Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:53:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Solo Mining question  (Read 476 times)
Beachguy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001

Spectreproject Community Manager

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 01:40:31 PM

Have searched this and haven't found a clear answer.

I'm mining an alt coin (lets call it coin A) solo with the instructions found here and having success.
I'm using CGMiner and using the wallet as the server. Lack of a better description mining "through" the wallet.

My question is I own another coin (Coin B) that's closed for POW, is currently POS and  stakes by the wallet.
Seems like when I  have wallet for coin B open so it will stake, I get no blocks on the miner.
I open it after the mining has started.

Is wallet B interfering with the mining of coin A? Or is it just solo mining luck?

Thanks for any answers.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 02:20:34 PM

Have searched this and haven't found a clear answer.

I'm mining an alt coin (lets call it coin A) solo with the instructions found here and having success.
I'm using CGMiner and using the wallet as the server. Lack of a better description mining "through" the wallet.

My question is I own another coin (Coin B) that's closed for POW, is currently POS and  stakes by the wallet.
Seems like when I  have wallet for coin B open so it will stake, I get no blocks on the miner.
I open it after the mining has started.

Is wallet B interfering with the mining of coin A? Or is it just solo mining luck?

Thanks for any answers.
depends... if coin A and B have same rpcport, that could be a problem (see conf file and change it... actually if it is pos, use a value you will never use)

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: