Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 10:54:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [CDA] CanadaCoin- POW/POS countrycoin with CanadaDay AirDrop  (Read 26564 times)
glop

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 12:57:34 AM

Hello,

I have also an issue with transaction as my transaction fail when I try to send coin.

It seems to me having to many transactions into my wallet.

What I do not understand is why POS split transaction by 2 even if it is small transaction. At the beginning I had only one transaction and now with POS I have 4300 different transaction from as low as 1CDA....

Glop:  I'm assuming you're talking about sending coins from your wallet?  Are you getting any error messages?

I, too, have wondered why PoS payouts to my wallet come in pairs but, as far as I can tell, the calcualtion seems to be about right so I'm not terribly worried about it.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Chris

It is simple look into the code, when the POS is calculated the transaction is split in two equal part ( and I think if the transaction is > 2 not sure).

My problem is when I try to send for example 50000 coin is does not work, and I got the message Error: Transaction creation failed. Any Idea ?

The problem for me is when you own more than 1M coin ..... POS is going to split into potentially 1M transaction into your wallet !! weird isn't it ?

canadacoin147 (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 01:13:27 AM

It is simple look into the code, when the POS is calculated the transaction is split in two equal part ( and I think if the transaction is > 2 not sure).

My problem is when I try to send for example 50000 coin is does not work, and I got the message Error: Transaction creation failed. Any Idea ?

The problem for me is when you own more than 1M coin ..... POS is going to split into potentially 1M transaction into your wallet !! weird isn't it ?

Hi Glop

Splitting the stake reward block into two transactions is common for POS coins.

You need to be using coin control feature to clean up your wallet. You'll find it under Options/Display.

Here is a good tutorial on coin control, from the HoboNickel folks. http://wiki.hobonickels.info/index.php?title=Coin_Control

here's a relevent part...hope this helps.

Enabled Coin Control

In the wallet client, go to settings and then select options. Click on the tab that says Display. Check the box that says Display coin control features (experts only!). Press OK.
Select Wallet and Blocks

I select the wallet in the multi-wallet window, this particular wallet is called wallet-mine.

After selecting the wallet I will hit the send coins button.

There will be a box titled Coin Control Features inside of this box I will hit the inputs button. A new window will appear called Coin Control. In this window you have the option to use the tree mode or the list mode, I prefer list mode, but decide yourself which you like the best.

You will see the total amount of coins held in the wallet with the amount of blocks held in the wallet in parenthesis. If you are using tree mode, hit the arrow to expand the view and display your wallet's blocks, if you are using list mode the blocks are already displayed. Select the block with the smallest amount of confirmations. For my transaction I select the 100 [CDA] block with the smallest amount of confirmations, but you are also able to select more than one block if you transaction requires more than one block. Press OK.

You will now be taken back to the Send Coins screen and the details to include in your transaction are prepared for you.
Send the Blocks

This is the important part of the tutorial. I want my 0.0001 transaction fee to be taken out of the block I am sending so that my other two 100 [CDA] blocks do not change their coin age. If the transaction fee is taken out of the wrong block then it will leave me with only one block of 100 [CDA] that has aged five days, and my other 100 [CDA] block will turn into a 99.999 block of [CDA] that will have 0 days of aging.

Look at the information in the Coin Control box. It will tell the amount of blocks you are sending (mine is 1), the amount of [CDA] being removed from your wallet (mine is 100 [CDA]), the transaction fee (0.0001), and the amount that will be received by the other party after the fee is taken into account (mine is 99.999).

Copy the After Fee amount and paste it into the Amount field at the bottom of the client.

Double check the Change = 0.00

Put the receiving wallet address in the Pay To field, not into the custom change address field.

Press Send

My block has now been sent to my friend's address, who will see 99.9999 [CDA] deposited into their wallet. The 0.0001 transaction fee was taken out of the 100 [CDA] block and my other blocks do not have their aging process disturbed.

glop

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 01:53:57 AM

Hi Glop

Splitting the stake reward block into two transactions is common for POS coins.

You need to be using coin control feature to clean up your wallet. You'll find it under Options/Display.

Here is a good tutorial on coin control, from the HoboNickel folks. http://wiki.hobonickels.info/index.php?title=Coin_Control

here's a relevent part...hope this helps.

Enabled Coin Control

In the wallet client, go to settings and then select options. Click on the tab that says Display. Check the box that says Display coin control features (experts only!). Press OK.
Select Wallet and Blocks

I select the wallet in the multi-wallet window, this particular wallet is called wallet-mine.

After selecting the wallet I will hit the send coins button.

There will be a box titled Coin Control Features inside of this box I will hit the inputs button. A new window will appear called Coin Control. In this window you have the option to use the tree mode or the list mode, I prefer list mode, but decide yourself which you like the best.

You will see the total amount of coins held in the wallet with the amount of blocks held in the wallet in parenthesis. If you are using tree mode, hit the arrow to expand the view and display your wallet's blocks, if you are using list mode the blocks are already displayed. Select the block with the smallest amount of confirmations. For my transaction I select the 100 [CDA] block with the smallest amount of confirmations, but you are also able to select more than one block if you transaction requires more than one block. Press OK.

You will now be taken back to the Send Coins screen and the details to include in your transaction are prepared for you.
Send the Blocks

This is the important part of the tutorial. I want my 0.0001 transaction fee to be taken out of the block I am sending so that my other two 100 [CDA] blocks do not change their coin age. If the transaction fee is taken out of the wrong block then it will leave me with only one block of 100 [CDA] that has aged five days, and my other 100 [CDA] block will turn into a 99.999 block of [CDA] that will have 0 days of aging.

Look at the information in the Coin Control box. It will tell the amount of blocks you are sending (mine is 1), the amount of [CDA] being removed from your wallet (mine is 100 [CDA]), the transaction fee (0.0001), and the amount that will be received by the other party after the fee is taken into account (mine is 99.999).

Copy the After Fee amount and paste it into the Amount field at the bottom of the client.

Double check the Change = 0.00

Put the receiving wallet address in the Pay To field, not into the custom change address field.

Press Send

My block has now been sent to my friend's address, who will see 99.9999 [CDA] deposited into their wallet. The 0.0001 transaction fee was taken out of the 100 [CDA] block and my other blocks do not have their aging process disturbed.

Thanks, Very interesting indeed.

I had to split my transfer in many small transfer and to concatenate
chrison999

Activity: 216

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 03:50:29 AM

@canadacoin147:  Is glop's problem sending large sums related to the issue the Pool was having doing withdrawals of large sums of CDA?  Has the dev made any progress on that front?

Thanks!

Chris
canadacoin147 (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 06:45:49 PM

@canadacoin147:  Is glop's problem sending large sums related to the issue the Pool was having doing withdrawals of large sums of CDA?  Has the dev made any progress on that front?

Thanks!

Chris

I don't think so. I have sent far larger amounts from the wallet without any problems. I think Glops' issue was the result of many small transaction blocks mined on his wallet. He was trying to send a larger amount than he has in any one block so he needs to select from the smaller blocks in coin control to make up the 50k that he is trying to send. Glop can you confirm that you are able to send the 50K using the coin control feature?

Dev is still looking into that issue with large amount not drawing automatically from mining pools. Hasn't come up with the reason why this would be the case...still thinks it is MPOS issue at this point.

chrison999

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 06:55:26 PM

Thanks!

Chris

I don't think so. I have sent far larger amounts from the wallet without any problems. I think Glops' issue was the result of many small transaction blocks mined on his wallet. He was trying to send a larger amount than he has in any one block so he needs to select from the smaller blocks in coin control to make up the 50k that he is trying to send. Glop can you confirm that you are able to send the 50K using the coin control feature?

Thanks for that info.  I've not sent much from my wallet (I'm hoarding!  LOL!) so I was thinking it might be related.

Quote from: canadacoin147
Dev is still looking into that issue with large amount not drawing automatically from mining pools. Hasn't come up with the reason why this would be the case...still thinks it is MPOS issue at this point.

Thanks for that update.  Of course, the folks over at MPOS say it's a coin daemon problem.  Smiley  Anyway, it's not a huge issue so life just goes one.

Regards,

Chris
canadacoin147 (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 05:13:30 AM
Last edit: June 02, 2014, 05:34:11 PM by canadacoin147

Any merchant doing business with Canadians can sign up for free CanadaCoins on our site. 500 to 5000 (or more) CDA for accepting CanadaCoins.

After 10 months, whatever coins are left from the 100 million allocated will be put into a Small Business Fund for funding small Canadian businesses supporting the CanadaCoin digital community.

http://www.canadacoin.org/merchants-signup/

We're still working on the affiliate feature and the merchant directory.

chrison999

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 05:16:05 PM

Any merchant doing business with Canadians can sign up for free CanadaCoins on our site. 500 to 5000 (or more) CDA for accepting CanadaCoins.

After 10 months, whatever coins are left from the 100 million allocated will be put into a Small Business Fund for funding small Canadian businesses supporting the CanadaCoin digital community.

http://www.canadacoin.org

Maybe I'm just old and senile, but I couldn't find a link to sign-up my business.  Could you post a direct link, please?

Thanks!

Regards,

Chris

P.S.  Is there a bounty for being first?   Wink  Grin
canadacoin147 (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 05:36:41 PM

http://www.canadacoin.org

Maybe I'm just old and senile, but I couldn't find a link to sign-up my business.  Could you post a direct link, please?

Thanks!

Regards,

Chris

P.S.  Is there a bounty for being first?   Wink  Grin

sorry, i've edited the post. here it is http://www.canadacoin.org/merchants-signup/

there is a 500 coin bonus for first 50 businesses.

we'll continue to tweak the form and program based on feedback, so please let me know how you make out.

chrison999

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 06:05:00 PM

sorry, i've edited the post. here it is http://www.canadacoin.org/merchants-signup/

there is a 500 coin bonus for first 50 businesses.

we'll continue to tweak the form and program based on feedback, so please let me know how you make out.

Cool!

I signed up.  All went well.  Thanks!

Chris
glop

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 04:27:03 AM

Thanks!

Chris

The issue was effectively number of transaction to important, but not from mining. I sent directly in my wallet 1 unique transaction of approximately 80000 coin, but after a while staking processes has changed my unique transaction in 4300 transaction.

Effectively, the staking process take transaction, then calculates the interests, then delete the old transaction and then split the new calculated amount in two, then create two new transaction with that amount and so on....... The result is: if you do not touch your wallet and turn the staking on, you will have in your wallet thousand of transaction and you will not bee able to do any important transfer without transaction concatenation.

I just think that will be an issue for lot of people (  with no TI knowledge )

TillKoeln
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1051

unnamed.Exchange, join the Cool Kids!!!

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 04:50:29 AM

can anyone help me , i dont get any Transfers since 5 hours
and no sync.

ty

canadacoin147 (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 04:53:44 AM

Thanks!

Chris

The issue was effectively number of transaction to important, but not from mining. I sent directly in my wallet 1 unique transaction of approximately 80000 coin, but after a while staking processes has changed my unique transaction in 4300 transaction.

Effectively, the staking process take transaction, then calculates the interests, then delete the old transaction and then split the new calculated amount in two, then create two new transaction with that amount and so on....... The result is: if you do not touch your wallet and turn the staking on, you will have in your wallet thousand of transaction and you will not bee able to do any important transfer without transaction concatenation.

I just think that will be an issue for lot of people (  with no TI knowledge )

I don't think our stake reward allocation method is any different from other POS coins, but yes, i agree that the average person will have some challenges and a learning curve in using the advanced coin control. Perhaps there is a way to add a feature to automatically consolidate coins into one address.  If you know of any other coin that deals with this in a more user friendly way, please do let us know.

canadacoin147 (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 05:26:54 AM
Last edit: June 06, 2014, 02:28:34 AM by canadacoin147

can anyone help me , i dont get any Transfers since 5 hours
and no sync.

ty

Well minimum stake time is 6 hours, and then it has to queue up with everyone else's coinage in the network. The blocks are moving fast because of low difficulty (about 5 seconds instead of 15) and it could take your wallet a bit longer to sync up. You should still generate stake without being fully synced. I just did, so staking is working fine.  We have now passed 222,000 blocks! This means that we are now at nearly 50% of total blocks found, in under one month. 90 days was an estimate based on 15 second block time. AFter block 518400 we are in full POS mode, which at this rate is about 30 more days! (corrected from past post...sorry)

Let me know if you don't receive new stake within the next couple hours.

canadacoin147 (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 05:49:53 PM

List with updated bounties and JOBS  at CanadaCoin http://www.canadacoin.org/jobs/

Other skills you have and think could be useful? Step up and tell us about them.

allcrypt

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2014, 05:18:29 PM

CanadaCoin has been added to AllCrypt.com!

AllCrypt.com - Your new CryptoCurrency Exchange Now Open! www.AllCrypt.com
khuram8494

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 05:29:34 PM

any coin with airdrop been proven that it's liar
 Shocked so be aware of them in all prfo level they scam to all of them so it proven be sammer should be aware of then lyk other people are saying Cool
chrison999

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 05:33:51 PM

any coin with airdrop been proven that it's liar
 Shocked so be aware of them in all prfo level they scam to all of them so it proven be sammer should be aware of then lyk other people are saying Cool

Of course, you're entitled to your opinion but before you start calling people liars perhaps you should wait and see if, in fact, they lied?  The Canada Coin Airdrop is scheduled for Canada Day, July 1st, so personally I'll wait until that day comes and goes before I start throwing accusations around.

Regards,

Chris

P.S.  Your typing sucks!  Smiley
canadacoin147 (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2014, 06:49:50 PM

CanadaCoin has been added to AllCrypt.com!

thanks for the add! looks like a solid exchange. I like the many security features.

Retweeted, and will post on our site.

CoinBounties

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 06:55:48 PM

CanadaCoin bounties are now updated on:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: