Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 11:20:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: thinking about buying 5k in bitcoin  (Read 8572 times)
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 05:27:34 AM

I'd reccomend waiting for confirmed mid-trend reversal, or you could use a phased buy-in strategy where you buy in $250 per week for the next 20 weeks. Coinbase has some feature to do something like that I think.

I'm curious, what price was BTC at when your charts confirmed the trend reversal?
....or are we still not there yet?

Paashaas
Legendary

Activity: 3454
Merit: 4425

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 05:57:05 AM

Buy now, after the next bull run we will never see below $1k anymore.
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 06:24:38 AM

I think the OP is too late now. He will be fighting for 2100 satoshi 2 years from now Grin

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
HurricanOday (OP)

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

Mining. Hosting. Cloud Mining.

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 06:58:57 AM

I think the OP is too late now. He will be fighting for 2100 satoshi 2 years from now Grin

Not sure what you mean, what am I am to late for? I already have 5.14 coins that I bought at/under 450 and it is up to 530. Not sure where else I can make that kind of return on investment this fast. Even if I buy at 530 and it goes up, nothing beats the return. (at least to my knowledge)

[   eGOLD  M I N I N G   ]    Mining. Hosting. Cloud Mining.
                                INVEST NOW                               
❪❪ WP | How it Works ❫❫   ◾ telegram  ◾ facebook  ◾ twitter
blatchcorn

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 07:01:16 AM

Not sure what you mean, what am I am to late for? I already have 5.14 coins that I bought at/under 450 and it is up to 530. Not sure where else I can make that kind of return on investment this fast. Even if I buy at 530 and it goes up, nothing beats the return. (at least to my knowledge)
You can buy Ripple  Grin
picolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 02:13:25 PM

Having some bitcoins and some precious metals is a good edge against hard economic times
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 5069

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 02:22:13 PM

Awesome job, man. I don't think you could of timed your entry point much better this year.  Enjoy the ride!
LOADING.READY.RUN

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 04:00:06 PM

put up some  mini wall 100btc  when ppl sell and let them sell right into your wall..

make a stair down to 400 ish with those 100btc mini walls..   
[...]

LOL wonkytonky Cheesy  He wants to invest 5k USD, not buy 5k BTC Wink
jamesc760

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 04:49:25 PM

And to think that I was called a used car salesman for telling the OP to buy now when he posted the thread.

OP could have gone all-in. Instead he chose to listen to the noobs and bears.

$400/btc won't come back for most of us; there may be a flash crash for a chosen few. Self-fulfilling prophecy or not, this summer will bring a major bubble, solidly putting the rocket up to the $5000 range. It will crash down to $2500.
negafen

Activity: 218
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 06:14:02 PM

What value do you see that will be added between now and Summer that will push the price so high?
Benjig

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 06:18:51 PM

What value do you see that will be added between now and Summer that will push the price so high?

The mit students will take place on atumm, that can be the trigger for a new bubble that can take the price up to 5000, but the rest of this month i dont think it will be worth more than 600
Alley
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 09:19:00 PM

Only thing that could cause another massive bubble is the winklevoss ETF causing a domino effect in wallstreet causing hundreds of companies to take a posistion in btc.  Otherwise we will just see small consistent growth as adoption grows.
21pilot

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 10:31:42 PM

The mit students will take place on atumm, that can be the trigger for a new bubble that can take the price up to 5000, but the rest of this month i dont think it will be worth more than 600

majority of MIT students will sell their BTC immediately and convert their earnings into pizza & beer  Grin
(nevertheless an interesting experiment, which generates media attention for BTC)
Jcw188

Activity: 546

Carpe Diem

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 01:45:44 AM

The MIT news is cool and could help in the long run but I tend to think most will sell for some fun times on the weekend. I mean they're only freshmen what do care about making a big change in the world? 

The BTC ETF, if successful, could be a game changer as it allows the average joe to profit from BTC without having to use shady exchanges.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
picolo

Activity: 1022

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 08:06:43 PM

Perception on Bitcoin will change when the world of finance will change
Skele

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

VocalPlatform.com

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 09:04:32 PM

In fact i think $600-$800 its like the $80 on 2013, some people were thinking it was on "price" while it was extremely cheap.

And yes, OP will probably will start buying when 1000 satoshis = 1 usd.
Torque
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 09:36:00 PM

Value?  Bitcoin had all the value it really needed by 2011.  What will push the price up from here is simply exponential growth.
HurricanOday (OP)

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

Mining. Hosting. Cloud Mining.

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 11:18:09 PM

And to think that I was called a used car salesman for telling the OP to buy now when he posted the thread.

$400/btc won't come back for most of us; there may be a flash crash for a chosen few. Self-fulfilling prophecy or not, this summer will bring a major bubble, solidly putting the rocket up to the $5000 range. It will crash down to $2500.

I def considered your opinion when I bought some coins, I feel everyone has given me great advice. Obviously I regret not going all in when it was 350-450 but I was concerned with it dropping down and then I go belly up haha. Had I known that it was gonna go close to 600 I would have bought in more but the piece of mind is also worth something. I am now up to 7 coins with 5 bought around 420-460 and then I bought 2 more yesterday when the price fell to 550 (now back up to 570-80)

So if your prediction is right over 1k up to 5k I will still be making a nice chunk of change and I'm feeling pretty solid with the money I spent on my 7.14 coins. If it tanks I will still be eating.

If anyone can give me a guarantee I will put 20k in bitcoin  Wink thanks for all the tips/opinions. Really helped me with my first post and with bitcoin investing in general

[   eGOLD  M I N I N G   ]    Mining. Hosting. Cloud Mining.
                                INVEST NOW                               
❪❪ WP | How it Works ❫❫   ◾ telegram  ◾ facebook  ◾ twitter
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 12:43:43 AM

So if your prediction is right over 1k up to 5k I will still be making a nice chunk of change and I'm feeling pretty solid with the money I spent on my 7.14 coins. If it tanks I will still be eating.

Just remember, when it does tank, it's a temporary situtation. Don't panic sell for some pizza.

Buy & Hold
Torque
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 12:47:28 AM

I def considered your opinion when I bought some coins, I feel everyone has given me great advice. Obviously I regret not going all in when it was 350-450 but I was concerned with it dropping down and then I go belly up haha. Had I known that it was gonna go close to 600 I would have bought in more but the piece of mind is also worth something. I am now up to 7 coins with 5 bought around 420-460 and then I bought 2 more yesterday when the price fell to 550 (now back up to 570-80)

If anyone can give me a guarantee I will put 20k in bitcoin  Wink thanks for all the tips/opinions. Really helped me with my first post and with bitcoin investing in general

I can give you this guarantee: you are buying at the lowest point of the year.  I envy your entry position.  I seriously doubt we'll see lower than this.  But on downswings don't panic, keep holding.  And plan on a 1-2 year hold.  Because chances are that just about the time you are thinking about selling for whatever reason, it'll go parabolic.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: