Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:13:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buyer Beware: Cointerra -Days to refund- [69] *Update*  (Read 2682 times)
howthefuq (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 12:05:02 AM
Last edit: June 10, 2014, 11:39:43 PM by howthefuq

I have email logs of them refusing to give me a proper update status on the "updated" 2TH machines and am willing to post them. With full confidence that this company would live up to their expectations and be the first US based company to actually deliver on promises I made a pre order on an April batch miner before the first one ever delivered.  (big mistake).  
       After seeing initial numbers I gave them the benefit of the doubt that they would have it fixed.  They said they were working on it and through a string of correspondence, they kept me from pulling the trigger on a refund with promises that they were working on it, and it would be ready by my april batch (have email proof of that too).  Well long story short, April first came around and they already had posted an update regarding their crap pci-e mining card and still had no update on the  new board design. On that day (April 1) i asked for a refund.  Low and behold, April 2 rolls around and they update their website with obvious bad news for april batch guys such as myself.  Someone from there emailed me a couple days later asking if i wanted to reconsider my refund now that they updated their website to which i replied NO.  

I refrained from saying anything about their company because I wanted to wait the full 4 weeks they said it would take to get a refund.  (Funny they took my bank wire instantly).  Now that the 4 weeks have passed, i've been emailing them every day asking about the status of my refund to which now i'm being ignored.  I will update this thread daily for those waiting on Cointerra refunds that may be in the same boat as I am, as well as give insight to any potential customers, if they even have any of those left. Angry

edited to add:

https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/consumer/complain.shtml
http://www.bbb.org/central-texas/business-reviews/virtual-currency/cointerra-inc-in-austin-tx-1000104440
https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/Information#crnt&panel1-1

update:  *** received an obvious mass email from them with various options to consider instead of refunds.  I will count that as a reply after 21 days

Update:  Cointerra has contacted me ironically the day that the BBB published a PSA Warning against their Company and published my complaint seen here on their front page: http://www.bbb.org/central-texas/

Supposedly I will receive my check on Monday.  I will update again at that time and then again when the check clears my bank account

Update: 6/10/14 - received my check via Fedex yesterday, but I was at work so I was able to deposit today.  Total number of days waiting to receive check from day I requested refund [69]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cxz

Activity: 48

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 01:08:44 AM

I have email logs of them refusing to give me a proper update status on the "updated" 2TH machines and am willing to post them. With full confidence that this company would live up to their expectations and be the first US based company to actually deliver on promises I made a pre order on an April batch miner before the first one ever delivered.  (big mistake). 
       After seeing initial numbers I gave them the benefit of the doubt that they would have it fixed.  They said they were working on it and through a string of correspondence, they kept me from pulling the trigger on a refund with promises that they were working on it, and it would be ready by my april batch (have email proof of that too).  Well long story short, April first came around and they already had posted an update regarding their crap pci-e mining card and still had no update on the  new board design. On that day (April 1) i asked for a refund.  Low and behold, April 2 rolls around and they update their website with obvious bad news for april batch guys such as myself.  Someone from there emailed me a couple days later asking if i wanted to reconsider my refund now that they updated their website to which i replied NO. 

I refrained from saying anything about their company because I wanted to wait the full 4 weeks they said it would take to get a refund.  (Funny they took my bank wire instantly).  Now that the 4 weeks have passed, i've been emailing them every day asking about the status of my refund to which now i'm being ignored.  I will update this thread daily for those waiting on Cointerra refunds that may be in the same boat as I am, as well as give insight to any potential customers, if they even have any of those left. Angry

I am also furious with cointerra. All i get is automated responses, they just ignore my email and facebook messages. were not the only ones.... alot of thier customers are still waiting to be refunded.
howthefuq (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 02:50:45 AM

I am also furious with cointerra. All i get is automated responses, they just ignore my email and facebook messages. were not the only ones.... alot of thier customers are still waiting to be refunded.

How long have you been waiting for your refund?  I'm located here in Houston and am in touch with another guy in Dallas who is also waiting for his refund.  We are supposed to go to their location in Austin to get answers sometime this month when our schedules align.  If you've been waiting for an extended period of time then you can file a complaint with the attorney general of texas.  That's the next step for me and I encourage anyone else who is still waiting and hasn't received any correspondence do.  The AG will begin an investigation/sue if a flood of complaints about Cointerra hits their offices.  My refund is only for 6500$ so I can still sue them in small claims court for that + court fees.  I dunno your circumstance though.  If they simply need more time I wish they would just say so instead of sending me out of my way to bust their asses.

edit:  Also, looking at their BBB, it seems they have had 2 complaints issued against them and they ended up resolving them.  So that's another route to go if necessary in my opinion.
xzempt

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 03:01:20 AM

Cointerra had the chance to be something amazing,  instead they chose to maintain a bfl type status quo.

Keep in mind that they got paid via a bank wire that has now opened them up to wire and banking fraud. 
testerx

Activity: 608

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 03:17:20 AM

They've been ignoring my e-mails as well...it's been over a week with no reply-I got a call about a week ago trying to get me to not refund my order and instead take 5 more machines-this didn't even make sense since they would owe me more machines than that based on the new price.  They sent me a PM on the forums and then when I replied with details of my refund they went silent too.  I hate to say it but we're starting to look into legal options at this point since I have no idea what's going on-if they would just friggin' communicate or something they'd avoid a lot of headaches for everyone.  I held off on complaining to the Texas AG before because it was just after 4 weeks and I wanted to give them a chance to respond but I've received no response whatsoever-not via PM, not via e-mail, not via phone.  They're now a black box that nobody can communicate with and there's enough money on the line here for me and my partner that we're talking to our lawyer friends.

At any rate, if anybody else needs to contact the Texas AG this is their website: https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/consumer/complain.shtml

Cointerra, get in touch with me ASAP.  All I want is my refund, and I am not unreasonable-if the amount of my order is too large for you to issue a refund in a timely manner because of a cash crunch (though honestly how did you blow through 30 million in revenue this fast?) then still get in contact with me so we can discuss how to resolve this.  You can't just owe someone most of their life savings and ignore them, it's beyond shitty.
howthefuq (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 03:35:51 AM

Sorry, are you 5 days over the 4 weeks waiting?

i am only waiting for 2 weeks but you guys freaking is slowly starting to concern me.

Yes I am 5 days over the initial 4 week 'waiting period'.  I only made this thread because for the past 5 days i've sent an email each day and they have ignored each one.  Since they check these forums often because of how popular it is in the bitcoin world i expect them to see it as well as see me promoting everyone i can to start filing with the Attorney General once they've gone past the 'waiting period' .   Once they have the full attention of the government they will start to act like businessmen I'm sure of it.
xzempt

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 03:40:41 AM

About to be an interesting couple weeks in Austin... Roll Eyes
testerx

Activity: 608

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 03:47:14 AM

i am only waiting for 2 weeks but you guys freaking is slowly starting to concern me.

I e-mailed them 4/2 requesting a refund and confirmed it with them 4/3 so...it's 5 days over for me as well.  Given the constantly dropping price on their website to try and compete my guess is that they ordered a crapload of parts for machines and then everyone tried to cancel their orders so they're trying to raise cash for refunds by selling more machines, but not communicating with anybody is probably reducing their sales.  

They owe me over $56K at this point...which comprised the vast majority of my life savings as well as getting one of my old friends to chip in money for a mining company.  Of course since they sit on much of my money they're causing all sorts of problems-I would have honestly preferred to take delivery of hardware at the original promised specs, since the power and cooling bills would have actually been reasonable and giving us some mining income but luckily our accountant's family is full of lawyers and they've been talking about helping us out at reasonable rates.  I don't want to take this there but Cointerra is making it really hard to just sit here and wait when they won't communicate.
cxz

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 12:25:55 PM
Last edit: May 07, 2014, 03:29:55 PM by cxz

I e-mailed them 4/2 requesting a refund and confirmed it with them 4/3 so...it's 5 days over for me as well.  Given the constantly dropping price on their website to try and compete my guess is that they ordered a crapload of parts for machines and then everyone tried to cancel their orders so they're trying to raise cash for refunds by selling more machines, but not communicating with anybody is probably reducing their sales.  

They owe me over $56K at this point...which comprised the vast majority of my life savings as well as getting one of my old friends to chip in money for a mining company.  Of course since they sit on much of my money they're causing all sorts of problems-I would have honestly preferred to take delivery of hardware at the original promised specs, since the power and cooling bills would have actually been reasonable and giving us some mining income but luckily our accountant's family is full of lawyers and they've been talking about helping us out at reasonable rates.  I don't want to take this there but Cointerra is making it really hard to just sit here and wait when they won't communicate.

it seems the only people who have actually been refunded, have done so through the means of legal action. I don't know anyone who as been refunded by talking to cointerra because they do not respond to messages. I was thinking if i messaging them saying i wanted to buy they would probably respond instantly, but you mention the word refund you will just be ignored.
xzempt

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 03:15:15 PM

56k?  Id be sitting in front of there office while they went to the bank and got my money....   
lucazane
Legendary

Activity: 1198
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 03:27:30 PM

Waiting since the 24/03/2014

I just filled a bbb complain.

The Blocks Factory Mining POOL : DGB(sha256d, Skein, Qubit, Groestl & Scrypt), FTC
howthefuq (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 07:53:03 PM

And on the 6th day he filed his complaint with the BBB.  Next up, the Texas Attorney General.
_herrmann_

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 03:36:54 AM

FYI: a friend of mine ordered 2, usual ignoring of email and such over the past months. (has had somecorrespondence with them) he got a phone call from them on tuesday, they told him he could have a free one. or the refund. he said thats $4800 each. idk what they are going for 'now' just ran across this and thought yous should know.
xzempt

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 01:40:51 PM

Either they arent selling any miners,  or they must have had 1,000+ ask for refunds all at once.... 
xzempt

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 01:41:37 PM

And on the 6th day he filed his complaint with the BBB.  Next up, the Texas Attorney General.

Then next,  the Feds, 
xzempt

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 10:30:25 AM

Any news?
witherworth

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 05:58:30 PM

I've seen a lot of people waiting for the 4 week mark, but I was never told 4 weeks. In an email, a John said that my refund was going to be processed by the end of "next" week. Here we are, 2 weeks after "next" week, and zero communication! I'd honestly be very worried if I were you. I felt pretty good with the communication from Cointerra until they said "your refund is coming" and then started to ignore all my emails.
cxz

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 06:11:39 PM

Still yet to receive any reply from cointerra.  Has anyone else heard anything back yet?
howthefuq (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 04:29:27 AM

Sorry for lack of update.  I'm in contact with a business lawyer in Travis county.  I don't want to have to spend more money to collect money that is rightfully mine, but at this point i'm at a loss of what to do next since they refuse to respond to emails.  Does anyone have a phone number to contact them at?
howthefuq (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 04:59:24 AM

Also have filed with the FTC and added link above.  They are in violation of numerous FTC rules regarding refund processing at this point.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: