Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:38:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I am trying to SOLO cpu mine fastcoins, can't get the miner going.  (Read 624 times)
timk225 (OP)

Activity: 955
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 04:59:13 AM

http://www.fastcoin.ca/getting-started.html

There's the site, I made a fastcoin.conf file and put it in with the Fastcoin wallet files in the Roaming folder.

I have done pooled GPU mining many times and have the system figured all out, but I wanted to try solo cpu mining Fastcoin just to do it for a bit.  The computer is running 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

The instructions on that site seem to be complete, but my cgminer 3.3.0 won't start up on it.  With this alternate way of making the config file, cgminer asks me for an IP address, then a user name, then a password, then after that it can't get started.  I tried a few different IPs from the config file and none worked.

Any ideas?  Any CLEAR instructions?  If someone starts with "make the config file and add the ip address and put it in the batch file", it'll be easy for me to get it confused.

Thanks.

Prolifik

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 05:03:07 AM

I believe the IP you need to connect to is 127.0.0.1:9527

and you may want to change this one line in the config file.

rpcallowip=10.1.1.*

to

rpcallowip=*.*.*.*

timk225 (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 05:53:03 AM

The Fastcoin wallets' blockchain isn't fully downloaded yet, could that be a problem?  I read on the site that the wallet had to be open for mining to work and it is open but it's still downloading.
groggin
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 06:21:52 AM

I believe the IP you need to connect to is 127.0.0.1:9527

and you may want to change this one line in the config file.

rpcallowip=10.1.1.*

to

rpcallowip=*.*.*.*

need to point out: you may not want to do that. *security risk*

loose the sword that is your pen or tongue [or bittorrent enabled computer] and help fight the so-called new world order   it is the enemy of humanity[/b][/url]  |  Sign-up @ Aurovine to get FREE HD music ... and coins!| |
timk225 (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 06:41:51 AM

It's just a mining pc with nothing else on it, so I am not worried about security on it.
MisterGreen

Activity: 285
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 06:53:21 AM

The blockchain must be downloaded completely before you can start to solo mine.

The username and password are the rpcuser and rpcpassword of the conf file.
As rpcallowip use 127.0.0.1 any other IP depends on your local network settings so this would be the easiest solution.
IsabellaA

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 07:03:52 AM

You set the fastcoin. Conf file, need to open the purse to update.

Wallet after the update, you'll begin to solo
timk225 (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 03:43:48 PM
Last edit: May 06, 2014, 04:06:22 PM by timk225

I kind of made some progress.  Now cgminer will open and start to go, until 5 seconds later when it comes back with "No suitable long-poll found for http://localhost:9527".

What does that mean?  It is not seeing the addresses in the http://www.fastcoin.ca/getting-started.html supplied config file, which are in their own .conf file now in the Roaming / Fastcoin folder where they should be?

I guess it's possible that those IP addresses are no longer valid.

This isn't something I HAVE to do, I just wanted to see a CPU miner going to work on a coin by itself, I could easily join my 9 GPUs to a fastcoin pool with no problem.

I'm thinking back to early 2009 when Bitcoin began, and there was next to no support, and you had to hack everything into working on your own pretty much.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: