Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:04:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][AUTO-SWITCH][Pool Monitoring] stratehm.net website future  (Read 1222 times)
Pfool (OP)

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 03:24:32 PM

Hi guys,

Some of you know my website http://stratehm.net which allows to monitor the following pools: Middlecoin, Wafflepool, Coinshift, Coinsolver. Since the hosting of this site is about 30€ per month and there are not enough donations to absorb the cost of this hosting (not a claim nor a reproach, just a fact Wink, I will stop to host the site in few days.

Moreover, I have no more time to develop more functionalities and to add more pools. So, I am thinking about giving the source code of the site to the community under the GPLv3 licence. What are your feelings about that ? Are some people interested ?

Here after are some technical details:
The back-end done in Java, the front-end in GWT/GXT (using REST services), the database is MongoDB. So this site can be easily hosted for a personal use.

Thank you guys for using (and maybe supporting) my site.

Cheers!

Thanx Wink
BTC: 19wv8FQKv3NkwTdzBCQn1AGsb9ghqBPWXi

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tchockfan

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 04:30:06 PM

I have been using your site for a bit.

Would love to take a look at the source/ try to host for my own farm

Beyond that I have a server that I may be able to provide to keep this going if anyone else is using this.

Thanks!
wdl1908

Activity: 411
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 09:32:25 PM

I'v been using it too and love the interface.

Hope someone else picks it up if/when you release the source.
fulanomengano

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 12:04:20 AM

Hi guys,

Some of you know my website http://stratehm.net which allows to monitor the following pools: Middlecoin, Wafflepool, Coinshift, Coinsolver. Since the hosting of this site is about 30€ per month and there are not enough donations to absorb the cost of this hosting (not a claim nor a reproach, just a fact Wink, I will stop to host the site in few days.

Moreover, I have no more time to develop more functionalities and to add more pools. So, I am thinking about giving the source code of the site to the community under the GPLv3 licence. What are your feelings about that ? Are some people interested ?

The back-end done in Java, the front-end in GWT/GXT (using REST services), the database is MongoDB. So this site can be easily hosted for a personal use.

Cheers!

I would certainly like to keep updating the Java code. I'm not familiar with GWT. Re database, I'm not familiar with MongoDB either, but it shouldn't be a problem migrating it to another database if I face any problems with it.

BTW, have you considered advertising to pay for your site?

FM
Pfool (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 10:22:57 AM

Hi guys,

Cheers!

I would certainly like to keep updating the Java code. I'm not familiar with GWT. Re database, I'm not familiar with MongoDB either, but it shouldn't be a problem migrating it to another database if I face any problems with it.

BTW, have you considered advertising to pay for your site?

FM

Unfortunatly, I have not enough time to add ads and to improve the site...So I hope that somebody will take up the torch...

For the DB, I was primarily using MySQL, but i have migrated to MongoDB, since it is easiest to maintain (just install and ready to use, to add new columns, tables or database, just update the Java model and all is automatic...)

For GWT, since the backend offers REST services, a new GUI can be developed in another technology (Bootstrap, AngularJS, etc.)

The code will be available soon on GitHub.

Thanx Wink
pongomaltina

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 09:20:54 PM

how mutch bandwith and memory required this applliaction? maybe i can give hosting free ... i use your system whit middlecoin for 2 month and i like it...
if is not too dangerous and heavy for my server
Pfool (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 07:32:37 AM

how mutch bandwith and memory required this applliaction? maybe i can give hosting free ... i use your system whit middlecoin for 2 month and i like it...
if is not too dangerous and heavy for my server

The heavier part of the application is the MongoDB memory consumption, with the current database, it needs about 8GB. But it could be drasticly reduced. The Middlecoin database contains all addresses ever used to mine an Middlecoin, since only a few addresses are really monitored by stratehm.net users, it would more efficient to ask for users to "register" their addresses, like on the other pools of the site (Waffle, coinshift and coinsolver). With this improvement, the memory consumption may drop to less than 1GB (and maybe even less) for 1 week of stats. (So it should allow to store more stats history)

For the bandwith, only the initial download of the web app is intensive (and there is no redownload of the app until a new version is released since it is stored in the browser cache). If gzip compression is enabled on the frontend HTTP webserver (Apache Web Server for example), stats request should not be more than few KB each.

The source should be available today. I will post the link to the github repository when ready.

Thanx Wink
Pfool (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 11:46:29 PM

Here is the link: https://github.com/Stratehm/multipool-stats-backend

Thanx Wink
fulanomengano

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 07:22:30 PM

Thanks Pfool. I will try to give it a look later this week. I'm currently working on getting a compiled version of BFGMiner with CPU mining enabled https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=347746. Once that's done, this will be my next project.

FM
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: