Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:24:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] | BlackCoin Card aka CEX Cards | LibertyCoin Card Coming Soon  (Read 64622 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
acseric

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 05:05:13 PM

I personally have no problem with anything except for the not refunding people part.

Just because something is "Hard" doesnt mean it shouldnt be done.  If you are a businessman like you claim to be, how could you mismanage money donated to your event?  Where is your attention to detail?  Why dont you have an accountant?  You should have a transaction log and be able to tie transactions to fiat.  

Why werent you more organized when you decided to take donations?  

Why would someone want to follow you to your new coin or whatever when you couldnt even handle a small promotion like wallstreet without screwing it up?
deliveryman

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 05:06:00 PM

To all of you crying about Iconic performing a hit-n-run, this is silly.  

Remember that you, solely you, at your discretion and at your own risk, donated and there are no guarantee's in crypto.  I repeat, no guarantees in crypto.  

He doesn't need to take to scam anyone and he knows the potential backlash in doing such would be exponential.  I don't agree with the Red Cross idea but I know that issuing refunds and confirming each transaction would be nightmarish.  And to some conspirators, who's to say you wouldn't lie about whether you received it or not.  After the community split, I wouldn't so put yourself in all shoes except your own, for once.  I do believe the donations should go to a BC Project because BC members donated to the BC cause and if I wanted to donate to Red Cross, I could do that myself with fiat.  

For the record, I donated 1k BC.....I'm not concerned because for me, it can be viewed as money that can be used towards Iconic's future endeavors, which I've already inquired or at the very least, a financial lesson on my part.  

Explore opportunities by turning a potentially bad thing into a good thing, learn from your mistakes and stop bickering.  It's evident a few BC means a lot to some of you. Although $.08 shouldn't be.  We are in a gray shade, Wild West, unregulated, part of the World Wide Web.  If this is too much for you to handle, I suggest you don't ever donate again.  There is and will always be scams/suspicious activity in crypto.  

dude.. okay. the crypto world is full with scammers. doesn't mean hes a prick and to lazy to give people's money back. your naive.
IconicExpert (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 05:06:11 PM
Last edit: May 15, 2014, 05:17:02 PM by IconicExpert

Do people actually read? Noerc made a very good proposal and I accepted it. Most of the people that are yelling "scammer" did not donate to the event. MOST of the people who donated large amounts do not want their donations back. However, there were a lot of small donations and it is not easy to refund.
ScoobyDood

Activity: 171

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 05:07:54 PM

DID YOU SERIOUSLY JUST HAVE THE AUDACITY TO SAY THIS?! What a prude piece of fucking shit. Took peoples money happily when the coin was up! BUT THE SECOND IT GOES DOWN YOU DONT WANT TO PLAY A PART IN BEING FAIR?! YOU ARE FUCKING DONE ICONIC!

Give the funds back to their rightful owners, instead of giving them a choice to just donate to the Red Cross! This would never happen if people hadn't trusted your snake oil bs. You are a con.

Thank you for your comments. I have no desire or need to keep people donations, I am not going to ruin my reputation for a few thousand dollars. Maybe $4500+ is a lot to you, but it isn't for me. Sorry if that sounds snobbish but it is true. I am not interested in ripping people off for less than what I make in selling BC Cards. If you stopped for a second and think instead of ranting like a maniac you would understand that it is not an easy task to refund the donations.

Red Cross WTF does that have to do with anything, donate to the COMMUNITY! Oh wait donating to red cross is like charitable donations on your taxes...BS!
GIVE IT BACK, DIRT BAG!

poop
judgecrypto

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 05:12:29 PM

First of all I would like to say that I believe that Iconic Expert is an honest guy.  I believe it was his efforts that took BC out of the swamps into mainstream.  
When he launches his new coin it will be wildly successful.  If I had not already sold my modest stash of BC I would be begging Iconic to help revive the coin as offered.

Let's be real the Foundation treated him like dirt.  The things about his personal information really crossed a line and he deserves to be pissed at them.

With all that said I stand behind Iconic.  However, it is not a blind following.  I have always stated my difference of opinion when it is there.

With regard to the Wall Street Donations, I believe the entire amount should be transferred to the foundation.  The people who donated did so for the betterment of the Blackcoin.  A donation to the Red Cross does nothing for that.  Then again donating to the Foundation probably doesn't either, BUT it removes any attack vector they would have with him.  

Iconic has amassed a great deal of street cred calling out the foundation and behind the scene stuff.  Put the Wall Street event away in such a manner that is beyond reproach.

As always Iconic you are the man! Looking forward to your coin launch!!!!

Judge Crypto
www.judgecrypto.com
IconicExpert (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 05:12:44 PM

Hum...did ANYONE read the part about happy to move forward with the Wall Street event if the community makes a decision for change? If my goal is to "scam" the community I would just bail. No need to stick around right? Always the same BS...
IconicExpert (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 05:15:33 PM

iconic you still deleting my replies Wink
why arent you following through with the promise to hurt me

please i wanna be hurt Wink

Ash..this community is very small, and you would be surprised what info people would give up for a few BTC. I know you THINK you are untouchable but trust me you are not. You will not know the date or the time, but when it does come you will know why and who did it to you.
StuartGT

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 05:17:36 PM

Refunding all those that donated to the Wall Street promotion shouldn't be too difficult to be fair:
  • Donator PMs IE with the transaction ID and amount of coins sent (BC/BTC/Doge/LTC)
  • IE checks the transaction to confirm it
  • IE repurchases the same amount of coins from the FIAT
  • IE sends the purchased coins back

As prices of the four cryptos have actually dropped since the project fund raising began, purchasing replacement coins to reimburse will actually be cheaper.  And by restricting reimbursements to only those donators who PM the appropriate details, the process will be limited to only those that want refunding.  The rest should be sent to the BC devs or another BC project.
Cryptoolate

Activity: 250
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 05:17:42 PM

dude.. okay. the crypto world is full with scammers. doesn't mean hes a prick and to lazy to give people's money back. your naive.

Dude, thank you for your admission about crypto being full of scammers but you really don't know me to call me naive.  That, not surprisingly in BC threads these days, is counterproductive.  

I won't start something that won't end.  Once again, if nothing else, it was an expensive lesson that I unknowingly paid for.  

AGATE  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ Facebook Telegram Twitter Medium   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   AGATE
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █    PayPal of Cryptocurrencies     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
████  Blockchain Protocol + 12 Working Modules - Use Crypto as Cash  ████
drTEntacle

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 05:17:59 PM

To IconicExpert:  
That's sad... it should not have ended this way.

My following thinking is based on the assumptions:
- Majority of the people who wanted Wall Street Event are long-term holders and BC enthusiasts, for them: 1 BC today == 1 BC a few feeks ago [So they would be fine...]
- To return the money it would be less than ~250 transactions to handle if average donation was ~150BC
 [4500 USD = ~10BTC = ~35000 BC @ price 27k satoshi. ~35000 / 150 = 233.33 transactions to return]

Under this assumptions - correct me if I am wrong - but would it take more than 1 hour of your time to:
- get list of USDs received each day
- ensure "value of BCs in USD today" > "value of BCs in USD at the time of donation"
- buy enough BCs for USD dolars
- pay people with BC

With remaining dolars you can:
a) pay yourself the profit loss during the time spent creating an automated scrypt to send the payments back to people?  
[As we are both programmers we know this can be done using wallet console interface or (in worst case) using the API of Exchanges (Cryptsy PHP API for example)]
b) pay "the monkey" to fill in the addresses to wallet to send the payments (~6 hours?)
c) pay the Red Cross...
qratzpalatz

Activity: 309

Too weird to live,too rare to die ;)

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 05:18:54 PM

Hum...did ANYONE read the part about happy to move forward with the Wall Street event if the community makes a decision for change? If my goal is to "scam" the community I would just bail. No need to stick around right? Always the same BS...

They probably did,and most of them wants their money back. I guess that's a kind of answer.....

You cant just take someone's money ant then say "ok,i will do with it what i said i'm gonna do,but on my own terms",and then be surprised when most of the people are pissed off....
jungleman

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 05:22:40 PM

Iconic, how can you not take criticism when you took people's money ? amazes me

Now as some advice. Its really easy to give donations back. Just check your transaction history and send back the amount BC that was send to you. You dont even have to verify people or ask for people to MSG you.

Just send the BCs back to the adresses it came from...

Dont fool people
IconicExpert (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 05:22:56 PM

To IconicExpert:  
That's sad... it should not have ended this way.

My following thinking is based on the assumptions:
- Majority of the people who wanted Wall Street Event are long-term holders and BC enthusiasts, for them: 1 BC today == 1 BC a few feeks ago [So they would be fine...]
- To return the money it would be less than ~250 transactions to handle if average donation was ~150BC
 [4500 USD = ~10BTC = ~35000 BC @ price 27k satoshi. ~35000 / 150 = 233.33 transactions to return]

Under this assumptions - correct me if I am wrong - but would it take more than 1 hour of your time to:
- get list of USDs received each day
- ensure "value of BCs in USD today" > "value of BCs in USD at the time of donation"
- buy enough BCs for USD dolars
- pay people with BC

With remaining dolars you can:
a) pay yourself the profit loss during the time spent creating an automated scrypt to send the payments back to people?  
[As we are both programmers we know this can be done using wallet console interface or (in worst case) using the API of Exchanges (Cryptsy PHP API for example)]
b) pay "the monkey" to fill in the addresses to wallet to send the payments (~6 hours?)
c) pay the Red Cross...

Here are the issues and I have been thinking of ways to do this effectively.

1. I have to convert into BTC/DOGE/LTC/BC
2. I have to verify each transaction because every scammer will now say he donated when he didn't. Many of the people shouting never donated.
3. There were tons of very tiny donations.

I am more than happy to donate to whatever the community decides. I am NOT interested in keeping the funds.
noerc

Activity: 248

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 05:23:43 PM

I will be donating it along with $1000 of my own money to the Red Cross. Half the people that are spreading fud didn't even donate or donated very little.

Could you make this a community decision? Not that donating to the red cross isn't a very honorable move, it just wasn't the intention of the donators in the first place.

I personally donated 5 LTC, so around 50$. Although this of course was money I don't need for living, this is a considerable fraction of my earnings as a PhD student. When I donated this money my goal was to co-fund a PR project of my investment. When on Christmas somebody knocks at my door and asks for money for the Red Cross I also give something, but with the goal to support the Red Cross project. I would be similarly surprised if the Red Cross would tell me after Christmas that the money was donated to a crypto PR project.

So if we can only use this money as a whole, lets collectively decide what we will do with, ok?

Ok fair enough. I choose the Red Cross because it is an international organization, and BC is an international coin. I also figured it would be good press for BC to donate to a well known cause.

OK, while I agree that charity is important and even became a well established PR model for crypto currencies (see doge), my vote would be to keep the money in the Blackcoin community. Since I understand that this shouldn't be a project that is related to the foundation (sry, I don't even want to be part of this discussion), my suggestion is the following:

Convert the money to BC and put all of them on a BlackCoin card. Then lets make a big contest, maybe best new Blackcoin related product / project / video / whatever by someone coming from the community. For many people this price will be a huge incentive Smiley

EDIT: added IE's suggestion.
IconicExpert (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 05:23:51 PM

They probably did,and most of them wants their money back. I guess that's a kind of answer.....

You cant just take someone's money ant then say "ok,i will do with it what i said i'm gonna do,but on my own terms",and then be surprised when most of the people are pissed off....

Most people aren't pissed off. Just the same crowd that will find issue in whatever I do or say.
IconicExpert (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 05:27:32 PM

OK, while I agree that charity is important and even became a well established PR model for crypto currencies (see doge), my vote would be to keep the money in the Blackcoin community. Since I understand that this shouldn't be a project that is related to the foundation (sry, I don't even want to be part of this discussion), my suggestion is the following:

Convert the money to BC and put all of them on a BlackCoin card. Then lets make a big contest, maybe best new Blackcoin related product / project / video / whatever by someone coming from the community. For many people this price will be a huge incentive Smiley

EDIT: since its getting cluttered here, do you mind moving this to reddit?

Sorry I do not post on Reddit anymore. When everyone calms down we will find a solution most people are happy with. The money is SAFE and not going anywhere.
qratzpalatz

Activity: 309

Too weird to live,too rare to die ;)

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 05:30:06 PM

Most people aren't pissed off. Just the same crowd that will find issue in whatever I do or say.

Well,thats debatable.... Cheesy I don't agree,but let's leave it on that. I dont have intention to argue about this. Everybody has right to opinion...  Smiley
IconicExpert (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 05:33:18 PM

Well,thats debatable.... Cheesy I don't agree,but let's leave it on that. I dont have intention to argue about this. Everybody has right to opinion...  Smiley

Like I said I am willing to work with the community to find an amicable solution.
noerc

Activity: 248

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 05:37:48 PM

Sorry I do not post on Reddit anymore. When everyone calms down we will find a solution most people are happy with. The money is SAFE and not going anywhere.

OK, I added your suggestions as quote in my post above and cross-posted it on reddit to direct other community members to this thread. Hopefully we'll have some nice response.

http://www.reddit.com/r/blackcoin/comments/25n3sy/community_question_what_should_we_do_with_the/

EDIT: Oh and I also posted your suggestion there (with reference to your msg here), so let me know if you want me to replace it by some other text and I will update it immediately.
IconicExpert (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 05:44:29 PM

OK, I added your suggestions as quote in my post above and cross-posted it on reddit to direct other community members to this thread. Hopefully we'll have some nice response.

http://www.reddit.com/r/blackcoin/comments/25n3sy/community_question_what_should_we_do_with_the/

EDIT: Oh and I also posted your suggestion there (with reference to your msg here), so let me know if you want me to replace it by some other text and I will update it immediately.

Ok thank you...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: