Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:32:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: One X on my Antminer S1! Someone please help!  (Read 1942 times)
TheLotusPod (OP)

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 06:31:24 AM

For some reason on one of my antminer S1's i have has a X instead of a O on the asic chain section and i cant seem to figure out why. It cant be a heat issue because that particular antminer is cooler then my other one because its in a different room. I am so confused and now the hash rate is a little lower and the HW is much higher then my other one ( im not sure what the HW section means )

Can someone please help me out, im very worried something is wrong and i want to get to the bottom of this before things maybe get worse

Any help would be greatly appreciated and i wouldn't mind tipping anyone for the help either

Thanks a bunch guys! Hopefully I get a reply soon

This lousy X is causing me so much frustration and i need to be a O again lol

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Gogreen

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 07:06:13 AM

Go the your miner browser look for system--> roboot. Click the reboot done.  Have a nice day.  If you know how to reinstall the firmware from s1 bitmain site that will be even better. X mostly is a bug

Bitcoin mining Antminer s7 4.7 TH Used in Good Condition Best Offer Prices @ ebay seller order directly here https://goo.gl/uaoh1r. Bitcoin payment optional.
allcoinminer

Activity: 784
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 10:52:24 AM

Go the your miner browser look for system--> roboot. Click the reboot done.  Have a nice day.  If you know how to reinstall the firmware from s1 bitmain site that will be even better. X mostly is a bug

Once I got the same problem. But the above solution not worked. Then I switched off the devices from PSU(PCI-E cables) and restarted after 10 minutes solved the issue.
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:02:25 PM

And sometimes it's just a bad chip. Relax, it's not the end of the world if you lose a chip or two.
kabopar

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:30:54 PM

Some of the Ants here had loose screws holding the printed circuit boards to the heatsinks.  Others had excessive amounts of thermal paste (and loose screws).  Get the right size Allen key, and gently check all those screws (in particular, the one at the center of the boards).  If you find any that are loose, tighten it to 'finger tightness', don't over-do it.  Tightening any loose screws will also 'squeeze' out some of the excessive thermal paste, which can be simply wiped away with some tissue paper. There is a single temperature sensor per blade, in the center, so if one of the printed-circuit boards that is far from the sensor was not attached properly (loose screw(s) and way too much thermal paste), the ASICS that suffer from over-heating due to poor thermal conduction may go into thermal shutdown or simply display excessive errors due to this 'local' high temperature which is not seen by the sensor that is too far from that area.

If this doesn't help:  Try swapping the power supply with one from the 'good' Ants - maybe there is marginal performance or current capacity.  The next thing to try is a different clock speed.  My impression is that every Ant is different, some 'like' higher clocks and some 'prefer' lower settings.  Try changing this in small steps, with at least 10 minutes before things settle down and you get a representative reading.  You should consider the hash rates, HW error % and power consumption, together with the X's.  Look at the overclocking thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=348327.40 or other guides for instructions how to change the S1's frequency settings.

Good luck
Gogreen

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:37:55 PM

There are many ways to solve the x problem. Oh yes pls check the heatsink screws, some of them is abit loose.

Bitcoin mining Antminer s7 4.7 TH Used in Good Condition Best Offer Prices @ ebay seller order directly here https://goo.gl/uaoh1r. Bitcoin payment optional.
TheLotusPod (OP)

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 07:47:25 PM

Looks like the problem was my power supply. i was using two old shotty PSU units in order to power the rig and now i switched those out with a 750w thermaltake and its got no more x's Smiley

Thanks so much guys! so helpful!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: