Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 06:28:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you trust somebody's predictions on this forum?
I trust some ppl here - 55 (59.1%)
I trust nobody here - 38 (40.9%)
Total Voters: 93

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you trust somebody on this forum?  (Read 3358 times)
Wary (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Who's there?

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 09:46:37 PM

You can't trust: Day-trading is zero sum game. Your win is somebody's loss, everybody is your competitor, all predictions are made to benefit predictors and therefore to harm you. Even is somebody gives correct call, it is just a bait, to gain your trust and to rob you later on.

You can trust: Bitcoin is different. In long term it's positive sum game, because it grows exponentially. We are all want bitcoin to succeed, we are collaborators here, rather than competitors, so you can trust long-term (and some mid-term) predictions. Only short-term predictions should not be trusted.

Fairplay medal of dnaleor's trading simulator. Smiley
kireinaha

Activity: 350
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 09:57:23 PM

Trust them? Yes, in the sense that they genuinely believe they know what they're talking about. That doesn't necessarily mean I would follow said advice, though.

Night gathers, and now my bitcoinwisdom watch begins.
BitcoinBobbeh

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 10:19:24 PM

Both.

Somebody might be very knowledgeable and trusts in the long-term potential of Bitcoin - but that same person would scam the shit out of you if given the chance.

The only person I completely trust (as far as both technical babble and trustworthiness go) is some handsome jerk named BitcoinBobbeh.

By the end of next month at the latest we will have permanently left behind 3 digits. You can quote me on this.
Arghhh

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 11:10:44 PM

People not to trust: Anyone who says bitcoin will fail. Sounds a bit overzealous? Maybe... but here's my rationale:

Kinds of people who say bitcoin will fail on this forum:

1 - Traders / Shorters - Self-explanatory. They gotta do what they gotta do.
2 - Paid trolls / Bank shills - Prostitutes for banks, 'nuff said
3 - Alt-Crypto Developers - "Ripple, NEM, NXT!" Cute.

I might be missing a few categories, but that just about sums up the big three and not trusting anything they post.
designfail

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 11:17:06 PM

trust nobody
bitcoinsrus

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 11:52:53 PM

UglyTroll

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 12:06:06 AM

Paid trolls, that's very interest, if you believe this, then here is my story:

A government offers me 1 million US dollars to troll here, I told them fuck off, I'm not that cheap, at least 5 million to start. So eventually we made a deal: 3 million dollars, that's what I got, but I still feel it's not a good deal Grin

TERA

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 02:19:29 AM

You can't trust: Day-trading is zero sum game. Your win is somebody's loss, everybody is your competitor, all predictions are made to benefit predictors and therefore to harm you. Even is somebody gives correct call, it is just a bait, to gain your trust and to rob you later on.

You can trust: Bitcoin is different. In long term it's positive sum game, because it grows exponentially. We are all want bitcoin to succeed, we are collaborators here, rather than competitors, so you can trust long-term (and some mid-term) predictions. Only short-term predictions should not be trusted.
Stop spreading lies. Not all traders are on here to try to manipulate people. When I make a prediction, it is because I honestly believe it, and not for a personal gain. I do not even believe that I have the ability to effect the market.
zoinky

Activity: 811

Web Developer

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 02:40:46 AM

If you don't trust people would you trust the results of this poll?
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 02:44:19 AM

There's lots of opinions worthy of respect. Whether they're worth acting on is another matter.
Wary (OP)

Who's there?

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 04:05:22 AM

Stop spreading lies.
OMG! Have you noticed that the two above paragraph are incompatible? How did you explain this to yourself? I can see only two possible explanations:

1) I have split mentality aka schizophrenia. (Which is wrong. I have paranoia, evidence - my signature  Grin)
2) I've described options for voters to choose. Strange idea, isn't it?  Grin  (BTW, I myself have chosen the second option).

So take it easy. I have nothing against you and am glad that you are here. Of course, your texts should be taken with a grain of salt, just like everybody else's.

Wary (OP)

Who's there?

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 04:11:22 AM

If you don't trust people would you trust the results of this poll?
The poll is not for me, but for the community Smiley The ones that have chosen the second option will probably trust the poll results.

There's lots of opinions worthy of respect. Whether they're worth acting on is another matter.
Well said!

TrailingComet

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 04:15:29 AM

I don't trust anybody, it's the wild wild west out here

erono

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 04:24:05 AM

It is safer to place our trust in cryptography , mathematics and physics than in fallible or corruptible people or corporations than somebody on this forum.

JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4046
Merit: 4605

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 06:00:19 AM

It is safer to place our trust in cryptography , mathematics and physics

Spoken like a true "cultist".  Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Roll Eyes
Icardi09

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 01:25:01 PM

in speculation forum? trust no one, right, because thay are your ccompetitor for daily trading
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 05:54:38 PM

Trust - it's a word from a pre-bitcoin era. After bitcoin, you don't have to.

i am satoshi
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 06:57:15 PM

Do you trust somebody on this forum?
Can we trust you Wary, or should we remain wary?  Tongue

Seriously, long-term we are all Bullish, so you are correct there.
Short-term we are already down over 60%, so the correct move is to Buy, especially if you have deep pockets and can buy more under $400, then buy some now......trust me.

knightcoin

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Stand on the shoulders of giants

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 07:31:27 PM

Trust in yourself and good statistics data, it's all we have ...

"Vires in Numeris"  Wink

http://www.introversion.co.uk/
mit/x11 licence 18.x/16|o|3ffe ::71
mikerbiker6

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 05:50:43 PM

Paid trolls, that's very interest, if you believe this, then here is my story:

A government offers me 1 million US dollars to troll here, I told them fuck off, I'm not that cheap, at least 5 million to start. So eventually we made a deal: 3 million dollars, that's what I got, but I still feel it's not a good deal Grin

Paid trolls are on twitter. They have more influence there.

Participate and Earn on the Letstalkbitcoin forum letstalkbitcoin.com
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: