Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:35:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Here we go!  (Read 4112 times)
P4man (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 09:58:54 PM

Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 10:01:59 PM

Meh, I'm using it as another opportunity to increase my BTC position.  I sold everything recently and intend to buy back in hopefully in the $4 range, but I've got bids even lower than that.  Already there are enough asks below where I sold to increase my position by a good bit.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
Technomage
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2012, 10:03:33 PM

To me the one and only major reason this dip is happening is Bitcoinica and the problems it's having. Especially with the other developments recently, I see no other possible reason for this.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
StewartJ

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 10:04:06 PM

I love cheap bitcoins. Thank you for selling!
proudhon
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 10:04:27 PM

To me the one and only major reason this dip is happening is Bitcoinica and the problems it's having. Especially with the other developments recently, I see no other possible reason for this.

I'm done with bitcoinica.  Back to good old fashioned MtGox trading for me.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
cloon

Activity: 387

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 10:07:41 PM

I'm done with bitcoinica.  Back to good old fashioned MtGox trading for me.
glad i never used it would suck if i couldn't buy right now^^

Meh, I'm using it as another opportunity to increase my BTC position.  I sold everything recently and intend to buy back in hopefully in the $4 range, but I've got bids even lower than that.  Already there are enough asks below where I sold to increase my position by a good bit.

u know, that if your telling when you'll buy, i will buy cents higher...

donations to 13zWUMSHA7AzGjqWmJNhJLYZxHmjNPKduY
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 10:07:49 PM

this could also be a trap setup to get lots of coins below 7-7.2 with quick sweep later on.  we have seen who ever put the asks wall had huge bids wall before too
Bro

Activity: 218
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 10:11:05 PM

that shit is going down, son

protect the money!!
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4309

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 10:12:40 PM

yep, I caught a couple little swings, but there is just too much explosive downside potential here

setting up short

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 10:15:41 PM

You mean reasons other than a gazillion signs of being in an echo bubble?

Exponential trend-line, lots of price hype, excessive trading on margin, and any news were tied to speculation, not commerce or reasoning as to why the price would rally. They ran out of leverage for the long positions all the time, what the hell? And then everybody was talking about a TV show that perfectly justifies the new prices... oh, and of course an immediate impending rally to 8. And then 9. And single-digit prices suck anyway!

Remember we're still above a 200% rise from the low about two months ago!

People are overdoing it! The later they come to their senses, the harder the landing is. "Rise to the moon right now!" is not a good plan, and if it fails now that's still better than repeating the madness of last year and paying with another exodus in a multi-month bust. If it's not too late to prevent that already.
byronbb
Legendary

Activity: 1414

HODL OR DIE

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 10:16:37 PM

byronbb
Legendary

Activity: 1414

HODL OR DIE

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 10:17:45 PM

In all seriousness though 6.2 is an interesting level.

arepo

Activity: 448

this statement is false

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 10:22:47 PM

Exponential trend-line, lots of price hype, excessive trading on margin, and any news were tied to speculation, not commerce or reasoning as to why the price would rally. They ran out of leverage for the long positions all the time, what the hell? And then everybody was talking about a TV show that perfectly justifies the new prices... oh, and of course an immediate impending rally to 8. And then 9. And single-digit prices suck anyway!

People are overdoing it! The later they come to their senses, the harder the landing is. "Rise to the moon right now!" is not a good plan, and if it fails now that's still better than repeating the madness of last year and paying with another exodus in a multi-month bust. If it's not too late to prevent that already.

you are dumb

markets swing from overbought to oversold. the 200% increase could easily have been a correction from the HISTORIC, UNPRECEDENTED downward momentum of the falling-knife (panic-selling-induced) crash. perhaps this is a sign that the correction is over and $6-$7 is a 'healthy' price range for bitcoin. always think longer term.

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
18N9md2G1oA89kdBuiyJFrtJShuL5iDWDz
StewartJ

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 10:23:04 PM

In all seriousness though 6.2 is an interesting level.

I am in, want to make some goodie profits on the way up to $7 again.

As per the last 3 times....
teflone

Activity: 770

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 10:24:38 PM

I'm done with bitcoinica.  Back to good old fashioned MtGox trading for me.

Smart! Smiley

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
Crypt_Current

Activity: 686

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 10:26:11 PM

holy shit...

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
Technomage
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2012, 10:26:42 PM

You do have a good point here. I've noticed that on average I had much lower expectations from the Good Wife episode than most people had. I was very surprised that it was so good. The boost we got from it was amazing, Google trends haven't spiked this high since June. And we have more money in the market than we have ever had since the summer as well. It's really NOT unreasonable to expect double digit prices soon.

What I miscalculated perhaps was how priced in the Good Wife episode was already. I didn't expect much from it but apparently many did. Or at least many thought that others do, so they speculated on it. Even with this realization I'm quite sure that what Bitcoinica is experiencing right now has a major effect on the market. That's undeniable. A good share of Mt. Gox volume comes from Bitcoinica so when it has problems, there is a strong effect on Mt. Gox.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
proudhon
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 10:28:31 PM

Yikes.  Glad I got out of there.  And I think I might lower some of my bids...

Crypt_Current

Activity: 686

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 10:28:42 PM

Maybe a new, yet big player just wants cheap coins

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 10:28:47 PM

some one is getting all cheap coinz before rally kicks in , i think you guys had been had.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: