Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 02:27:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Chinese bitcoin exchanges have pulled out of the Bitcoin conference in Beijing  (Read 1435 times)
yomofo (OP)

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 06:36:24 PM
Last edit: May 05, 2014, 08:23:29 PM by yomofo

https://twitter.com/btcdrak/status/463228579548237824

https://twitter.com/ofnumbers/status/463228429974773760

just found out that all of the Chinese bitcoin exchanges have pulled out of the #Bitcoin conference in Beijing: http://www.globalbtcsummit.com/en/ they are taking the #PBOC notice seriously and will not give any presentations or show up in an official capacity. sobering development.

PBOC email: webbox@pbc.gov.cn

UglyTroll

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 07:15:31 PM

Haha, I guess they feel too shame to be in that meeting. Chinese people feel shame on a lot of things, not like western people Grin
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3570
Merit: 5043

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 07:31:03 PM

Haha, I guess they feel too shame to be in that meeting. Chinese people feel shame on a lot of things, not like western people Grin

Dumbest statement I've read in this subforum in a while.  Your username does you justice.
UglyTroll

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 07:37:54 PM

If you feed a troll, it means you are not very smart, I hope you still handsome  Grin
akujin

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 07:46:58 PM

They wimped out? LOL!
China will send their tanks  Grin Grin Grin

BTC: 165rKPfGJ3ndrG1QziHR6ACnViP4EQHNK7
LTC: LMysGMFjmF9gR9RzStij74msXrDP1NqW8X
DOGE: DRZXGgcKN8kANwko3VycsBVVGqfy6XsSpM
UglyTroll

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 08:09:04 PM

Unfortunately Bitcoin doesn't have tanks to support, this is the fundamental design flaw, no way to grew up  Embarrassed
y3804

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 08:11:38 PM

Are you also wholecoin on reddit?
UglyTroll

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 08:16:26 PM

No, he's not me Grin By the way, reddit is very boring, a lot of college kids over there, I feel stupid trolling over there  Wink
kryptopojken

Activity: 767
Merit: 532

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 09:43:17 PM

trolls, can't live with can't live without them
YipYip

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 11:39:39 PM

lolz ..dont give a flying fruit cake

Plain and simple move to HK ...problem solved

But no just wont to keep the CHINESE BAN propoganda train running full steam ahead

OBJECT NOT FOUND
UglyTroll

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 11:53:28 PM

I find still a lot of people don't understand a simple truth: A mainland Chinese citizen is not able to bring money to a HK bank account in a legal way, unless ...
YipYip

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 12:16:39 AM

No matter how much the bears are the world is falling on our heads (i.e sub 300 prices)

We are still here at the 415 support line... I agree we may be here for a while ... Just wish

a) chinese exchanges move to HK
or
b)they all shutdown & go cook me some noodles

I know and they know who ever survives the chinese situation will reap the long term rewards and a handful of non-offical (offically) sanctioned exchanges

I am sure that already there are dinners & bribes flying left right and center and party members being appointed as board of directors on specific exchange boards

This is how the corrupt chinese regime opperates and to be fair some big business in the west

The idea that there will be no crypto in china is a joke

OBJECT NOT FOUND
YipYip

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 12:18:40 AM

I find still a lot of people don't understand a simple truth: A mainland Chinese citizen is not able to bring money to a HK bank account in a legal way, unless ...

Who cares about them ..really

They had it too good for too long... The amount of hoops that us white devils have to go through to get fiat onto& off exchanges is the reality of life

There is an old saying where there is a will there is a way  Cool

OBJECT NOT FOUND
LostDutchman

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 12:28:17 AM

Who cares about them ..really

They had it too good for too long... The amount of hoops that us white devils have to go through to get fiat onto& off exchanges is the reality of life

There is an old saying where there is a will there is a way  Cool

That "white devils" thing really cracked me up!

My $.02.

Wink

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
UglyTroll

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 12:31:41 AM

"Who cares about them ..really"

If you don't care, why you guys keep talking about it. Although I'm a troll Smiley but I'm not a lier  Grin
YipYip

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 12:57:45 AM

"Who cares about them ..really"

If you don't care, why you guys keep talking about it. Although I'm a troll Smiley but I'm not a lier  Grin

"Who cares"  as in I would like some peace and quiet ...If there where no chinese in bitcoin i really really dont give a flying fruit cake !!!!

OBJECT NOT FOUND
RockHound

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 04:28:21 AM

No matter how much the bears are the world is falling on our heads (i.e sub 300 prices)

We are still here at the 415 support line... I agree we may be here for a while ... Just wish

a) chinese exchanges move to HK
or
b)they all shutdown & go cook me some noodles

I know and they know who ever survives the chinese situation will reap the long term rewards and a handful of non-offical (offically) sanctioned exchanges

I am sure that already there are dinners & bribes flying left right and center and party members being appointed as board of directors on specific exchange boards

This is how the corrupt chinese regime opperates and to be fair some big business in the west

The idea that there will be no crypto in china is a joke

Good points YipYip - I too have wondered whether moving to a "Special Administrative Region" would be a fix.

Would just have to send:

CNY/RMB to own HK bank account
HK account changes CNY/RMB to HKD
Fund HK-based Exchange
Use the HKD/BTC trading pair

Seems like this would be simple enough, however do HK-based banks allow customer accounts from mainland China residents?
Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 05:03:50 AM

Good points YipYip - I too have wondered whether moving to a "Special Administrative Region" would be a fix.

Would just have to send:

CNY/RMB to own HK bank account...
That's illegal for mainland China residents.

Something that so many Bitcoin fanatics don't get: the use of Bitcoin in China wasn't because people wanted Bitcoins. It was because they wanted dollars, euros, or yen, outside China's exchange controls. Bitcoin was, briefly, an easy and legal way to do that.  That's over.

Mythul

Activity: 644

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 05:17:37 AM

Man the day when we will ignore the chinese will never come !
Pepin

Activity: 57

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 05:26:11 AM

That's illegal for mainland China residents.

Something that so many Bitcoin fanatics don't get: the use of Bitcoin in China wasn't because people wanted Bitcoins. It was because they wanted dollars, euros, or yen, outside China's exchange controls. Bitcoin was, briefly, an easy and legal way to do that.  That's over.

More difficult, yes, but not quite over. Besides bank transfers there are other options, such as buying online vouchers with codes, using a Bitcoin ATM, or going to their office and transacting in cash.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: