Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 04:11:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Peercoin Weekly Review  (Read 1349 times)
river333 (OP)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 06:33:02 PM

Here are some of the more important topics with Peercoin from the past week for those who are interested. If I have missed anything, please post it in the comments.

#1. The upgrade window to v0.4 has now passed. If you didn't upgrade in time, you will have to redownload the blockchain. Post in this thread if you need any help.

#2. Work is continuing on the new Peercoin video. Here are some teasers: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14.

#3. As the Bitcoin community are debating whether to use "Bits" to represent 0.000001 BTC, similar discussions are happening with Peercoin.

#4. Peerunity is in the testing stage. It is a dual Peercoin/Peershares client (Peershares is due to be added later on). If you want to help out with testing and speed up the release, read this.

#5. There is a new board on PeercoinTalk dedicated to Peerunity. You can already make feature requests for v0.2.

#6. Post from Peershares Developer Jordan Lee: "The Peershares project will be funding the implementation of cold wallet minting and it will become part of the Peershares template. After it has been proven and refined in a Peershares implementation, we would like to use it in Peercoin. Doing so will require protocol changes and therefore broad community consensus."

Here is the last Peercoin Weekly Review in case you missed it. Also consider signing up to PeercoinTalk to stay up to date.
masterOfDisaster

Activity: 321
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 08:39:52 PM

Thanks for the update!

While the video is for sure nice from a marketing point of view, I like #6 best as this is an impressive step forward to minting security which will lead to a lot more minting due to the low risk for the minting Peercoins (by evil people/software).

Very exciting!
nescio9

Activity: 3

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 09:10:09 PM

Good to hear there is much happening for peercoin! Peerunity development is exciting and cold wallet minting will be wonderful.
Sentinelrv

Activity: 648
Merit: 318

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 09:51:35 PM

Thanks for the update!

While the video is for sure nice from a marketing point of view, I like #6 best as this is an impressive step forward to minting security which will lead to a lot more minting due to the low risk for the minting Peercoins (by evil people/software).

Very exciting!

The only thing I want to know is what happens to the version of cold-locked minting that Sunny is developing.
mhps

Activity: 516
Merit: 500

CAT.EX Exchange

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 01:54:25 AM

Solid progress.

|(
▄▄██████████▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▄
██████ ███ ▀▀▀ ███ ███████
██████▀▄███████████▄▀███████
███████ █████████████ ████████
███████ █████████████ ████████
████████▄▀█████████▀▄█████████
██████████▄ █████ ▄█▀▄▄▄▀█████
██████████ ████▌▐█ █▀▄█ ████
████████▌▐█████ █▌▐█▄▄████
▀█████▀ ██████▄ ▀ █████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀██████████▀▀
)(.
)
▌   ANNOUNCE THREAD   ▌▐   BOUNTY   ▐
TWITTER  |  FACEBOOK  |  TELEGRAM  |  DISCORD
(((((((   MOBILE APP [ ANDROID / IOS ]   )))))))
)
CoinTropolis_JustaBitTime

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 02:19:07 AM

Love it, keep up the great work!
dellfucko

Activity: 12

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 02:22:10 AM

Good to hear there is much happening for peercoin! Peerunity development is exciting and cold wallet minting will be wonderful.

Really good news. I just bought some PPCs from BTC38.com yesterday.
Seems I had a good choice.
romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 04:41:54 AM

Lokking forward to the coldlock
_CapR_

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 02:48:08 PM

Nice work.  The video looks interesting.  Can't wait to see it.  I look forward to cold wallet minting.
skeet

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 03:07:14 PM

Nice development going on with Peercoin. Awesome video teasers!

FuzzyBear
Legendary

Activity: 1420
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 11:07:18 AM

Thanks for this, great to have info in one place to catch up on the weeks activity.

Fuzzybear

***** Earn DEV at http://devtome.com *****
river333 (OP)

Activity: 38

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 03:21:08 PM

A major evolution for Peer4Commit was also announced last night. Here's the link: http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=2768.0

It might even be the first project to use Peershares?  Shocked
DonnyMontana

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 09:40:48 AM

I like Peercoin, but what should it be called in casual use? A peer? I think it needs a catchy nickname
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: