Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:57:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoinponzi — the first open Bitcoin Ponzi scheme for fun!  (Read 2663 times)
bitcoinponzi (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2011, 10:38:57 AM

Hello everyone, my Name is Wadim and i am a student from the Eastern Europe.

Today i launched bitcoinponzi (http://bitcoinponzi.weebly.com) with the aim of profiting from a typical Ponzi scheme! I hope you won't take it to serious and i will be further developing my scheme but right now i need 10 investors to close the A-round. So, you are welcome and i even consider to almost promise a return for your investment!

(the fact is, that i need some money and this spontaneous idea looked like a fit. I'm aware of the other Ponzi schemes for Bitcoin but mine is, in fact, more awesome and, ehmmm, community-driven! That's right, you can suggest a path where all of this could be going!)

Thank you for your time and let my Bitcoin Wallet gain some value! Roll Eyes

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitcoinponzi (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2011, 10:45:39 AM

Yeah, and i need a person to improve the copy of the site for 5% of the first 2 rounds pool. Just contact me at: bitcoinponzi@gmail.com
deadlizard

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 17, 2011, 11:14:05 AM

We already have a bitcoin ponzi scheme started by a trusted member.
I doubt the community would trust someone with only 2 posts.

btc address:1MEyKbVbmMVzVxLdLmt4Zf1SZHFgj56aqg
gpg fingerprint:DD1AB28F8043D0837C86A4CA7D6367953C6FE9DC

Alex Beckenham

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2011, 11:43:34 AM

the first open 'non-fraudulent' scheme ever

Are you calling mine fraudulent? Smiley Read the FAQ, it does exactly what it says it does.

idev

Activity: 859
Merit: 1004

BTC OG and designer of the BitcoinMarket.com logo

View Profile
April 17, 2011, 12:03:43 PM

Are you calling mine fraudulent? Smiley Read the FAQ, it does exactly what it says it does.

I think its more of a sale pitch.
bitcoinponzi (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2011, 12:58:24 PM

Hey everyone,

first of all, thank you for your replies! To clarify one thing: yes, i am an absolute beginner to Bitcoin and Bitcoinponzi is an before-bed idea which came into my mind to me yesterday. I am not hoping for a big profit, just for some fun organising a scheme and not insulting everyone (the professional 'Schemers', if you may let refer to you by this title) by my Copy nor by the Scheme itself.

And, IRL, not everyone becomes an Entrepreneur by building social reputation before starting up, so just let me try it out without further developing myself into other areas of Bitcoinm by gaining credibility (i have some other scenarios in my had around Bitcoin i want to try out in the future, but for now it's just the Bitcoinponzi).

Also, as you may notice, i'm not referring to my trustworthy, i am just experimenting by asking for some money for myself and offering a chance (!) to receive some profit. I am also asking everyone to look at it as fun, not as any kind of an ambitious business. Smiley

Hope you enjoy your day!
Wadim
BitLex

Activity: 532
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 17, 2011, 05:26:11 PM

maybe he's calling mine fraudulent,
but then again, i'm not taking a cut to "..gain the ability to finance [my] day-to-day needs", 100% of all investments go back to my users.

bitcoinponzi (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2011, 09:13:11 PM

I'm not calling any ones scheme fraudulent, it's just a way of differentiating myself from the typical Ponzi schemes IRL, kind of an disclaimer phrase.

So, my beloved Schemers, just let us be friends, the current economy was and is a place for more then one scheme and so is the Bitcoin economy.
BitLex

View Profile
April 17, 2011, 09:21:18 PM

actually, you called everyones scheme fraudulent, by claiming yours is the first non-fraudulent ever (which obviously isn't true).

bitcoinponzi (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2011, 09:28:42 PM

Dear BitLex,

if you want to go that far, please read the complete line on my website: “the first open 'non-fraudulent' scheme ever”, where “first” clearly refers to “open” in the meaning of: “i am specifically stating that this website is running under a Ponzi scheme right on the homepage”. Does this answer satisfy your needs in not being insulted by my copy?  Smiley
BitLex

View Profile
April 17, 2011, 10:25:15 PM

i'm not insulted by your, or anyone elses copy,
was always wondering why there aren't many more copies already, guess those will come sooner or later.

i just disagree that it clearly refers to "open" in terms of saying "i am a ponzi scheme",
at least for me it's not that clear,
i'm with idev, who says:
I think its more of a sale pitch.

bitcoinponzi (OP)

View Profile
April 18, 2011, 08:25:03 AM

I'm sorry if my sales copy sounds a bit confusing. I will think about changing it in a way which will make everyone satisfied.

And yes, this is a sales pitch, because text has to sell. Unfortunately, right now i'm not very good at writing a good copy since this is an experiment.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: