Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:02:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [CDA] CanadaCoin- POW/POS countrycoin with CanadaDay AirDrop  (Read 26564 times)
canadacoin147 (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 05:51:27 PM

how is http://cda.luckypool.cn working out.... is anyone having problems with payouts?

they have not updated anything for a very long time.

"  We are investingating issues in the backend. Your shares and hashrate are safe and we will fix things ASAP.

Findblocks disabled, new blocks will currently not show up in the frontend
Payouts disabled, you will not receive any coins to your offline wallet for the time being"

Am i wasting my time mining here?

I've sent PM to the luckypool operator..have not heard back yet.  Sad

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
canadacoin147 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 06:37:21 PM

how is http://cda.luckypool.cn working out.... is anyone having problems with payouts?

they have not updated anything for a very long time.

"  We are investingating issues in the backend. Your shares and hashrate are safe and we will fix things ASAP.

Findblocks disabled, new blocks will currently not show up in the frontend
Payouts disabled, you will not receive any coins to your offline wallet for the time being"

Am i wasting my time mining here?

TrollboxChamp, please contact pool operator member afong9 . he claims there are is nothing wrong with his pool. there is a little bit of a language barrier it seems

canadacoin147 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 08:35:13 PM

afong9  at http://cda.luckypool.cn says:

Compiling linux wallet
Reversal of mine pool server to pay later.

chrison999

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 09:32:27 PM

From here, luckypool.cn seems to be working.  At least my coins are showing now.  Hash rate seems to be right too.

Chris
chrison999

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 09:41:18 PM

@CanadaCoin147:  Any luck getting canadacoin.net up and running yet?

Thanks!

Chris
canadacoin147 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 10:18:39 PM

@CanadaCoin147:  Any luck getting canadacoin.net up and running yet?

yes, back up and nearly ready to roll. see my PM

running 80 Mh/s right now on luckypool...we'll see if officialpool can give them a little competition...

hang tight

canadacoin147 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 10:34:20 PM

Mac OSX wallet now available here

https://mega.co.nz/#!qd1FSZgT!VQU7itXKg4U4Xpg3DXaFO45xwRK7MWZzcDx6UzMYdjc

thanks instamine!

bamsterdam

Activity: 453
Merit: 261

Look Morty magic internet money

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 10:57:01 PM

i think the national coin is all scam,the chinese do!

I wouldn't have made my personal identification public if this was a scam.

This dont have to mean anything. Its not hard to find someone that is on paper the owner, just have to pay them a little. Even if this is not the case its not like there are not any laws for crypto that I know of that could make you go to jail if it was a scam. Would be hard to prove also in court.

Not saying by definition that this coin is a scam but so far every country coin where. Aurora was a nice try I thought 10% picked up there coins so that some accomplishment. But how do you plan to distribute the coins? Canada is really big so how will all the Canadians get there rightful coins?
hercules1600

Activity: 98

Cryptos are amazing, but Fedoracoin takes the cake

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 11:03:25 PM

I would be happy to help with anything including distribution through Toronto if I could see a plan of development, distribution, and well just some specifics. I am an active member in the TIPS Fedoracoin community and would be happy to help a canadian branded coin, if it has a plan.

TiPS (aka FedoraCoin) is the first anonymous cryptocurrency ever! join us at:
http://fedoraco.in/
TIPS - ELws5rL5nFDHBjtp7tneHpQQaaBq5rR7NW
samm1129

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 11:19:31 PM

seems to be mining pretty good in solo. 
Will give it a shot.

Go Canada Go.
mdawg

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 01:24:38 AM

Tell us how the people of canada will be able to claim the coins on canada day and I will support this.

canadacoin147 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 02:08:03 AM

well finally, after a couple false starts, our official pool is back

http://www.canadacoin.net

thanks chrison999 for checking it out before putting it live again.

chrison999

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 02:26:14 AM

well finally, after a couple false starts, our official pool is back

thanks chrison999 for checking it out before putting it live again.

Cool!  Glad to be of help!   Grin

So, come on folks...  let's get some ppl on canadacoin.net and spread the hash rate around a bit!  Cheesy

Regards,

Chris

chrison999

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 02:33:00 AM

btw, looks to me like there's NO FEES on the canadacoin.net pool!  That should entice some folks to switch over!

Chris
canadacoin147 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 02:40:00 AM

Tell us how the people of canada will be able to claim the coins on canada day and I will support this.

I would be happy to help with anything including distribution through Toronto if I could see a plan of development, distribution, and well just some specifics. I am an active member in the TIPS Fedoracoin community and would be happy to help a canadian branded coin, if it has a plan.

thank you for the question, and also to bamsterdam for raising this. I'm sure it's on many others minds

healthy skepticism is a good thing... I dont' want to claim to have we have all the answers to a somewhat complicated problem..someone sent an email saying how totall unrealistic it was to expect 5 million Canadian's to claim coins in 10 months.

the basic plan for the stages is located here. http://www.canadacoin.org/canadacoin-airdrop/ but of course all the details are not spelled out and many still have to be worked through. I am taking the approach that the knowledge "is in the crowd", and there is a pretty smart group of people in this community.

we have been exploring  various options and methods for validation through Facebook App Open Graph plus 2FA mobile, plus other methods for bot spoofing ...we don't have the luxury of a digital ID system in place like Iceland...certainly it will never be 100% fool proof, but if we can eliminate 98%% of the attempted fraud and reach  even close to 1 million people, we will have accomplished an historic acheivement.

We have allocated 9 million coins for development fund and the lions share of this will go to those who are involved in assisting with this effort.

some other ideas that have been suggested and would need to be vetted and developed...

mobilizing a network of commission based CanadaCoin Ambassadors to distribute branded blank paper wallets at universities, high schools, music and sporting events...wallets are activated online and users are taken through a validation process so that it doesn't matter if they receive multiple wallets

there are also old school methods...mail in a letter from Canada with a copy of a utility bill and a CanadaCoin address

if this is indeed to be a  community effort and a "people's currency", then we need people to step forward and get involved, contribute ideas, and programming skill and help us create the most secure and scalable system, that can validate effectively whle ensuring privacy of personal information be used in other countries without national ID systems. we have 49 days left to accomplish this.

SwitchMyCoins

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 02:55:02 AM

I'm in
binaryclock

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 03:04:31 AM

I'm Canadian.

First of all, Country coins are out.  The fad has passed.  Canada will not support this coin at all, trust me.

Secondly, I find it hilarious that the only pool running is a pool based in China, who gives 0 fucks about Canadians or our well being.

DEDICATEDPOOL.COM
tim14

Activity: 176

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 05:14:01 AM

pool not accepting account changes or sending emails to confirm, any fix soon?
canadacoin147 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 11:47:38 AM
Last edit: May 13, 2014, 12:06:06 PM by canadacoin147

I'm Canadian.

First of all, Country coins are out.  The fad has passed.  Canada will not support this coin at all, trust me.

Secondly, I find it hilarious that the only pool running is a pool based in China, who gives 0 fucks about Canadians or our well being.

no, there is also a second pool running, at http://www.canadacoin.net. Help grow the hashrate!

Doesn't matter one iota whether countrycoins are "in or out". We're not trying to ride a pump and dump fad, but get some larger adoption in the mainstream. While the crypto community titilates themselves with the latest new algo, the average person has still not heard of, let alone utilized Bitcoin, not to mention Litecoin or any others.

We are interested in actually creating a working currency, rather than just the typical pump and dump. This is why we made the coin fast (15 second block/3 confirmations). This is why we decided on POS- to pay like a high interest savings and get the interest of Canadians. This is why we want to give them away to merchants and through social media, prior to our CanadaDay Drop, and why we've allocated 1% of premine for development. You will notice that our website is far less focused on tech, and more on simple explainations that the average Canadian can understand.

Our goal is to appeal to the average Canadian not to the Chinese pool operators or really to the majority in this community, many of which only care about which coin will make them the most profit.

We only need enough in this community who care enough about Canada to help make this happen.

Jean Manansalaqoo

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 11:51:00 AM

how to get coins? i can't add the link to my signature
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: