Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 08:39:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [CDA] CanadaCoin- POW/POS countrycoin with CanadaDay AirDrop  (Read 26566 times)
canadacoin147 (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 02:33:38 AM

Hey folks...paper wallets now available at http://paperwallet.canadacoin.net/

CryptoBlox

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 03:15:45 AM

Mine CanadaCoins directly to your wallet at CryptoBlox!

No Registration Required!

Just point your miners to our stratum server and use your wallet address as your username!

Stratum Server: mine.cryptoblox.com:3310
Username: Your CanadaCoin Wallet Address
Password: Anything

CryptoBlox Mining Portal: mine.cryptoblox.com

www.CryptoBlox.com - 10+ Faucets, Block Explorers, Resources, and Mining Portal!

BTC = 1G1gKi3V5hvdB1ghYu4MykGGrJ2jfjqpm3
runall

Activity: 175

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 03:19:50 AM

The idea here is the same as that of Auroracoin?
canadacoin147 (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 04:38:35 AM

The idea here is the same as that of Auroracoin?

Similar idea that money should really be owned by the people, held as a commons, and distributed to the people for their use.

Some differences...

1. Our coin is hybrid POW/POS, with POW ending in about 30 more days at current rate of mining.
2. Our coin pays 15% stake reward (interest) in year 1, 12.5% year 2 etc.
3. Our premine giveaway is much higher as a percentage of total coins outstanding...though that is theoretical until people claim them. users will have a vote on what do to with them.
4. We have coins for merchants, social media sharing (coming soon) and causes as well as people of Canada.
5. Obviously differences in our POW payouts and coin specs.

Thanks for asking!

clapperhead

Activity: 103

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 11:10:59 PM

Dead air here.
canadacoin147 (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 11:19:49 PM

We are gearing up here for a major PR efforts in the  next week, which we are investing 1BTC in this effort, which should give us good exposure through major Canadian and International media, as well as Bitcoin news services.

Also in process:

1. Adding SMS mobile validation on the CanadaDay AirDrop signup, in place of the document upload, which has been a major friction point.
2. Adding Ambassador Rewards Program to the above, so that everyone who signs up will be able to get 75 additional coins for each friend that they invite that joins- sharing by direct URL, embedded URL, facebook, twitter and linkedin.
3. Adding a social media enabled faucet so that anyone, not just Canadians can earn coins by Facebook and Twitter share.

If anyone wants to step forward to take on the bigger exchanges, please PM me. Will be a very good bounty for direct efforts in getting us listed.

virtualdn
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1093

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 06:37:29 PM

http://coinok.pw will provide you faucet and explorer. coming soon!

1 BTC = 1 BTC
virtualdn
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1093

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 08:58:56 PM

faucet (please allow for all blockchain to load)
http://coinok.pw/faucet/cda/

explorer
http://coinok.pw/explorer/cda

1 BTC = 1 BTC
Leesminer

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 12:45:27 AM

Been away for a while, nice to see Canada CDA progress.  Liked the coin and the Dev off the jump, slow steady build!  noticed its also on Allcrypt now too.  Good job guys. 
Leesminer

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 12:49:44 AM

We are gearing up here for a major PR efforts in the  next week, which we are investing 1BTC in this effort, which should give us good exposure through major Canadian and International media, as well as Bitcoin news services.

Also in process:

1. Adding SMS mobile validation on the CanadaDay AirDrop signup, in place of the document upload, which has been a major friction point.
2. Adding Ambassador Rewards Program to the above, so that everyone who signs up will be able to get 75 additional coins for each friend that they invite that joins- sharing by direct URL, embedded URL, facebook, twitter and linkedin.
3. Adding a social media enabled faucet so that anyone, not just Canadians can earn coins by Facebook and Twitter share.

If anyone wants to step forward to take on the bigger exchanges, please PM me. Will be a very good bounty for direct efforts in getting us listed.

I think now is a great time for at least Bittrex to list CDA.  I just sent a tweet, with Canada day around the corner its a perfect time to see good volume on CDA if they listed.  Made my case with them again!
glop

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 03:32:18 PM

@canadacoin147:  Is glop's problem sending large sums related to the issue the Pool was having doing withdrawals of large sums of CDA?  Has the dev made any progress on that front?

Thanks!

Chris

I don't think so. I have sent far larger amounts from the wallet without any problems. I think Glops' issue was the result of many small transaction blocks mined on his wallet. He was trying to send a larger amount than he has in any one block so he needs to select from the smaller blocks in coin control to make up the 50k that he is trying to send. Glop can you confirm that you are able to send the 50K using the coin control feature?

Dev is still looking into that issue with large amount not drawing automatically from mining pools. Hasn't come up with the reason why this would be the case...still thinks it is MPOS issue at this point.

The issue was effectively number of transaction to important, but not from mining. I sent directly in my wallet 1 unique transaction of approximately 80000 coin, but after a while staking processes has changed my unique transaction in 4300 transaction.

Effectively, the staking process take transaction, then calculates the interests, then delete the old transaction and then split the new calculated amount in two, then create two new transaction with that amount and so on....... The result is: if you do not touch your wallet and turn the staking on, you will have in your wallet thousand of transaction and you will not bee able to do any important transfer without transaction concatenation.

I just think that will be an issue for lot of people (  with no TI knowledge )

I don't think our stake reward allocation method is any different from other POS coins, but yes, i agree that the average person will have some challenges and a learning curve in using the advanced coin control. Perhaps there is a way to add a feature to automatically consolidate coins into one address.  If you know of any other coin that deals with this in a more user friendly way, please do let us know.

Hi,

After a while, I can say that the split of the transaction in the POS algo generates some issues, it creates many transaction into your wallet.

It can be addressed of course with a consolidation of many transaction into one big transaction with a certain amount of manipulations and fees but the number of transaction remain the same into your wallet (historic).

Actually I have about 15000 transaction into my wallet that takes lot of resource only to visualize your wallet and the performance is going down.

I think it will makes sense not to split the transaction under a certain amount. IE: a split of 2 coin makes not sense for me.

The split should be limited at 100 , 1000, 10000 .... whatever level to limit the number of split into a reasonable amount of transaction. A batch is also an idea to treat the many small coin you have into your wallet but the number of transaction will continue to increase.

Every coin will experience the same issue with this algorithm. CanadaCoin is going to be (more) rapidly sensitive to that problematic because of the number of coin generated (target) and the speed to generate BLOCK and POS.

dickwhite

Activity: 225

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 02:00:57 AM

Hey guys,
I've been trying to build the wallet on Ubuntu 14.04 but am running into these errors:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_system-mgw46-mt-sd-1_53
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_filesystem-mgw46-mt-sd-1_53
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_program_options-mgw46-mt-sd-1_53
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_thread-mgw46-mt-sd-1_53
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [canadacoin-qt] Error 1

I have all Bitcoin wallet dependencies met and libboost-all v1.54. Seems to want 1.53 though.
Tried adding Saucy repos but I run into unmet dependencies. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction. TIA.
glop

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 02:21:58 AM

Hey guys,
I've been trying to build the wallet on Ubuntu 14.04 but am running into these errors:

I have all Bitcoin wallet dependencies met and libboost-all v1.54. Seems to want 1.53 though.
Tried adding Saucy repos but I run into unmet dependencies. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction. TIA.

if you have already installed libboost with a different version,

In the file: canadacoin-qt.pro

backup your file then,
      Remove all the ref to libboost  and make

works for me.

chrison999

Activity: 216

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 02:31:08 AM

Actually, iirc is you just open canadacoin-qt.pro in a text editor and take out references to "mgw46" I'm pretty sure it'll work.  So, for instance, this:

-lboost_filesystem-mgw46-mt-sd-1_53

will become this:

-lboost_filesystem-sd-1_53

It's been quite awhile since I did this so that might not be quite right, but it'll be close.

Regards,

Chris
dickwhite

Activity: 225

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 01:30:49 AM

Hey guys,

if you have already installed libboost with a different version,

In the file: canadacoin-qt.pro

backup your file then,
      Remove all the ref to libboost  and make

works for me.

And it worked for me, too. Thanks so much.
canadacoin147 (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 05:02:55 AM
Last edit: June 28, 2014, 06:12:40 AM by canadacoin147

Only 3 days left till Canada Day!

We've now completed a more streamlined and faster verification process for Canadians to claim their coins at

http://www.canadacoin.org/canada-day-airdrop-signup/

There are now 4 verification options:
1. SMS to Canadian number
2. Voice call verification to Canadian number
3. Document upload for Canadian citizens
4. Document upload for Canadian residents.

Information on forms is all encrypted on server.

We are also providing a 2000 CDA bonus to the first 1000 Canadians to sign up, retroactive.

In addtion, anyone who signs up is automatically enrolled in our Ambassador Rewards program which provides them with an affiliate link to send out on Facebook, Twitter, email etc that will earn them 147 coins for each referral that also signs up.

You are the first to hear about it!

Thanks for your support. We'll be ramping up PR this weekend.

Any feedback, please do let me know.

chrison999

Activity: 216

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 05:27:44 PM

SIGH!  It seems that whenever there's a problem with the CanadaCoin Pool it happens when I'm sleeping.   Sad

The payouts stopped working sometime overnight so even though folks were mining and finding coins nobody was getting the credits in their account.  This has now been fixed and everything is up to date.

Thanks to William and Tom for letting me know about the problem!  Sorry for any inconvience to them or anyone else!

Regards,

Chris
CanadaCoin Pool Op
ihascryptos

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

Am i broke yet?

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 04:48:54 AM

im having issues with the windows wallet. downloaded it today.  it will sync a few blocks and hang up and then i have to restart the wallet to make it start syncing again.   it this rate i may be able to sync it in 12 or 14 hours with hundreds of restarts

I like tacos!
canadacoin147 (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 05:50:19 PM

im having issues with the windows wallet. downloaded it today.  it will sync a few blocks and hang up and then i have to restart the wallet to make it start syncing again.   it this rate i may be able to sync it in 12 or 14 hours with hundreds of restarts

I've done a clean download and install to test and it is working fine for me. THe block is quite large, because of the fast block time, so yes it will take a while. sorry, I'm not sure why that could be happening for you.

ihascryptos

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

Am i broke yet?

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 10:16:44 PM

i think its just going really slow.

got any extra nodes to speed it up?

I like tacos!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: