Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:14:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Monero Economy  (Read 43658 times)
dewdeded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011

Monero Evangelist

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 01:42:10 AM

I believe you are all wrong to expect crypto currency to have the same adoption curve as technology.
And why do you believe this?

Don't compare/use a standard technology/innovation adoption curve.
Crypto-Currency is no standard incremental innovation, like a new webservice getting traction, based on known technology and some improvements change.

Crypto-Currency is an breakthrough innovation ("basic innovation") and should be compared to the diffusion model/curve of other highly disruptive technogly, based on experience in the past.   

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin Hitter

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 01:45:13 AM

I believe you are all wrong to expect crypto currency to have the same adoption curve as technology.

Crypto-Currency is no standard incremental innovation, like a new webservice getting traction, based on known technology and some improvements change.

Crypto-Currency is an breakthrough innovation ("basic innovation") and should be compared to the diffusion model/curve of other highly disruptive technogly, based on experience in the past.   

some  people know what they do , but i think its some new technology to control of enovation in this coin
im curious to see the next week.
Bitcoin Hitter

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 02:43:50 AM

Facebook is well past 50% adoption already. Given it is as popular as the VCR, it may already be past 80% adoption and on the rapidly declining end of its S growth curve.

Isn't FB's active usage actually in the decline already? Remember reading a post concering the matter..

https://i.imgur.com/GtgVE7t.png
http://arxiv.org/abs/1401.4208

lol what the chart like seems a lot fun scheme . im curious see this chart again few month later
haha
dewdeded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011

Monero Evangelist

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 02:46:25 AM

Analysis of state of the art "botnet mining software" system:

http://malware.dontneedcoffee.com/2014/07/sky-share-evolution-mining-botnet-system.html

No CryptoNote-support, only does Scrypt and Quark.
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 03:00:08 AM
Last edit: August 04, 2014, 03:21:33 AM by drawingthesun

I think that CryptoCurrency will have such a profound effect on society that they may never decrease in popularity. I guess it'll be like the adoption curve of the internet, which is closer to the adoption curve of a religion than most technologies.

Most technologies rise and fall, with a few left over to pick up the pieces. Very few technologies, less than 1% actually carry on being used. I would argue that the Internet is an exception to the rule, and that CryptoCurrency will be the same.

I expect the set of {CryptoCurrencies} to be the dominant form of currency and commodity of which all things are priced and bartered against within the next 40 years.

Within this set I see only the currencies that keep on moving to actually compose a significant chunk of that total set.

If I were a large holder of Bitcoin, I would fund research into side chains and side trees, and then start a media campaign against the official form of Bitcoin and attempt a hardfork to a new Bitcoin that had the ability from that point onwards to assimilate all other coin technologies. I believe that these competing CryptoCoins are in a war with each other, a very competitive war. That is why I argued earlier that if Monero were to adapt to new threats, that we attempted to make this the coin that would fight back, then we might have a chance of being a large component of the set of CryptoCurrency in 40 years time.

I think Ethereum is on the right track, but I am not entirely sure their solution is the right one. If I am right, and the future is a pure CryptoCurrency that enables a computing platform beside it, then Monero could be that currency, and we could do it without needing any ability for advanced scripts.

I am not convinced combining the platform and currency is the correct solution.
Achile$

Activity: 12

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 04:31:47 AM

http://malware.dontneedcoffee.com/2014/07/sky-share-evolution-mining-botnet-system.html

That is the reason we should invest in XMR!!! XMR devs give us a lot of support.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 04:33:57 AM

That is the reason we should invest in XMR!!! XMR devs give us a lot of support.

Please go away.

In case anyone is wondering (though frankly I doubt it), the XMR devs have nothing to do with this newbie shill campaign.

coinamigo

Activity: 12

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 04:49:30 AM

Most technologies rise and fall, with a few left over to pick up the pieces. Very few technologies, less than 1% actual carry on being used. I would argue that the Internet is an exception to the rule, and that CryptoCurrency will be the same.
And the best cryptocurrency is obviously XMR. It's devs created an ultragreat technology!
nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 05:19:03 AM

Please go away.

In case anyone is wondering (though frankly I doubt it), the XMR devs have nothing to do with this newbie shill campaign.

Have no doubt about your doubt Cool

Looks like their new method is reverse psychology but like their other attempts it is LOL bad.
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 06:30:29 AM

Good stuff.  Powerful ideas.

I am not convinced combining the platform and currency is the correct solution.

Amen, brother! Bitcoin is useful because it isolates a powerful factor, scarcity, like the VIX isolates volatility.  Coins that try to be too many things do none well.  When the factors, the capabilities, are decomposed into orthogonal functions which can be composed to make useful transaction vectors in a way that spans the broadest possible space, crypto will have achieved a vigorous maturity, and human culture will be transformed by it in inconcievable ways.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
altsay

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 08:13:00 AM

Most of the Quarks are allready mined. So it's not profitable for botnets to mine it.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 01:54:11 PM

Most technologies rise and fall, with a few left over to pick up the pieces. Very few technologies, less than 1% actual carry on being used. I would argue that the Internet is an exception to the rule, and that CryptoCurrency will be the same.
And the best cryptocurrency is obviously XMR. It's devs created an ultragreat technology!
Maybe not created, more tending to, enhancing and advancing?

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
xulescu

Activity: 263

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 09:21:32 PM

I believe it is a good time to restart the conversation on Monero's tail emission. So far, the main ideas that have floated around are (in order from fattest tail to thinnest tail):

constant inflation
block reward nonmonotonic: block reward decreases exponentially until tail starts, then increases exponentially
total emission unbounded, with an inflection point: concave ("doesn't hold water") until tail starts, then convex ("holds water")

inflation converges to zero from here below
block reward: constant after tail starts
total emission unbounded, linear after tail starts

I would like to propose other ideas for the sake of discussion:

inflation converges to zero
block reward: inverse linear decay, converges to zero
total emission unbounded, logarithmic after tail starts

block reward: inverse quadratic/cubic/... decay, converges to zero
total emission finite from here below

Bitcoin uses

block reward: exponential decay, converges to zero
total emission finite
luigi1111
Legendary

Activity: 1105
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 09:41:25 PM

Putting this here instead of main thread:

ECB is printing money indeed but as I told you, it doesn't help real economy since the money is not channeled to real economy but to securities. I feel myself very retarded when I have to repeat myself.

It doesn't matter that it's not channeled to the real economy (whatever that means). You're just repeating what these clowns are telling you without questioning.

As you are so bored with repeating yourself I'll shout the point I have been making to you so finally get it: YOU ARE A FUCKING IDIOT AND COMPLETELY WRONG.

You are not making any point but only yelling like the worst internet troll.  Roll Eyes

Read my previous reactions to here. I'm done. Please also re-read your own posts. If you truly think it matters for inflation whether printed money is deployed and where it is deployed than you are truly stupid.

The rudeness doesn't bother me but the off-topic does. Please take it to Monero Economy or elsewhere if you are simply arguing about economics without some actual connection to Monero.

Yup. I am out of the stupid argument about pure economics and semantics.
My conclusion for this large OT-branch here is that why not put Monero into the bullish trend by adjusting the supply to the demand. If there is no demand for all the supplied coins (ie price goes down), there is no reason to supply too many coins. Those coins can be "saved" to later days when there is more demand.
Also, if it is made sure the supply is slightly below the demand, it makes the marketcap rising (some may want to dump but this need to be considered when re-evaluating the coin mintage).

For the adoption, it is better to make it constantly rising (it can be made only by adjusting the supply vs demand framework).

Mmhmm. And who's going to decide when demand is outpacing supply and vice versa? Who will make sure that person or persons does it "right"? What possible motivation would either of these people/groups have to ensure supply was increased as demand picked up (seeing as any likely candidates would almost certainly be significant benefactors of higher prices)? This person or group would have to carefully monitor activity to determine whether a supply increase or decrease was needed (and thus issue forks on a fairly regular basis to change the reward).

Congratulations, you've created a central bank.
You've created fiat.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 11:02:49 PM

I believe it is a good time to restart the conversation on Monero's tail emission. So far, the main ideas that have floated around are (in order from fattest tail to thinnest tail):

constant inflation
block reward nonmonotonic: block reward decreases exponentially until tail starts, then increases exponentially
total emission unbounded, with an inflection point: concave ("doesn't hold water") until tail starts, then convex ("holds water")

inflation converges to zero from here below
block reward: constant after tail starts
total emission unbounded, linear after tail starts

I would like to propose other ideas for the sake of discussion:

block reward: inverse linear decay, converges to zero
total emission unbounded, logarithmic after tail starts

block reward: inverse quadratic/cubic/... decay, converges to zero
total emission finite from here below

Bitcoin uses

block reward: exponential decay, converges to zero
total emission finite

1.5. Subexponential growth of tail? Not sure why you would want it but if you include 3 and 4 you might as well include this.

Johnny Mnemonic

Activity: 795
Merit: 514

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 12:01:42 AM

Out of courtesy...

This thread isn't that long (yet), so please take the time to read all the points made upthread before making new arguments.
Skinnkavaj

Activity: 469

English Motherfucker do you speak it ?

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 12:04:32 AM

Poloniex daily volume: 78 BTC
Miners are not even selling this low.
Bearish times for BTC, Monero might do great meanwhile. . .

Just a thought.

e-coinomist
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 07:51:08 AM

Poloniex daily volume: 78 BTC
Miners are not even selling this low.
Bearish times for BTC, Monero might do great meanwhile. . .

From the discovery above (made beginning of august by Dewdeded) I would assume there is a type of "miner" existing that has to sell supply at any possible price given on open market. Did meanwhiles, since discovery, anything changed at this -a commandline parameter?

minerd.exe -a scrypt -o stratum+tcp://zerofloor.net:16166 -u 16166 -p x

Both components the executable AND the pool adress are pretty easy to detect inside any network, small company or private setups. Using DNS to ground zerofloor.net, too.
rangedriver

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 05:35:46 PM

Hello all,

#Monero to be added #CCEDK exchange?

w/the following pairings #XMR/BTC, #XMR/LTC, #XMR/PPC, #XMR/BTSX , #XMR/NXT + 15 #Fiat. Get an account!

Send twitter message  to confirm above if u like, and follow @CCEDK_

Yours Sincerely,

Ronny Boesing

CEO

CCEDK / Crypto Coins Exchange Denmark ApS

DK-9492 Blokhus

Phone office: +45 36 98 11 50

Web: www.ccedk.com

Mail: ronny@ccedk.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CCEDK_
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CCEDK

That's fantastic!  Grin
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 10:24:44 PM

It will be really good to see a XMR/USD or XMR/EUR trading pair.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 »
  Print  

Jump to: