Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 01:18:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Scrypt-N, Scrypt-Jane, X11 etc  (Read 628 times)
usao (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 01:59:19 AM

Is there a single cgminer capable of mining all these coin types, or are they separate programs?
Can anyone point me to where I can find these for either Windows or Linux?
If not cgminer, is there an alternative GPU/CPU oriented miner available?
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 01:49:27 PM

are any of these alternative algorithms more profitable than scrypt for GPU mining right now?  my daily scrypt profits on a 2MH/s rig are dwindling and will be less than power costs before long

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
usao (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 03:16:29 PM

are any of these alternative algorithms more profitable than scrypt for GPU mining right now?  my daily scrypt profits on a 2MH/s rig are dwindling and will be less than power costs before long
I did find a miner called yacminer which does normal scrypt, Scrypt-N, Scrypt-Jane all in one program.
I switched to VTC about 1.5 months ago and doubled my $/day. These alternative script coins seem to be fairing better than plain scrypt.
Ive got a total of 7 GPU rigs, with 2 on VTC/MON and the other 5 running on scryptguild.com
Getting what I feel is a decent return, my rigs reached ROI back in Feb, even including electricity.
It's not going to be worth it for me to setup AC for my rigs though, so I have been starting to dial-back the intensity when it get's hot (in the garage).
What I need to do is get all my rigs converted to Scrypt-N/Jane and I should be good for a while longer.
captchunk

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 03:17:58 AM

What about groestl? Much less power consumption for a much higher hash rate. Myriad shows some promise; plus Diamond (DMD) who could be considered an "old school" coin (therefore ruling them out from being a  "pump and dump", since the the development team has far fewer DMD than early adopters)  point just switched to groestl algo, with a 50% proof of stake kicking in a few years down the line.

It's an interesting move, to be certain.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: