Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:19:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Banco De Kluge (BDK) - [On "Vacation" -- PM me if you need anything]  (Read 4546 times)
Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 02:20:21 AM
Last edit: February 07, 2012, 07:16:46 PM by Kluge

(Edit: I'm on break, starting 2/5/12, ending ?/?/?? -- If you need to talk with me, PM, email or call -- prefer email contact over phone, if you don't mind.)

Total BTC currently available for lending: 0BTC *PPUSD/DwollaUSD Lending Currently Suspended*
"IBB-matching" BTC available for lending: 0BTC

CD rates for CDs purchased in February **CD Issuing Currently Suspended**
[/u]
30D - principal + 2.5% @ date of maturity
60D - principal + 6.25% @ date of maturity
90D - principal + 9.75% @ date of maturity
180D - principal + 22.5% @ date of maturity
360D - principal + 50% @ date of maturity
(see terms below for additional details on CDs - header for section on deposits is colored blue)

Total deposits: 220BTC
Total BTC currently loaned out: ~800-1000
BDK Equities' FMV: ~1400-1700BTC
Total in securities: ~2000-2500BTC (for full list of loans out, deposits, equities, loans which've been paid, and monthly income/outgo reports, go here)[/b]

If you're looking for a loan...

Standard Loan Types (yes, of course these are negotiable):
Traditional 30D BTC Loan:
*112% principal due, 30 day duration, all paid back at once on due date (or using the early payment formula listed below).
Traditional 14D BTC Loan:
*105% principal due, 14 day duration, all paid back at once on due date (or using the early payment formula listed below).
Multiple Payment Loan:
*134% principal due if 90D, 120% principal due if 60D, 109% principal due if 30D, 104% principal due if 14D. If 90D loan, pay back 10% principal every 9 days until final payment, when 44% principal is due (interest + final payment on principal). If 60D loan, pay back 10% every 6 days until final payment, when 30% principal is due (interest + final payment on principal). If 30D, pay back 20% principal every 6 days until final payment, when 19% principal is due (interest + final payment on principal). If 14D, pay back 50% every 7 days until final payment, when 14% principal is due (interest + final payment on principal).
PPUSD/DwollaUSD Loans**UNAVAILABLE UNTIL FURTHER  NOTICE**:
*Receive loan in PPUSD or DwollaUSD. At time loan is given, I'll grab the exchange rate. Amount loaned divided by USD/BTC MtGox exchange rate = BTC due (excluding negotiated interest). Loans in PPUSD will take 3-5 days to arrive in your account from the time I issue it. DwollaUSD Loans will take up to 7 days, assuming there aren't more problems. This loan can be any of the three types listed above. The loan duration starts when the money is in your account, not when I issue the transfer.

Additional terms for loans [Important stuff is bolded, very important stuff is in red]:
*"Sub-Leasing Prohibition" - During the term of the loan, you agree not to lend Bitcoins to anyone for any reason. If I have evidence you are doing so, it will be noted you failed to uphold the terms of your loan. This only partially applies to miners. For miners, I want you to show me where you mine, with stats I can verify (a pool which lists mining rates publicly would be great). If you can, I'm willing to loan you what you mine every day per day-length of the duration of the loan and not hold you to the "no-subleasing" rule. For instance, if you mine 5BTC/day and want a 30D loan, multiply daily income by duration in days for max loan amount, which'd be 150BTC -- that's how much I'd be willing to loan you without the sub-leasing prohibition. Another example -- if you mine 1BTC/day and want a 14D loan, the max I'd loan you without prohibiting sub-leasing is 14BTC.
(applies to all loans made on or after 1/18/12)

*"Form of Repayment" - Loans are to be repaid in Bitcoin unless otherwise specified. I'll accept either a direct payment of BTC to 1LgJfyNohgkyzogxksENpNTy1vafZP9T6 or a MtGox coupon via PM.
(applies to all loans made on or after 1/18/12)

*"Late fees" - There are none. It'll be noted you failed to uphold the terms of the loan, but I have no interest in annoying/burdening people I have loans out to. If you'd like to donate to me for the problems your late payment causes me, well - that'd be appreciated. Smiley
(applies to all loans, no matter date lent)

*"Early Payment" - For each day you pay early (using US Eastern time), deduct .15 percentage points from the negotiated MPR you're expected to pay. This only applies on the day you pay in full. For instance, if you have a 30D 100BTC loan @ 10% MPR due 1/30/12, but want to pay in full on 1/20/12, you would be expected to pay 1.5 [.15*10] percentage points less for MPR. So, you'd effectively be paying 8.5% MPR instead of the negotiated 10% MPR because you paid 10 days early, resulting in 108.5BTC due instead of 110BTC. Assuming you've done your math correctly, there's no reason to clear it with me before sending your payment. If/when the website goes up, this should be a much more clear-cut process.
(applies to all loans, no matter date lent)

*"Extra Req's for Large Loans" - Loans of more than 150BTC require ID, a promissory note notarized and sent to my address (prior to the loan being made), a utilities bill, at least one reference I can call, and physical collateral at least roughly equal to the loan amount made against your loan. I also require a picture of you with the collateral you're using with a physical timestamp in the picture. You MUST be a US resident to apply for a loan in an amount greater than 150BTC. Extremely reputable forum members (maybe 20 people fall into this category) and those I've dealt with before with a similarly large quantity of coins are not subject to this rule.
(applies to all loans made on or after 1/22/12)

Requirements of lendee:
Must be reputable on this forum. If you're listed for non-payment here, you will be denied. Prefer at least 5 transactions with other forum users in a combined amount equal or greater than 3x the loan you're requesting. A reasonable story (with DETAILS!) is much preferred. I want to know why you can't afford what you want now, what you want the money for, and how you plan on repaying the loan. I prefer lendees I've already done business with.

Terms for depositing in BDK (dividend here refers to % principal of deposit -- for instance, 1% dividend on 100BTC deposit is 1BTC.):
*BDK holds the right to deny deposit requests. All deposits must be cleared with Kluge (PM me!) prior to a transfer to BDK's deposition account being considered a deposit and being accountable to terms for a deposit. Deposits which are not cleared by Kluge will be returned to the originating address within 48h.
*Deposits are to be in CD-form, meaning you agree to keep your BTC in BDK for x amount of time to receive dividend payments.
*CDs are transferable, so long as you notify me (buyer must notify me, too). Dividends will be paid to the owner of the CD. If you are considering purchasing an "after-market" CD, please PM me first, or consult the Google spreadsheet at the top of this post for details of the CD you're considering.
*Deposits can be withdrawn at any time, but if prior to the end of the CD terms, you receive no interest. Please allow me up to 48h to process an early withdrawal.
*CDs can be auto-renewed with dividends re-invested, auto-renewed with dividends paid to your BTC address, or paid out in full upon completion of CD duration. The MPR does not change if you choose to auto-renew. That is to say, if you take out a 30D loan and choose to auto-renew your CD at the end of each 30D cycle, you will be paid the 30D rate, not the 60D rate. However, unlike if you had requested a 60D CD, if you choose to auto-renew a 30D CD, you will be paid dividends every 30D (for a 60D CD, you would not be paid dividends until the end of the 60D cycle, assuming you do not initiate a withdrawal until the 60D cycle completes).
*If you do not want your username listed in the public info spreadsheet I have near the top of this post, you must request it. It's there both to ensure transparency of BDK and, were you to want to sell your CD to someone else, give buyers a quick & easy way to ensure you actually hold the CD. (This does not apply to lendees. All lendees will have their username and basic loan information noted publicly - no exceptions.)
*CDs cannot exceed an amount greater than 200BTC, and one person is allowed to take out a CD only once per 7 days (this is to stagger CD due dates and prevent me from running into a potentially-disastrous liquidity problem if I can't secure an inter-bank loan). Minimum CD value is 10BTC.

BDK Self-regulation Programs

*"IBB Donation" - 3% of loan profits will go directly to senbonzakura to fund the IBB. The IBB offers no-fee, interest-free loans in small amounts. (edit on 1/23/12 - "loan profits" do not include income from equity sales or dividends. "loan profits" will be calculated and donated at the beginning of each month. Information on loan profits & amount donated is available for view on the Google Spreadsheet at the top of this post.)
(in effect)

*"BTC100 Donation" - An initial 5BTC + 2% monthly loan profits (starting February) will be donated to BTC100 to encourage charities to adopt Bitcoin as acceptable payment.
(in effect)

*"BTC Equities Program" - At any time, values in safe BTC equities are to make up at least 20% of total securities. This rule is in effect to ensure loans are not just going toward gamblers & folks looking for a hedge, but also to folks doing something productive with the BTC. This program is also intended to allay fears of BDK bankruptcy for depositors.
(goes into effect on 2/1/12)

*"IBB No-Interest Loan Matching Program" - If you have a loan the IBB agrees to cover, BDK will match it with no interest charged, up to 5BTC for up to 21D. Gratuities appreciated but not required.
(goes into effect on 2/1/12)

*"Loan Diversification Requirement" - At any time, no loan is to make up more than 10% of total securities' value.
(goes into effect on 3/1/12) (current largest single loan: ~10.5% total)

*"Equities Diversification Requirement" - At any time, no equity is to make up more than 40% of total securities' value.
(goes into effect on 4/1/12) (current largest equitiy: ~62% of all securities)

Last Updated: 02/05/2012 @ 6:48am (Eastern US)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 02:26:20 AM

Hi Kluge,
I'm confirming that I will repay on 3/1/12 for the loan you've pledged.

(BFL)^2 < 0
Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 02:26:50 AM

Hi Kluge,
I'm confirming that I will repay on 3/1/12 for the loan you've pledged.
Thanks. Updated OP.
koin
Legendary

Activity: 873

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 09:51:07 AM

mpr = monthly percentage rate?  (i.e., compound monthly)?
ineededausername

Activity: 784

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 01:32:45 PM

mpr = monthly percentage rate?  (i.e., compound monthly)?

This is correct.

(BFL)^2 < 0
Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 06:36:31 AM
Last edit: January 19, 2012, 11:22:17 PM by Kluge

New term added, and applies to all future loans (including those "pledged") and "re-loans," but not current loans out. "Sub-leasing" of Bitcoins I lend (and, as a catch-all for "clever" people, all of a lendee's Bitcoins during the loan's duration) is prohibited for non-miners. If I wanted the associated risk of HYIPs, I would invest in them myself. My loans are specifically intended for people looking to purchase goods/services using BTC which they currently don't have (or I guess if people have bills in USD, that'd be fine, too). All current lendees and those who I've pledged BTC to have been notified of the changes in terms for future loans. ETA: This rule has been slightly modified, to allow miners to sub-lease to a certain amount. Check the OP if interested.

2 other new terms added in OP. 1st is a requirement to pay in BTC. Figured it's common-sense, but worth posting explicitly. 2nd is the ability for lendees to be rewarded for paying earlier than initially negotiated. It looks kind of messy in the OP, but basically, when you pay in full, take .15% (that's an absolute .15%, not relative - so if you have a 10% negotiated MPR and pay a day early, you pay 109.85% of principal, not 109.985%) off the negotiated MPR for every day earlier from the negotiated due date it took you to pay.
PatrickHarnett

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 08:56:33 AM

A useful set of terms.  For clarity, what is your definition of "pledged" versus "loaned"?
Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 09:52:49 AM

A useful set of terms.  For clarity, what is your definition of "pledged" versus "loaned"?
A pledged loan is a loan which has been reserved by someone on a specific date. If someone's expected to pay me back on 1/31/12 for instance, I know I should have that amount to lend out the next day. I post the amount I expect to have and the date I expect to have it in the "Loan reservations available" section, someone contacts me about taking the slot, and I add that to the "Pledged Loans" section.
chungenhung
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 10:00:13 PM

repayed
200BTC to chungenhung, lent 1/1/12, due 1/31/12. 10% MPR.
Please confirm
Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 10:29:19 PM
Last edit: January 19, 2012, 02:45:40 AM by Kluge

OP updated. Thanks, Chung. I may have missed some things which went through PMs, so please correct me if I screwed up. Sorry for slow response -- had a lot going on in the past couple days.
Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 09:08:17 AM
Last edit: January 19, 2012, 10:26:14 AM by Kluge

New term/marketing-gimmick added. 3% of all loan profit will now go toward funding the Islamic Bank of Bitcoin's interest-free no-fee loans. Alternately, if you specify prior to you paying off a loan, I will instead donate that 3% to http://tn3t.com/ who operates a couple public Tor nodes. I will not donate to major charities, as the legalities are up in the air, and some organizations ended up being told by their accountants to dump the BTC.

Also interested in knowing if anyone would be interested in being lent PPUSD, with payment due in BTC. The BTC due would be determined based on the PPUSD/BTC going rate at the time the loan's requested + interest. I figure this'd be great for miners, but'd take a bit more work, and expose me to a bit of that PayPal regime uncertainty risk.

(If you're only clicking this thread to see if loans are available - I'll update the thread title when I'm back in MI where I can access my primary wallet, so you can quit checking this thread to listen to me ramble while I try getting sleepy Wink )

ETA: Removed section to reserve loans after getting a bit of sleep and realizing what a stupid idea it was to offer to pledge Bitcoins months in advance. If there's another insane BTC bubble, I want to cash out and get back in later, not have my BTC tied up. Tried to reword the early payment term to be more clear -- not sure if I was successful or not.
brendio

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 11:18:14 AM

Also interested in knowing if anyone would be interested in being lent PPUSD, with payment due in BTC. The BTC due would be determined based on the PPUSD/BTC going rate at the time the loan's requested + interest. I figure this'd be great for miners, but'd take a bit more work, and expose me to a bit of that PayPal regime uncertainty risk.

Actually, wouldn't your borrowers be taking most of the PP risk? Theoretically, it should work reasonably well, since you will be building up trust and have a reputation to uphold here, so that should lower the perceived potential PP chargeback risk for borrowers. I might even be interested at some stage as a hedge. [Just saw it's only offered to miners.] It works a bit like a futures contract.

Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 11:26:18 PM
Last edit: January 20, 2012, 02:48:33 AM by Kluge

Actually, wouldn't your borrowers be taking most of the PP risk? Theoretically, it should work reasonably well, since you will be building up trust and have a reputation to uphold here, so that should lower the perceived potential PP chargeback risk for borrowers. I might even be interested at some stage as a hedge. [Just saw it's only offered to miners.] It works a bit like a futures contract.

I thought of that thinking about how high my electricity bill is for mining. I intended this to allow miners to loan against their future mining revenue to pay bills they have in USD. I do get the advantage of being able to chargeback, and because of that, might consider lowering the MPR for that particular transaction. It just depends how the third-parties would handle charge-backs in that situation. Paypal scares the Hell out of me, tbh. I'd be much more willing to fund a Dwolla account, which most miners probably already have, anyway, and it's BTC-friendly, while not exposing lendees to the risk of friendly fraud on my part. I'll update the OP.
senbonzakura

Activity: 602
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 12:34:16 AM

thanks Kluge for the marketing gimmick, buying IBB shares. I dont get any extra BTC if you do buy IBB shares, but trading in IBB shares is good Smiley
Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 01:46:36 AM
Last edit: January 20, 2012, 02:47:01 AM by Kluge

thanks Kluge for the marketing gimmick, buying IBB shares. I dont get any extra BTC if you do buy IBB shares, but trading in IBB shares is good Smiley
Oh -- Is there a way to donate directly, then?

yes you can donate directly to me via pm, when you want to send just send me a pm and i will prove you with an address.

thank you
Alright -- I'll send you a PM when the time comes. Should start getting new loans paid back mid-late next month.
senbonzakura

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 02:23:57 AM
Last edit: January 20, 2012, 10:39:23 PM by senbonzakura

yes you can donate directly to me via pm, when you want to send just send me a pm and i will provide you with an address.

thank you
Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2012, 07:02:12 AM

Get ready to open your wallets! I'll be accepting deposits starting late next week. If someone wants a loan, and is a webdev handling PHP/SQL, I need a site. I have MS Paint images ready!  Tongue Smiley -- Until then, interest on deposits as well as withdrawals will be handled manually, meaning I'll only bother with 5BTC+ 14D+ loans.

I'd appreciate if someone gave me some rates/terms they'd find acceptable for deposits, knowing I have laid out a feasible way to maintain profit with what you deposit.
Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 22, 2012, 08:51:57 AM
Last edit: January 23, 2012, 08:08:07 AM by Kluge

I've added terms for deposits. Any thoughts? I'll probably end up making the dividend rate significantly more favorable for depositors in the future when I'm more sure of my profit margin, and reward "early depositors" - but no guarantees on that.

As well, 150BTC+ loans now require hoops be jumped through, and are only available to US residents. Monthly income/outgo reports will start being posted starting the beginning of next month. I'll try to clean up the OP today. May also be adjusting loan rates within the next couple days. Should have BTC to loan again around Thursday/Friday, but feel free to PM me prior.

ETA (1/23/12): IBB loan terms have changed. I will donate 3% of previous month's loan profits at the beginning of the next month. I also decided not to exclude older loans from the 3% donation. First payment to IBB will be made on 2/1/12.
Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2012, 06:22:16 AM

I'm announcing my continued support for a demand-free economy with a new IBB loan-matching program to go into effect the beginning of next month. BDK strongly supports a generosity-based economy, even if we're not quite ready for it, yet - I'd love to be a part of pushing us there. Wink

Any loan IBB is willing to put money toward, contact me (after 2/1/12) and I will match their loan terms up to 5BTC for up to 21D. There is a maximum amount out toward these loans at any given time of 25BTC. (BDK is not in any way affiliated with IBB.)
senbonzakura

View Profile
January 24, 2012, 06:44:04 AM

I like the name  Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: