Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 01:52:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: National Russian card payment system established  (Read 1491 times)
bryant.coleman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 06:46:24 AM

http://rt.com/business/156912-russian-putin-card-payment

Not related to Bitcoin, but this move is a very serious blow to the Master / Visa. The American credit card companies will lose billions of $$$ in revenue from Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan.

National Russian card payment system established

Russian President Vladimir Putin signed into law the establishment of a national Russian card payment system on Monday. The NSPK (National Card Payment) system will ensure the smooth operation of electronic payments across Russia. Both Visa and MasterCard blocked specific US-sanctioned Russian banks from using their payment systems in March amid the crisis in Ukraine, prompting sharp criticism for blocking bank operations.
BasilHawkins

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 02:30:09 PM

They should have done this years ago like china does.
bryant.coleman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 02:32:42 PM

They should have done this years ago like china does.

Better late than never.

I am not a fan of this new system, but it will negatively affect some of our worst enemies.  Grin
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 03:19:20 PM

Sounds awkward, creating a Russia based payment network. Visitors to Russia will have to find some apolitical, universal payment network that is difficult to block...

Vires in numeris
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 03:23:07 PM

Sounds awkward, creating a Russia based payment network. Visitors to Russia will have to find some apolitical, universal payment network that is difficult to block...

Bitcoin?  Grin
serejandmyself

Activity: 1203
Merit: 508

Manager of looking busy #citizencosmos

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 05:29:05 PM

Would be better if we chose bitcoin  Grin

Game of Links

cyber~license©
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1359

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 05:49:01 PM

Bitcoin is incapable with such transaction rate. There are no decentralized cryptocurrencies which would be able to work as national payment system. Too many scalability issues there waiting for a solution before it will be possible.
umair127

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 06:13:00 PM

Not related to Bitcoin, but this move is a very serious blow to the Master / Visa. The American credit card companies will lose billions of $$$ in revenue from Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan.

Russian President Vladimir Putin signed into law the establishment of a national Russian card payment system on Monday. The NSPK (National Card Payment) system will ensure the smooth operation of electronic payments across Russia. Both Visa and MasterCard blocked specific US-sanctioned Russian banks from using their payment systems in March amid the crisis in Ukraine, prompting sharp criticism for blocking bank operations.

Russia had to choose this over bitcoin, I guess they fear it so bad, they decided to make there own system.  Well is to bad cause its only gonna benefit but hes clearly not thinking about his people. must be alot of money involved in this

sana8410

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 06:46:03 PM

The West tries to strangle Russia with sanctions and Russia just stops buying western stuff and setting up its own payment systems. Superb! This is what I love about the Russians - no messing around!

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
Stalinist

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 07:20:23 PM

Is there any admins? Our organsation raises funds to buy humanitarian aid for eastern Ukraine and Odessa. Please contact me, i want to ask permission to post our contacts and financial info at this forum.
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1359

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 07:27:43 PM

Slavjansk should be on the first place, it's in blockade now.
Stalinist

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 08:00:42 PM

Yes, it is. Our funding goes through Donetsk, center of resistance, and they distribute it according to their immideate needs
Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 08:08:09 PM

Yes, it is. Our funding goes through Donetsk, center of resistance, and they distribute it according to their immideate needs

I don't think anyone would mind you publishing donation information in a new thread.
However, you should also provide solid documentation of you activity, or standard scam suspicions would apply.

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
Stalinist

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 08:32:10 PM

I don't think anyone would mind you publishing donation information in a new thread.
However, you should also provide solid documentation of you activity, or standard scam suspicions would apply.

I understand your concern. There will be not just BTC and LTC wallets but standard bank trasfer information as so as website of our organisation will all contacs. I will also provide my personal data and my soc network page. For those who wish i can talk on telephone or zello channel. Soon i will make post but still it would be great to have positive call from moderators.
bryant.coleman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 03:14:18 AM

Russia demands $3.8bn security deposit from Visa and Mastercard

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/may/06/russia-security-deposit-visa-mastercard-sanctions-ukraine

International credit card companies face a "severe impact" on their operations in Russia following a strict new law Moscow has adopted in response to Visa and Mastercard freezing service to banks under US sanctions. Visa described the regulations as "unprecedented" and Mastercard said it could experience difficulties, the Russian magazine Snob reported, after Vladimir Putin signed a law on Monday to create a rival national payment system.
bryant.coleman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 01:20:07 PM

Another shot in the arm for the new payment system:

Russia’s VTB and Bank of China agree on domestic currency settlements

http://rt.com/business/160124-vtb-bank-china-currencies
fatty_but_happy

Activity: 54

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 02:15:23 PM

IMO, Russia had made the right decision to adopt a national card payment system. It's better late than never.
bryant.coleman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 02:44:40 PM

IMO, Russia had made the right decision to adopt a national card payment system. It's better late than never.

Every single nation should be having its own national payment system. Why depend on the thieves of Visa / Master, when we can have much better and less exploitative options?
mladen00
Legendary

Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013

K-ing®

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 10:42:32 AM

USA leadership thinks that Putin and his team are stupid.

You can fool Russian's (Putin/Medvedev) once (Lybia......)

but you can't full them twice (Syria, Ukraine).

Now no more Visa&Master, year from now no more USD.....

IOTA
mladen00
Legendary

Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013

K-ing®

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 10:47:56 AM

Every single nation should be having its own national payment system. Why depend on the thieves of Visa / Master, when we can have much better and less exploitative options?

+1

but 90% off all countries leaders can't say no to USA

I'm from Croatia, and our foreign policy is made by USA embassy in Zagreb

IOTA
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: