Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 10:17:08 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [CDA] CanadaCoin- POW/POS countrycoin with CanadaDay AirDrop  (Read 26566 times)
canadacoin147 (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 12:08:03 PM

how to get coins? i can't add the link to my signature

have you tried mining coins? I mistyped the link, if you are looking for the new pool http://www.canadacoin.net

Try adding again.

vasyakot

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 01:00:46 PM

I created an account. I can not set the number of purse. Unable to receive mail. What's the problem? Created another account with a different email. The problem is the same.

E-mail confirmations are required for editing your details, changing your password, and withdrawals
  Unable to send mail to your address
  A token was sent to your e-mail that will allow you to edit your account details
  A token was sent to your e-mail that will allow you to change your password
  CanadaCoin pool

I can not change. Where letters?
foodstamps

Activity: 938
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 01:14:22 PM

how to get coins? i can't add the link to my signature

have you tried mining coins? I mistyped the link, if you are looking for the new pool http://www.canadacoin.net

Try adding again.

Your pool is broken. Please stop having people go waste their hash at it until you get the problems fixed. This will kill your coin.

Est. Shares this Round   6228 (done: 30677.46%)

canadacoin147 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 07:58:29 PM

yes, again it appears that I have egg on my face three times with this officialpool. I will pull and not put it back online.

we did have one trusted member test prior to putting it back online for the third time, but though he thought it all looked good, it still did not work...

I will be looking for more talented pool operators to step up.

apologies to everyone who mined...I will send some coins from my personal stake, in proportion to your share, for the time that you have lost in attempting to mine this. miners please PM with your CanadaCoin address

good news is that http://cda.luckypool.cn is going strong at over 20Mh/s and difficulty is low

anyone know of any good pool operators who might be willing to step up?

foodstamps

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 08:09:07 PM

yes, again it appears that I have egg on my face three times with this officialpool. I will pull and not put it back online.

we did have one trusted member test prior to putting it back online for the third time, but though he thought it all looked good, it still did not work...

apologies to everyone who mined...I will send some coins from my personal stake, in proportion to your share, for the time that you have lost in attempting to mine this. miners please PM with your CanadaCoin address

good news is that http://cda.luckypool.cn is going strong at over 20Mh/s and difficulty is low

I think it is as simple as you are forgetting to run chronjobs. Many blocks were being found by your pool, it was just not reflecting on the front-end. I am sure I found tons of blocks(I can see this on my cgminer screen).
canadacoin147 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 08:12:06 PM

Something is odd about this developer, and the way he is constantly trying to get people to "mine" at his broken "pool", and the way he is not active in thread but just pops in every now and then. I would suggest that anyone that has visited his "pool", or definitely anyone that has installed the wallet on their computer to do a full malware scan. something is just not adding up.

Foodstamps, some people were critical of having only a chinese pool to mine at, and there were some early difficulties with that pool, so I attempted to put up another pool as an option. I sourced it to somebody that I trusted to run it, though unfortunately it was not done properly.

I have now posted for anyone who mined here and feels that they have missed out on some coins to PM me and I will provide some coins from my personal stake. I take responsibility for putting this up too green.

I happen to have 3 children, and a life, and have other responsibilities,  so can not be on here 24/7. I think you will see that I have attempted to be as responsiive as possible.

Your accusations of malware are unfounded and malicious and I ask  you to rescind that statement.

canadacoin147 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 08:18:18 PM

I tried to mine it for some hours and having in mind that each block only contains 15 cda while the total supply is 3 billion make it ridiculous..

please keep in mind that this total supply is an estimate...after 60 years! there are 888 million premine but it is likely that only a fraction of these will be claimed and the community will get to input on what is done with the rest.

15 coins per 15 second block is not unreasonable, and the difficulty is low

solo mining is working well, along with the luckypool

chrison999

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 09:05:59 PM

First of all...

I'm the "trusted member" who tested the pool before it was put back online.  What happened was that I was seeing hash rate and my shares were increasing, so I "assumed" everything was fine.  Unfortunately, it *was* hashing and the shares *were* increasing, but no coins were being reflected in my confirmed/unconfirmed balances.  So, as has been said, I probably have coins coming to me but they just weren't being shown on the front end.  I humbly apologize to everyone for mistakenly saying the pool was working correctly so that the devs brought it online when, obviously, it wasn't.  If you're pissed off about mining on a broken pool, blame me, not them.

Secondly...

I've had numerous pm and e-mail conversations with the dev (CanadaCoin147) and, IMHO, he's legit and will do everything he can to make things right.  Has the launch gone badly?  Definitely...  the devs would be the first to acknowledge this!  Is this a scam?  IMHO, I don't think so!  If I did, I'd be the first to say so publicly and warn ppl to NOT get involved with this coin.

As for going forward, I still have hopes that CanadaCoin will be successful, and if asked by the devs to assist in some way I will.  For the coin to succeed, it needs the following things, IMHO:

1.  More pools!  The more ppl mining the coin the more likely it will gain acceptance.

2.  At least one exchange for trading the coin!  No coin will gain acceptance if you can't buy/sell it somewhere.  I'm hoping the devs can get CanadaCoin listed on at least one exchange...  bittrex, poloneix, cryptsy, whatever.

3.  More communications and focus from the devs.  I say this reluctantly because, IMHO, I believe they have tried up to now.  However, because things have been quite messy, I think they need to put more focus into:  (a) getting stuff fixed quickly, and (b) keeping ppl informed here in the forum of what's.

In closing...

That's my $0.02 (CDN$) worth.  Again, I apologize for my part in the problems that have occurred.  And, again, I'm pretty confident the devs will do everything they can to:  (a) make things right with folks, and (b) make the coin a success.

Regards,

Chris
chrison999

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 09:24:05 PM

Btw, I can confirm that I'm getting stake payouts to my wallet.  I have received 2 payouts so far...  0.606164 CDA and 0.772191 CDA.  My balance is 4441.706889 CDA (including these payouts) in case someone wants to check to make sure the interest calculation is correct.

Regards,

Chris
mistercoin
Legendary

Activity: 1044
Merit: 1000

https://r.honeygain.me/XEDDM2B07C

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 09:26:30 PM

Ooooo, i'm canadian and I want to mine so bad, but I need to know the developers are actually develoeprs and not some shills who used coingen.....

canadacoin147 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 10:18:41 PM

Ooooo, i'm canadian and I want to mine so bad, but I need to know the developers are actually develoeprs and not some shills who used coingen.....

the code is published on github, please check it out for yourself.

canadacoin147 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 10:19:57 PM

Great!  Another pool!  That'll help alot!   Smiley

Chris

no, please do not use this pool to mine CanadaCoin...this is not CanadaCoin, our symbol is CDA

chrison999

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 10:45:51 PM

Great!  Another pool!  That'll help alot!   Smiley

Chris

no, please do not use this pool to mine CanadaCoin...this is not CanadaCoin, our symbol is CDA

You're right...  my bad!   Sad  Sad  I have deleted my post.

Chris
canadacoin147 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 11:35:33 PM

blockchain explorer provided by murkster

http://188.226.165.184/canadacoin/block_crawler.php

canadacoin147 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 01:31:17 AM

Here is the list of those who mined for a short time on the officialpool with the blocks that did not pay out...

email team147 [at] canadacoin.org from the same address that you subscribed with your CDA address and I'll provide the coins that your earned plus some bonus coins for your inconvenience

abalam

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 09:47:38 AM

CanadaCoin [CAD] is now on Europex : https://www.europex.eu/#!coin/btc/cda
Only 0.12% exchange fee
Only 0.00002 BTC fee for instant BTC withdraw
Jen Ann4v

Activity: 20

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 11:30:09 AM

It's a kind of environmental coin ,i believe it will develop very well.
dengine

Activity: 29

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 03:17:45 PM

any exchanges?
foodstamps

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 04:01:08 PM

Dear Canadacoin Developer,

I take back the bad stuff I said about you, and wanted to give you advice if you ever decide to release a new coin in the future.

I am a troll account. I was created to troll coins that I thought were detrimental to the community. I am an altcoin miner with a lot of fire-power(a whole fucking lot). I mine most coins at the release, and do very well compared to the btc I would make if I mined at a multi-pool.

The one most important thing to do as a developer is BE ACTIVE during your coins launch. We(the community) do not care if you have a family, or a job, or a sick turtle. We expect you to be active during the first 24-72 hours of launch, no matter what. If you are not active during this key time, your coin will fail. There is no getting around it, either hire somebody to launch your coin, tell your family you are unavailable for the next few days, or find someway to respond to the thread with your coin constantly.

canadacoin147 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 04:10:49 PM

Dear Canadacoin Developer,

I take back the bad stuff I said about you, and wanted to give you advice if you ever decide to release a new coin in the future.

I am a troll account. I was created to troll coins that I thought were detrimental to the community. I am an altcoin miner with a lot of fire-power(a whole fucking lot). I mine most coins at the release, and do very well compared to the btc I would make if I mined at a multi-pool.

The one most important thing to do as a developer is BE ACTIVE during your coins launch. We(the community) do not care if you have a family, or a job, or a sick turtle. We expect you to be active during the first 24-72 hours of launch, no matter what. If you are not active during this key time, your coin will fail. There is no getting around it, either hire somebody to launch your coin, tell your family you are unavailable for the next few days, or find someway to respond to the thread with your coin constantly.

Thanks Foodstamps for the advice...point taken. My first coin release. I'll try to be more ontop of this forum. Lots to juggle. I'm in it for the long-haul. Hopefully folks can see beyond the few early bumps. If anyone wants to get active and help us out...please do step forward.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: