Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 12:58:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HIROCOIN - worth mining or a waste of time?  (Read 746 times)
timk225 (OP)

Activity: 955
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 05:40:23 PM

I've been mining Darkcoin with 16000 Khash of GPUs for the last few weeks and it's been going well, but Darkcoins' rapidly rising difficulty is reducing my profit drastically.  So I'm looking for another X11 coin to mine.

How's the outlook for Hirocoin?  I haven't seen any other X11 coins on coinwarz so I don't know what else is out there.
Bansheroom

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 07:01:39 PM

There are plenty of X11 coins out. Also some X11 POW+POS coins (Badgercoin for example)

Simply use serach function here, enter X11 (maybe + POS, maybe add -Summer to get rid of all these summercoin results)

Always get cryptonews, free bitcoins, free altcoins and free mining opportunities: follow @Bansheroom on Twitter
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 07:34:51 PM

With the exception of the original x11 coin, DarkCoin, x11 coins are all hype. I suggest you do your research. x11 coins are getting raped by FPGA farms in China. They rank among the lowest in terms of profitability, even when you don't factor in power consumption. Here is a site that lists the profitability of the most popular x11 coins without taking into account added costs:

https://cointweak.com/calculator/index/scrypt
Bansheroom

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 07:44:36 PM

X11 FPGAs may exist or not, just rumors afaik. Or have you any proof? Anyway, youre right about that most of them are not real profitable currently.

http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/2014/4/30/x11-fpga-rumours-heres-why-they-probably-arent-true-yet

Always get cryptonews, free bitcoins, free altcoins and free mining opportunities: follow @Bansheroom on Twitter
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 08:14:09 PM
Last edit: May 07, 2014, 08:40:08 PM by Vann

X11 FPGAs may exist or not, just rumors afaik. Or have you any proof? Anyway, youre right about that most of them are not real profitable currently.

http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/2014/4/30/x11-fpga-rumours-heres-why-they-probably-arent-true-yet

That blog has the lamest explanation about why x11 FPGA's don't exist yet. First he admits FPGA could be programed to to mine x11 since it is much less system memory intensive than scrypt, then he goes on to speculate the dramatic increase in x11 hashrate by single miners, which some pools have seen 1.2 - 1.8 GH/s from single miners, is due to GPU farms. How many GPU's do you need for that?

The low profitability of x11 coins even when compared to scypt coins with known ASIC miners confirmed suggests something more may be at play than is currently common knowledge and that fact x11 makes GPU's more energy efficient also suggests they are not ruining at their maximum potential with the current miners wildly available. There are also no facts that show x11 is any less ASIC resistant than scrypt was.

The price of FPGA's have come down substantially, especially in China. You can even buy boards for as little $99:

http://elinux.org/Parallella_Hardware

x11 FPGA farm deniers are starting to sound a lot like scypt ASIC deniers from as little as a few months ago. The fact is if something can be done at a profit, there is no reason to believe it won't be done, that is the nature of entrepreneurialism.
Bansheroom

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 08:27:27 PM

Dont get it wrong, neither me nor the blog says they dont exist.

We both say there is no proof. Regarding to ascis, X11 should be even easier implemented in asic than scrypt afaik.

gts476

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 10:06:35 PM

If you have the ask if mining a coin is a waste of time, you just answered your own question.

G.
RepublicSpace

Activity: 145
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 09:22:59 AM

I don't like that Hirocoin is named after a character from a TV show.
Specifically http://heroeswiki.com/Hiro

This description also needs more explanation for me.
Time Travel limitation reduces the ability for attackers to try and force on very old blocks or very new block to try and change difficulty adjust behaviour. The ability to warp the blockchain time and also been limited. Blocks submitted more than 15 minutes outside of the blockchain's time will be rejected and other nodes cannot affect blockchain time by more than 14 minutes.
DRZoidberg

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 10:07:54 AM

In my opinion every currency worth mining if you that could exchange it for real money.. Wink But looking at the topic here this currency looks promising!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: