Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:28:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is Litecoin so cheap?  (Read 5870 times)
El Dude

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 06:11:48 AM

Because the top 100 LTC addresses possess over 50% of all available coins in circulation.

and most of those belong to one entity.

~BCX~

proof ?

O that's right your talking out of your ass again , go back trying to pump ur crap MAXcoin lol  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=601493.0

Another newbie fucking idiot that's been around for barely a year. You might want to do some research before making yourself look this stupid and yes El Dude, I'm talking to you. BCX scrypt hashing power is proven legend my friend.

-calls me stupid , because I asked for proof of BCX claims that 1 person own 100% of the top addresses
-doesn't show me proof and calls me a noob because I made this account 1 year ago (like I don't have other ones)
-supports BCX and his MAXCOIN pumping ways

yes I look stupid right now.  

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CoinHumper

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 06:28:09 AM

I don't think you will encounter too much of an argument on that.
El Dude

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 06:29:35 AM

Because the top 100 LTC addresses possess over 50% of all available coins in circulation.

and most of those belong to one entity.

~BCX~

proof ?

O that's right your talking out of your ass again , go back trying to pump ur crap MAXcoin lol  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=601493.0

Another newbie fucking idiot that's been around for barely a year. You might want to do some research before making yourself look this stupid and yes El Dude, I'm talking to you. BCX scrypt hashing power is proven legend my friend.

-calls me stupid , because I asked for proof of BCX claims that 1 person own 100% of the top addresses
-doesn't show me proof and calls me a noob because I made this account 1 year ago (like I don't have other ones)
-supports BCX and his MAXCOIN pumping ways

He didn't call you stupid before you made yourself look stupid and you don't even know why LOL ROFL

The reason I made the comment about product of American schooling in the other thread is your lack of reading comprehension. I never said I owned 50% of all the top 100, but there is a single entity that does, a group. If makes you feel any better I do indeed own two in the top ten and also a member of the group.

Yes, it's okay to realize you are a fucking idiot, just relax and embrace the moment.

~BCX~

cool story bro , you must be very important I better listen to your advice in the other thread and buy Maxcoin.

El Dude

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 06:31:05 AM

I don't think you will encounter too much of an argument on that.

its quite obvious you and bcx are the same person , in every one of your posts your constantly sucking his cock.

anyways let try and get this thread back on topic.

El Dude

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 06:34:35 AM

cool story bro , you must be very important I better listen to your advice in the other thread and buy Maxcoin.

Give it up, you indeed did look stupid. Don't sweat it, it's a rite of passage all you newbies go through at some point.

It's called, schooling.

~BCX~

and you look like the biggest pump and dump piece of shit trying to pump a dead coin like Maxcoin.

just give it up nobody cares what you think.

devphp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 06:52:39 AM

Damn, I wish someone would have told me there can be only one store of value before I bought gold and silver. I guess its against the law and was stupid of me! Also see my last response about fiat and market caps and such.

wow, that was a long post, I want to answer only the store-of-value argument, as the rest is not so important.

Gold and silver metals both have unique properties and neither of them can replace each other, that's why both are valued by humanity.

BTC and LTC are the same minus a few insignificant technical details and can perform the same functions, that's why only one can be valued, and all things being equal, the first one that came into market is and will be valued, there is no place for two store of value assets here.

Neither BTC nor LTC fits into the every day currency category though, as they are too rare for that.
El Dude

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 07:00:10 AM

and you look like the biggest pump and dump piece of shit trying to pump a dead coin like Maxcoin.

just give it up nobody cares what you think.

Well not true, I get a massive amount PM's on a daily basis asking me about everything from hardware, to trading advice and all sorts of coin devs asking for security help.

But anyway, do you care to wager a few BTC on who can move the most BTC and LTC in the block chain?

You talk the talk, let's see if you can walk the walk?

Finding an escrow shouldn't be too hard.

Put up or STFU newbie.  <---This is an example of the schooling thing I was talking about earlier

~BCX~

Sorry you lost all credibility and respect from me when you chose to pump a dead horribly instamined coin. You have that much BTC and LTC and still need to pump that crap ,that's pathetic.

Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 07:43:00 AM

Finding an escrow shouldn't be too hard.

Yes, not hard. Let me know if anything pushes through.

jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 09:54:26 AM

because it is a copy and paste and people don't like imposters

cyberlink

Activity: 24

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 12:06:33 PM

IMO the more currency it exists the more it is spread the cheaper it is, and as long as it doesn't have such support as bitcoin it is cheaper. And agree with jabo38, that it is a copy of bitcoin
Matthewang

Activity: 43

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 12:34:10 PM

There are supposed to be four times more litecoins (84 million) than bitcoins (21 million) so with everything else being equal, Litecoin should cost 1/4 that of Bitcoin. But Litecoin is currently trading at about 10 dollars each while Bitcoin is trading at around 400-500 dollars each which makes it undervalued by a factor of 10.

Has it got something to do with the distribution curve (ie. more litecoins are produced in the first few years compared to Bitcoin)?

Only because BTC famous than LTC, so they have more money to support. Have something interest, someone will always took pains to do.

Price with circulation is not proportional relationship, decided the price is value.
Bbeenn

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 02:40:12 PM

donot have good body to support it..

dkunion

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 02:51:55 PM

I believe there are two reasons.
1. China is attitude of the government.
2.It is the DOGE effect, of course Chinese lion is still relatively large impact. Grin
Momimaus

Activity: 767

Never back down !!!

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 04:40:59 PM

Cheap??? Why is it still worth 400 Mil. Unbelievable

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
CoinTracking is analyzing all your trades and generates in real time tons of useful information such as the profit / loss of your trades, your balances, realized and unrealized gains, reports for tax declaration and many more. For Bitcoin and over 3000 altcoins, assets and commodities.
Get 10% discount for all packages or create your own affiliate link to get 20% for every sale.
Jacobinge

Activity: 41

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 05:18:19 PM

There are supposed to be four times more litecoins (84 million) than bitcoins (21 million) so with everything else being equal, Litecoin should cost 1/4 that of Bitcoin. But Litecoin is currently trading at about 10 dollars each while Bitcoin is trading at around 400-500 dollars each which makes it undervalued by a factor of 10.

Has it got something to do with the distribution curve (ie. more litecoins are produced in the first few years compared to Bitcoin)?
Grin Grin Grin ;DBecause the BTC is too expensive!!

Was just a joke, in fact, LTC is not cheap, just your illusion, think inverse relationship in the circulation and price
fran2k

Activity: 784

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 05:29:13 PM

There is no reason why LTC should have the same market cap as BTC, this would never happen.
TheMage

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

Litecoin Association Director

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 01:56:33 AM

Damn, I wish someone would have told me there can be only one store of value before I bought gold and silver. I guess its against the law and was stupid of me! Also see my last response about fiat and market caps and such.

wow, that was a long post, I want to answer only the store-of-value argument, as the rest is not so important.

Gold and silver metals both have unique properties and neither of them can replace each other, that's why both are valued by humanity.

BTC and LTC are the same minus a few insignificant technical details and can perform the same functions, that's why only one can be valued, and all things being equal, the first one that came into market is and will be valued, there is no place for two store of value assets here.

Neither BTC nor LTC fits into the every day currency category though, as they are too rare for that.

Up until modern history silver and gold, while each have unique properties, never had proper applications of those properties. Classically however each have been utilized as a currency for many hundreds of years. As a matter of fact, the values between the two (when used as silver and gold coins) were not that far apart in value at all, certainly no where near the 40-45 times amount that BTC's and LTC's relationship shares. So I really fail to see your initial point at all.

And please explain to me, why you feel they can't share the same market? Gold and Silver (since thats what we are talking about) share the same market just fine. They each can be used in electronics, jewelry, medicine. Really off the top of my head the only thing that I can think of is that silver can be used as silver backing for mirrors (which really can also be replaced with aluminum I think).

So classically they are both used as currency, are currently being used to store value, and between the two they perform nearly all the same functions. If you think I've made an error please show me.

Honestly this thread is starting to turn into nonsense (not just you, most people here). No one can really compose a detailed and valid argument and keep on repeating "DUR Litecoin are badz cause im a bitcoin fan".

I truly hope that every single one of you understand that we are in this together and fighting like this about shitcoin this and shitcoin that does nothing for our mission. Which is to replace fiat with crypto's.

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealMage for Litecoin and Litecoin Association news!
dogeunion

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 05:02:44 AM

It's not just LTC, the whole market is too low, because there was China effect.
fattypig

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 06:47:16 AM

It's not just LTC, the whole market is too low, because there was China effect.

But it seems that LTC is dropping more % then other coins, I believe the asic company is "testing" their products and selling it all on market..

Victorius

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

...math, you can trust math.

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 09:18:56 AM

Litecoin devs and community are doing nothing, they are just waiting for Bitcoin to go up and take LTC with them. more exciting coins in crypto industry.

LISK    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: