its next run and you don't want to miss out.  Smiley

Because though you won't admit it, bitcoin remains a great disruptive technology which could still change the world, and if it does, it is just about the strongest assymetric trade out there today. With all the price specific commenting on this forum that is something that i think gets lost in the noise of the shrill bearish chatter. That is why everyone is here, right?

Just ignore MatTheCat.  He thought he had trading and TA all figured out, posting all these elaborate calls and what not.  Then he fucked up a bunch of shorts and lost his shirt.  His modus operandi is to now call out Bitcoin conspiracies of destroying third world economies and what ever other lunacy filled rant he's come up with at the time.

Aaaand, all of this is after he forwent his opportunity to load up on coins at 1$ because he was too busy buying drugs off of SR.
r34tr783tr78

Activity: 481
Merit: 268

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 03:03:06 PM

Some people might have a truculent way to defend their views, but that isn't reason to ignore them if the views are supported on arguments or facts.

K128kevin2

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 03:06:27 PM

Price has risen over 8,300% in past 2 years. How can you possibly call it a bad investment lol...
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4004
Merit: 4473

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 03:45:25 PM

Just ignore MatTheCat.  He thought he had trading and TA all figured out, posting all these elaborate calls and what not.  Then he fucked up a bunch of shorts and lost his shirt.  His modus operandi is to now call out Bitcoin conspiracies of destroying third world economies and what ever other lunacy filled rant he's come up with at the time.

Never attribute to malice what can adequately be explained by stupidity.

Likewise, never attribute to stupidity what can adequately be explained by malice.

MatTheTwat specializes in both. He is the only troll I've ever put on ignore.
MatTheCat

Activity: 840

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 04:12:22 PM
Last edit: May 05, 2014, 04:34:04 PM by MatTheCat

His modus operandi is to now call out Bitcoin conspiracies of destroying third world economies and what ever other lunacy filled rant he's come up with at the time.

Yet all the time, Bitcoin keeps going in the direction that I say it is going, whilst you guys keep slavering the same old shit and being proven total fkn clowns. Especially JimboToronto. Not a bigger fkn idiot on the whole forum.

Will be sure to give ya a shout when Bitcoin dips into $200 range like I said I would.

In terms of managing risk there is a lot of room for the price to move south and for buyer of 6 months ago to still exit with no loss. If all bitcoin holders are stupid then why not sell all of yours and make this forum a brighter place by leaving? You won't because at the back of your mind, despite the recent price action, you know there is a good chance that the price will surge upwards on its next run and you don't want to miss out.  Smiley

If you bought Bitcoin at $200, you had two bites at the cherry to sell at $1100 range. When it dipped back down into $1000 range, with volume contracting all the time, that my friend was the schoolboy double top moment and the point when I sold all my Bitcoins and stopped looking to trade long. Back then, I honestly did not even know what a MACD was so yes. Anyone who failed to see the double top being in is frankly a bit fkn stupid and has cut their own throat whether they are still in the black, hovering around break even or otherwise. Furthermore, it is not like their hasn't been plenty opportunities all the way down to take still good profits and/or cut losses.

No, I don't own any Bitcoins as my new investment method (only ever going unleveraged long and waiting on a Bitcoin dream/subconscious insight to inform my decision on whether to hold or not) tells me that going long Bitcoin is right now "a very dangerous thing to be doing although safe enough for the time being" (that was over 1 week ago). But yes, I am still here because there is brass to be earned yet in this scam and whilst I think that Bitcoin has got at least another $150 to fall yet, one day at some point in the future, Bitcoin is going to start to rise again. My bet is that somewhere in the $200 range will prove to be the intermediate term low and that Bitcoin will then go on to take out a good few resistance levels. I could be wrong and Bitcoin may need to fall lower than $200 range but I will cross that bridge when the time comes.

That is why I am still here. If Bitcoin isn't killed off (which it may well be), then I have no doubt that greater ATH's are yet to come (although perhaps not within the time scales of many of the fantasists around here) and if further ATH are still to come then in contrast to my general investment disinterest back in the single figure Bitcoin days, I intend to take a slice of the action next time around.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
pabpete

Activity: 539
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 06:09:54 PM

Supply and demand my friends.
Stevenrm87

Activity: 403

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 08:11:28 PM

Aaaand, all of this is after he forwent his opportunity to load up on coins at 1$ because he was too busy buying drugs off of SR.

Hell regret that for the rest of his life!

Selling fully funded Titan BTC Physical Bitcoins, Gold and SIlver - BTC Physical Bitcoins BTC PM if interested.
bitcoinsrus

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 11:43:09 PM

Hell regret that for the rest of his life!

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: