Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 06:25:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Quark goes console!  (Read 2031 times)
Netnox (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 12:12:14 AM
Last edit: May 06, 2014, 10:03:10 AM by Netnox

A huge breakthrough for Quark and Crypto. Together with quarks assist, ShaqFu managed to reach their goal of $450k.

Quark will be featured in one of the promising games ShaqFu A Legend Reborn with quark items and in-game payments for pc, wii, xbox 360, xbox one, ps3 and ps4!

Trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfEqhmkatog

Behind the scenes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfLuPc6bOGE/color

reRaise

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 12:35:07 AM

Well done guys, IGN and other video games sites should mention this or even Shaq himself.
activebiz

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 02:45:30 AM

Really great news for quark and cryptos

Netnox (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 08:31:17 AM

Well done guys, IGN and other video games sites should mention this or even Shaq himself.

This might happen just happen :    )
Mjbmonetarymetals
Legendary

Activity: 1096
Merit: 1067

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 08:41:58 AM

Nice work !

Bitrated user: Mick.
reRaise

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 12:41:58 PM

The Shaq fu game going to consoles is great, I'm not sure people understand how big a deal this is. The best thing that can happen is this, I'll try to spell it out. I'll buy the game on Playstation 3 for example, and I'll do so on the Playstation Store, and download it digitally. Now I want to buy some Quark to use in game. Wouldn't it be likely that the option to BUY QUARK is on THE PLAYSTATION STORE itself as Downloadable content for the game? Now let's say the game itself allows you to send excess Quark to a wallet address. Congratulations, you are now buying Quark with a credit card on a secure online platform accessed through your TV, and sending it to your wallet.
This would be amazing
Orrechorre

Activity: 569
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 02:07:04 PM

Awesome Grin
RockHound

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 03:04:03 PM

My friend said something was going on with QRK so found this thread.

Bought QRK back in the day and have a shitload of them, moved out of Alt market since 2014, mainly dealing in BTC/USD/GBP/EUR for now.

So regarding QRK found this short video explaining what the Quark Development team have actually done:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9lrsw2Hcd8

Hope QRK will have it's day again, but honestly don't believe it will.

My video summation:

+Microsoft Inc and subsidiaries do not accept QRK for any payments.

+Integration of QRK QT only allows for in-game (only "Big Deezs Productions" games merchandise).

+QRK confirmation speed is a non-issue. There's seems to be a misconception regarding BTC speed. Most of my BTC transactions only take 2-8 secs, it can not be reversed after 1st confirmation. Longer delays are due to Third party services like exchanges who wait for (x)confirmations/manual processing.

mcphervi

Activity: 359

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 04:14:30 PM

Bought QRK back in the day and have a shitload of them, moved out of Alt market since 2014, mainly dealing in BTC/USD/GBP/EUR for now.

So regarding QRK found this short video explaining what the Quark Development team have actually done:

My video summation:

+Integration of QRK QT only allows for in-game (only "Big Deezs Productions" games merchandise).

+QRK confirmation speed is a non-issue. There's seems to be a misconception regarding BTC speed. Most of my BTC transactions only take 2-8 secs, it can not be reversed after 1st confirmation. Longer delays are due to Third party services like exchanges who wait for (x)confirmations/manual processing.

Hi Rockhound - thanks for commenting. Yes, it is for DLC content and in-game purchases only, not integrated into Microsoft - never stated otherwise. This is a major win for Quark because it will expose many gamers to Quark and the crypto scene, and could open the gate to additional integration as Quark gains footing in this sector.

I'm not sure how your BTC transactions take only 2-8 seconds, as this would be dependent on blocktime as I understand it, and this chart shows that this average time is 5-10 minutes:
http://blockchain.info/charts/avg-confirmation-time

Now, if you are going through a payment provider, then sure, you could argue that since they often use internal accounting to keep track of transactions then shift around the BTC, that transactions are in seconds. However, this is independent of the blockchain, and in my opinion somewhat counteracts the decentralized nature of cryptocurrencies. That said, certainly it may well be that we'll end up figuring the best way to have them accept Quark is through a payment provider - however, the fast transaction time might allow us to not have to link customers to individual accounts and instead just have them send Quark to the payment provider to process - we'll have to see.
mcphervi

Activity: 359

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 04:17:51 PM

The Shaq fu game going to consoles is great, I'm not sure people understand how big a deal this is. The best thing that can happen is this, I'll try to spell it out. I'll buy the game on Playstation 3 for example, and I'll do so on the Playstation Store, and download it digitally. Now I want to buy some Quark to use in game. Wouldn't it be likely that the option to BUY QUARK is on THE PLAYSTATION STORE itself as Downloadable content for the game? Now let's say the game itself allows you to send excess Quark to a wallet address. Congratulations, you are now buying Quark with a credit card on a secure online platform accessed through your TV, and sending it to your wallet.
This would be amazing

I don't anticipate that Quark will be integrated into the Playstation store. We will work with them over the next while to come up with the exact way we will integrate the payment system - may require workarounds, etc but it'll be interesting to see how it evolves!
RockHound

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 04:32:30 AM

My video summation:

Hi Rockhound - thanks for commenting. Yes, it is for DLC content and in-game purchases only, not integrated into Microsoft - never stated otherwise. This is a major win for Quark because it will expose many gamers to Quark and the crypto scene, and could open the gate to additional integration as Quark gains footing in this sector.

I'm not sure how your BTC transactions take only 2-8 seconds, as this would be dependent on blocktime as I understand it, and this chart shows that this average time is 5-10 minutes:
http://blockchain.info/charts/avg-confirmation-time

Now, if you are going through a payment provider, then sure, you could argue that since they often use internal accounting to keep track of transactions then shift around the BTC, that transactions are in seconds. However, this is independent of the blockchain, and in my opinion somewhat counteracts the decentralized nature of cryptocurrencies. That said, certainly it may well be that we'll end up figuring the best way to have them accept Quark is through a payment provider - however, the fast transaction time might allow us to not have to link customers to individual accounts and instead just have them send Quark to the payment provider to process - we'll have to see.

I think what you are doing with Quark Development team is admirable and hope other businesses in your space will be interested integrating your model. The efficiency and cost effectiveness compared to traditional PCI DSS processors is sound.

re: 2-8sec BTC works great for me as once I see the incoming transaction I can release escrow for my clients, as non-reversible. But you are right, I can not actually spend the incoming funds until cleared on blockchain 5-10 minutes.

quarkfx

Activity: 396

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 10:53:02 AM

@RockHound

I heard some merchants saying that they even accept 0 confirmation payments and never experienced a double spend. Especially when it comes to smaller sums I think that approach is fine and it´s cool that the merchants trust their clients. However, the fact that it works out fine is also due to the state of the userbase which is well integrated and has a very low interest in deceiving the system. Once Bitcoin becomes mainstream other users will educate themselves about loopholes and try to exploit them. While Quark has its own current issues I believe the speed to be a real advantage over slower coins like Bitcoins because it doesn´t make you dependent on payment processors to pay in store.

I think the main thing about Quark being in the game will be the exposure to cryptocurrencies and our future collaboration with the gaming scene. We are currently working to get Quark integrated in other games to make Quark long-term valuable. It´s cool to see how things worked out in the last months. Expect more to come Wink
lewentkurt

Activity: 218

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 01:57:40 PM

I made money from its until this time, I love Quark. I think it will become widespread thanks to speedy in the future.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: