Bitcoin Forum
July 03, 2024, 08:11:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which designer's work should be incorporated into the logo for the rebranded Carboncoin?  (Voting closed: May 17, 2014, 01:30:47 PM)
1. MagicSnow - 4 (16.7%)
2. kussaka - 3 (12.5%)
3. morphtrust - 1 (4.2%)
4. pavondunbar - 1 (4.2%)
5. ning_chang - 3 (12.5%)
6. ckybe - 4 (16.7%)
7. mymenace - 2 (8.3%)
8. pipipipopopo - 5 (20.8%)
9. Mjbmonetarymetals - 1 (4.2%)
10. B1 Graphics - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 24

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [POLL] Carboncoin Logo Contest - 2M CARB prize for voter who leaves best comment  (Read 3677 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
danonthehill (OP)

Activity: 710
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 12:38:59 PM

I think AM's idea is that a coin designer is chosen to work with his graphic design team on the integration of the coin design with all the other Carboncoin branding and website design, therefore the final design might have to undergo some modification, so that the branding is consistent and on message.  The aim being that the design should achieve the best of both worlds, in terms of its appreciation in a crypto context and in encouraging real world adoption of the coin.

But I take your point, if people think there is a fairer way of doing this, we can reformat and restart the poll, or an alternative, which i would prefer, is that we have a 2nd round vote of the top 3 designers represented by a single design. 

It would also be good, at this stage, to have a representative comment for each vote, as you suggested, and i would encourage voters to do this.
danonthehill (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 12:49:04 PM
Last edit: May 16, 2014, 03:43:40 PM by danonthehill

I also like your idea of a double sided coin and think your 3D rendering improves the designs in some respects, so this is something we should also consider, but we really need more people to engage in the dialogue about this to come up with the best solution.

I'd particularly be interested in what all of the designers think about this.  The important thing is that we come up with the best branding solution as a community. Whatever happens, I'll ensure that the prize award is fair, and if we reach a consensus that more than one design can be utilized, I will contribute more funds so that no one will loose out.  

ethought
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 02:08:32 PM

As in extra incentive to get voting and leave a comment I will give the one voter who leaves the best / most interesting / observation / comment etc...

2 Million CARB

Winning voter will be chosen when the voting finishes.

Smiley
danonthehill (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 02:37:52 PM

As in extra incentive to get voting and leave a comment I will give the one voter who leaves the best / most interesting / observation / comment etc...

2 Million CARB

Winning voter will be chosen when the voting finishes.

Smiley

Wow!
jungle_dave

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 03:37:58 PM

Casting my vote was difficult as there are so many good designs, hard to find any bad ones here so my compliments to all.
My personal favorite was the green diamond pattern by pipipipopopo, reason being that it is a strong visual form that turns a negative into a positive and screams value Smiley

You have to take into consideration that once this gets listed on the bigger exchanges that an easily identifiable "icon" in the sea of coins listed out there needs to stand out. Carboncoin the green diamond sums that up well. Just my 2 satoshis and good luck to all.
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 07:59:59 PM

havin some fun

concept 3d

small

http://i61.tinypic.com/33pa5qv.gif

large

http://i62.tinypic.com/20usr3l.gif

Grin
danonthehill (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 08:15:56 PM

Looks good.
EvolutionA2Z

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 06:45:36 AM

I just started to drink wine. When I go to the liquor store to buy a bottle of red there are hundreds to choose from. I end up picking the one with the fanciest label.

If there is not a good response to this contest, maybe none of the logos stand out. The market has been saturated with over 200 coins on coinmarketcap now. (and growing every day)

It will be tough to stand out.

I love the idea of the 2 sided coin. The 3D is very cool.

I think the coin should have a serrated edge. It is symbolic to the roman days when thief's would shave the edges of the coins off. The serrated edge helped prevent the fraud.

I really like number 6 because the leaf making a C in the coin is clever. I also like the leaf because it gives it the eco friendly appeal.

I also like number 4 for the contours in the coin. Makes it more realistic. The idea of having writing wrapping around the coin was great too. Est. in 2014 is kinda cheesy though. It should say Carbon Neutral and Carbon Coin wrapping around it.  

I do see coins on coinmarketcap change logos every now and then. Maybe we are just not in our final form yet.
danonthehill (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 12:22:34 PM

Only one hour remaining to vote.
GAML

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 12:30:50 PM
Last edit: May 17, 2014, 01:06:14 PM by GAML

Number 6.  Instantly recognisable if you drove past a billboard with it on and it caught your eye only for a split second.  When it comes to logo design; think Nike and Apple. Clear, uncluttered, instantly recognisable from a distance.  In addition this logo also contains Gestalt principles within it's design which is used a great deal in modern marketing.   In short Gestalt psychology states that we see things as a whole rather than a sum of its parts.  The lines and curves in the central design clearly create an image that can be perceived as a tree or a leaf.  The Gestalt principle of closure often leads consumers to pursue a further search for information on what they are seeing i.e seek confirmation if what the design represents / actually shows and it is a very powerful way of capturing consumers attention and then creating the opportunity for exposure to the product / service.   Exposure leads to learning, leads to evaluation, leads to use / consumption.  Without the initial exposure the next steps cannot take place.  A person who is ecologically conscious is more likely to be attracted to this design because the tree/leaf has a conscious or subconscious importance in regards their beliefs / attitudes towards environmental issues. I would imagine this is the type of person Carboncoin wishes to attract and this type of person is highly likely to use / invest in the coin as it has a strong affinity with their values / ethical stance. 

That is why I am particularly impressed with this logo. A great deal of thought has gone into the design by the creator.  

I make this statement with confidence as I am reading for my masters degree in marketing  Wink  

If I were the lucky winner in regards comments my Carboncoin wallet address is LBRUeWvHzSiKBXNehAkyUTeA9qVsD8EhEd

Good luck with the relaunch.

doge-f

Activity: 7

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 01:19:36 PM

Still cant vote... is it ok?
ckybe

Activity: 122
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 01:21:24 PM

Number 6.  Instantly recognisable if you drove past a billboard with it on and it caught your eye only for a split second.  When it comes to logo design; think Nike and Apple. Clear, uncluttered, instantly recognisable from a distance.  In addition this logo also contains Gestalt principles within it's design which is used a great deal in modern marketing.   In short Gestalt psychology states that we see things as a whole rather than a sum of its parts.  The lines and curves in the central design clearly create an image that can be perceived as a tree or a leaf.  The Gestalt principle of closure often leads consumers to pursue a further search for information on what they are seeing i.e seek confirmation if what the design represents / actually shows and it is a very powerful way of capturing consumers attention and then creating the opportunity for exposure to the product / service.   Exposure leads to learning, leads to evaluation, leads to use / consumption.  Without the initial exposure the next steps cannot take place.  A person who is ecologically conscious is more likely to be attracted to this design because the tree/leaf has a conscious or subconscious importance in regards their beliefs / attitudes towards environmental issues. I would imagine this is the type of person Carboncoin wishes to attract and this type of person is highly likely to use / invest in the coin as it has a strong affinity with their values / ethical stance. 

That is why I am particularly impressed with this logo. A great deal of thought has gone into the design by the creator.  

I make this statement with confidence as I am reading for my masters degree in marketing  Wink  

If I were the lucky winner in regards comments my Carboncoin wallet address is LBRUeWvHzSiKBXNehAkyUTeA9qVsD8EhEd

OMG Thanks a lot man! Smiley
danonthehill (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 01:31:08 PM

Just post a number and I'll add it to the vote.
danonthehill (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 01:31:52 PM

OMG Thanks a lot man! Smiley

Well, he has convinced me.
danonthehill (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 01:35:38 PM

Soon please.
doge-f

Activity: 7

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 01:44:22 PM

Soon please.

ok 6
danonthehill (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 03:02:27 PM

Congratulations to Ckybe.  You are the winner!

axismundi will be in touch with you shortly.  

All of the entries were great so, I will be awarding 1.5 Million each to all of the other designers.  Thank you for taking the time to enter.  Please send me your address for the coins.

ethought if you could choose the winner for the best comment that would be great.

VOTING RESULTS
6. ckybe                             9
1. MagicSnow                  6
8. pipipipopopo                5
5. ning_chang                 3
2. kussaka                      3
7. mymenace                  2
3. morphtrust                  2
4. pavondunbar                1
9. Mjbmonetarymetals       1
10. B1 Graphics                1

Total: 33 Votes
Breakdown of votes:
1. MagicSnow       4 (16.7%) + 1 Twitter + 1 Coinstack Thread
2. kussaka       3 (12.5%)
3. morphtrust       1 (4.2%)
4. pavondunbar       1 (4.2%)
5. ning_chang       3 (12.5%)
6. ckybe       4 (16.7%) +4 Twitter + 1 BTT Thread
7. mymenace       2 (8.3%)
8. pipipipopopo       5 (20.8%)
9. Mjbmonetarymetals       1 (4.2%)
10. B1 Graphics       0 (0%) + 1 Twitter

Demous

Activity: 49

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 03:11:04 PM

Congratulations to Ckybe.  You are the winner!

axismundi will be in touch with you shortly.  

All of the entries were great so, I will be awarding 1.5 Million each to all of the other designers.  Thank you for taking the time to enter.  Please send me your address for the coins.

ethought if you could choose the winner for the best comment that would be great.

VOTING RESULTS
6. ckybe                             9
1. MagicSnow                  6
8. pipipipopopo                5
5. ning_chang                 3
2. kussaka                      3
7. mymenace                  2
3. morphtrust                  2
4. pavondunbar                1
9. Mjbmonetarymetals       1
10. B1 Graphics                1

Total: 33 Votes
Breakdown of votes:
1. MagicSnow       4 (16.7%) + 1 Twitter + 1 Coinstack Thread
2. kussaka       3 (12.5%)
3. morphtrust       1 (4.2%)
4. pavondunbar       1 (4.2%)
5. ning_chang       3 (12.5%)
6. ckybe       4 (16.7%) +4 Twitter + 1 BTT Thread
7. mymenace       2 (8.3%)
8. pipipipopopo       5 (20.8%)
9. Mjbmonetarymetals       1 (4.2%)
10. B1 Graphics       0 (0%) + 1 Twitter

Congrats Ckybe you've made a great design. Wink

danonthehill I'm also giving away 500k to anyone who submitted a logo for the contest and so far only morphtrust, pipipipopopo, ning_chang and MagicSnow collected their coins. For the 6 other contributors please post or PM me with your CARB address to collect your coins.
danonthehill (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 03:31:17 PM

Great so that's 2 million each for the designers and 5 million for the winner.

Designers get your Carboncoin wallet here:

windows wallet
ckybe

Activity: 122
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 03:52:14 PM

Wooo )) Thanks for your vote! Thanks for Carbon Team and all competitors!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: