Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:32:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New to Crypto Currency Need Advise  (Read 392 times)
alecmerkel (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 09:01:00 PM

Greetings, I'm new to the crypto currency scene and I'm looking to start mining. I have a couple of questions and any help will be greatly appreciated.

I've been mining with my old gaming rig. It has a older gpu that I use to mine DOGE coin and I'm using the CPU to mine DRK at 130k/hash

I have 5,000 USD and looking to start mining. I'm interested in mining DRK simply because I think the x-11 is the strongest.

So I was thinking to get x6 Sapphire R9 290x Tri-X and run them with http://www.asrock.com/mb/intel/h81%20pro%20btc/

Or some ASIC mining rigs from zeus miners http://zeusminer.com/shop/

What will be the most profitable coin to mine? My current cost of electric is 4.730 CENTS. Should I even bother in investing with such a small amount? If so by when should I see my 5000 back? I would love to mine BTC but that seems far fetched.

Any resource links and advice is welcome.

Please don't post ads or links selling me products unless they are with good intention and equipment you are using yourself.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DELTA9

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 12:18:10 AM

What will be the most profitable coin to mine? My current cost of electric is 4.730 CENTS. Should I even bother in investing with such a small amount? If so by when should I see my 5000 back? I would love to mine BTC but that seems far fetched.
I am fairly new to mining as well...currently GPU mining MyriadCoin. In my opinion, the most profitable coin to mine is BlackCoin. If you want to make the most money, use your cash to buy BTC. Now is a great time to buy!
mezmerizer9

Activity: 782
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 01:14:58 AM

I am fairly new to mining as well...currently GPU mining MyriadCoin. In my opinion, the most profitable coin to mine is BlackCoin. If you want to make the most money, use your cash to buy BTC. Now is a great time to buy!

The most profitable is blackcoin? scrypt?

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████?7?3████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution       

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation 

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

alecmerkel (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 04:04:21 AM

The most profitable is blackcoin? scrypt?

Don't know, what's your opinion?
mazuma

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 06:50:32 AM

my friend no one knows how long u wil ROI, few months back retards would tell you " OFCOURSE ITS PROFITABLE, come on in, you will ROI in 5 MONTHS TOPS", none of those guys will tell you that any more. As for your 5000, you need to make a decision, you could buy GPU, pretty cheap, or drop 5000 and buy asic scrypt but prepare to continue staying on top in either scenario. You ROI vary depending on how good you are. Ball park? 7 months to 1.5 years with GPU is my educated guess.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: