Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: del  (Read 1615 times)
myself

del
January 17, 2012, 05:42:34 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2012, 11:08:23 PM by myself

del
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sat0pi

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 05:43:27 PM

This happened just before it went down:

https://i.imgur.com/NWqhe.png
sat0pi

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 05:53:53 PM

I'm still seeing double stars pop up every now and again.
sat0pi

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 05:56:14 PM

Exhibit A:

https://i.imgur.com/cz8BF.png
Dan The Man

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 05:58:15 PM

So does that mean all of the reserves are tied up covering opposing positions? Basically Bitcoinica is out of money.
antoineph

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 06:09:54 PM

imo without additional reserves, forced liquidation WILL solve the problem.

But in which direction?
antoineph

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 06:18:26 PM

look at the order book

Look at the order book the day before yesterday (which was the complete opposite), and then look what happened.

Who knows what's going to happen next?

not me, that's for sure.
tickets

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 06:24:15 PM

The site still seems to be badly malfunctioning.  I just sold about 25 BTC that I had been holding long at an average profit of about 0.11 each - the orders appeared to execute, but no profit was added to my Account balance figures on the right side of the screen.  All the numbers remained unchanged.

This system does not seem ready to use, it should have big red warnings all over ...
SaintFlow

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

The first is by definition not flawed.

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 06:29:09 PM

the bid side tilted

don't let me make you question your assumptions
Mushoz

Activity: 686

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2012, 06:54:22 PM

The site still seems to be badly malfunctioning.  I just sold about 25 BTC that I had been holding long at an average profit of about 0.11 each - the orders appeared to execute, but no profit was added to my Account balance figures on the right side of the screen.  All the numbers remained unchanged.

This system does not seem ready to use, it should have big red warnings all over ...

Did you close your entire position or only partially? You won't get your profits until you've closed your position entirely.

www.bitbuy.nl - Koop eenvoudig, snel en goedkoop bitcoins bij Bitbuy!
tickets

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 06:55:13 PM

Wow, so you are only allowed to have a 'position' with all or none of the BTC you put into the account?

It will only accrue profit or loss once you liquidate all the BTC in your account, but will allow you to buy or short based on partial amounts of what you put in??

Looking at the History, I see multiple numbered 'positions' being liquidated without any profit being logged:
Position #6268 liquidated @ 6.7387
Position #6405 liquidated @ 6.3465

Thats extremely confusing and not explained well or at all on the site where it counts...
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 07:24:39 PM

You can have as big or small a position as you like (with respect to your margin balance, which is in turn based on your chosen leverage).

As you add or remove to your position, you just see the aggregate position to date. Your P/L is only realised when you close out a position fully.

If you reduce a position then your base price changes to reflect this. It's just the way margin trading is implemented on there.

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
Crypt_Current

Activity: 686

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 07:27:37 PM

You can have as big or small a position as you like (with respect to your margin balance, which is in turn based on your chosen leverage).

As you add or remove to your position, you just see the aggregate position to date. Your P/L is only realised when you close out a position fully.

If you reduce a position then your base price changes to reflect this. It's just the way margin trading is implemented on there.

Right, so in this implementation, selling a partial position (when going long) results in a lower base price, rather than any realized P/L.  It still has a purpose, namely helping you prevent your position from forced liquidation.

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
tickets

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 07:39:47 PM

Right, so in this implementation, selling a partial position (when going long) results in a lower base price, rather than any realized P/L.  It still has a purpose, namely helping you prevent your position from forced liquidation.

I noticed that it was deciding which shares to sell for me and adjusting my base price... it sold the highest-priced long shares first, which was fine, but this should be explained ...

As for 'positions', though - I don't get the definition of 'position'... I only saw one position reported on the Trading page, but in History it reports multiple positions being liquidated although I never cashed all out.

As far as I can tell, you only log profits once you have completely cashed out of all 'positions'.. is that correct?

sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 07:54:58 PM

Yeah until that time it shows as unrealised P/L.

The stuff in your history is just individual trades. Your aggregate position is just where you are at right now. The only salient factors being What your respective net dollar position (cost basis) and BTC position is.

Your base price is then cost basis/btc

Your unrealised P/L is: ([bid|ask] - cost basis) * btc

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: