Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:08:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Community ASIC project SPLIT FROM: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 856 times)
FUKT (OP)

Activity: 446
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 12:28:53 AM

Just to throw fuel on the fire; having spent the last 4 months researching ASIC development and also travelling to meet with designers in countries such as Germany, United States, Taiwan and even Canada I can safely say that Bitcoin mining hardware is the biggest ponzi scam of all.

Some people may disagree but this is one area of Bitcoin that needs regulation. These companies, not just pre-order, but all bitcoin hardware companies are ripping you off. To design and produce a 28nm AISC you are looking at $1.10/Gh/s USD, bear in mind that this includes NRE costs. A second batch should significally drop to about 0.70-0.80/Gh/s USD (minus the NRE costs). I personally know of three ASIC designers that have chips designed at power requirements of under 0.30Watts/Gh/s, one of them even comes in at 0.175Watts/Gh/s.

I think its time to switch from buying hardware to producing hardware ourselves and implementing said hardware in data centres. The ironic point about this idea is that the community (for better word) has already done this numerous times with hardware, we are the ones paying NRE on the first batches, we are the ones funding production and to be quite honest we are the ones funding hardware manufacturers profits. Bitcoin miners should not have to speculate on a speculation!

To that end I will be launching a community project in about two weeks with the intention of producing our own miners for data centre use. No more mark ups, no more speculation and full transparency.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ivanlabrie

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 01:17:33 AM

Just to throw fuel on the fire; having spent the last 4 months researching ASIC development and also travelling to meet with designers in countries such as Germany, United States, Taiwan and even Canada I can safely say that Bitcoin mining hardware is the biggest ponzi scam of all.

Some people may disagree but this is one area of Bitcoin that needs regulation. These companies, not just pre-order, but all bitcoin hardware companies are ripping you off. To design and produce a 28nm AISC you are looking at $1.10/Gh/s USD, bear in mind that this includes NRE costs. A second batch should significally drop to about 0.70-0.80/Gh/s USD (minus the NRE costs). I personally know of three ASIC designers that have chips designed at power requirements of under 0.30Watts/Gh/s, one of them even comes in at 0.175Watts/Gh/s.

I think its time to switch from buying hardware to producing hardware ourselves and implementing said hardware in data centres. The ironic point about this idea is that the community (for better word) has already done this numerous times with hardware, we are the ones paying NRE on the first batches, we are the ones funding production and to be quite honest we are the ones funding hardware manufacturers profits. Bitcoin miners should not have to speculate on a speculation!

To that end I will be launching a community project in about two weeks with the intention of producing our own miners for data centre use. No more mark ups, no more speculation and full transparency.

Hells to the yeah!

I'm in.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 01:23:44 AM

How do I go about joining your team? Seriously!

~Bruno Kucinskas
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 01:50:32 AM

Count me in.
ivanlabrie

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 01:50:37 AM

We need a new thread...I'm down, already expressed my sentiments about the idea.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 01:58:40 AM

another pre-order scenario?... wonderful
No speculation eh?  Can you explain that a bit more?

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
FUKT (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 02:16:27 AM

another pre-order scenario?... wonderful
No speculation eh?  Can you explain that a bit more?

No pre order. Everyone owns a share of hashrate, everyone votes on issues. No mark ups on hardware. All funds kept in escrow till funding secured. Independent assessor hired for reporting . . .  no premining, hidden mining >>> funds in = funds out = hashrate delivered. Will be launching in about two to four weeks, lots more to announce, stay tuned.

Also, I know we are all disillusioned and jaded but this is a chance to move away from the traditional systems that some of us have been a part of.
FUKT (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 02:37:59 AM

Requesting thread deletion, will create seperate thread soon for launch.
raskul

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 02:38:50 AM

just putting this out there.

you talk a lot of guff.

waffle blah waffle blah

it awreddy happened dude.
best luck

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
ivanlabrie

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 02:42:58 AM

I didn't see knc or others promising any of these things...we'll see, but if he keeps his word I'm an investor.
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 02:52:42 AM

So this is basically going to be a mining stock?

I don't see this working out at all.

Few questions that need answers:

1. The team. Who will run this project? Professionals? Hobbyists? (not talking about just asic designers)

Why should we trust you? This seems like a preorder for a deam asic run by an disgruntled customer with no experience in the field (4 months of research doesn't cut it). Why would we send you our money if professionals fail to deliver 90% of the time?

2. Manufacturing costs. Care to elaborate?

You claim $1.10/gh but that is about as vague as it gets. Is $1.10/gh for a completed machine or just the chip? How much PH must be produced for it to reach $1.10/gh? What is the NRE cost? Wafer cost per GH?

BTW bitmain is already at about $1.25/gh for completed machines.

3. Performance. You claim 0.3-0.175w/gh but where is the evidence to back this up? Who designed the chips and why should we believe their estimations? Has the team made 28nm chips/any chips before? Why have they not tried to sell their design?

What is the chip cost/gh at 0.175w/gh excluding NRE?

Sounds to me like you will be asking the community for 20,000 btc so you can try to produce hardware which will ultimately be too late and too inefficient to be profitable assuming anything materializes at all.
FUKT (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 02:57:47 AM

So this is basically going to be a mining stock?

I don't see this working out at all.

Few questions that need answers:

1. The team. Who will run this project? Professionals? Hobbyists? (not talking about just asic designers)

Why should we trust you? This seems like a preorder for a deam asic run by an disgruntled customer with no experience in the field (4 months of research doesn't cut it). Why would we send you our money if professionals fail to deliver 90% of the time?

2. Manufacturing costs. Care to elaborate?

You claim $1.10/gh but that is about as vague as it gets. Is $1.10/gh for a completed machine or just the chip? How much PH must be produced for it to reach $1.10/gh? What is the NRE cost? Wafer cost per GH?

BTW bitmain is already at about $1.25/gh for completed machines.

3. Performance. You claim 0.3-0.175w/gh but where is the evidence to back this up? Who designed the chips and why should we believe their estimations? Has the team made 28nm chips/any chips before? Why have they not tried to sell their design?

What is the chip cost/gh at 0.175w/gh excluding NRE?

Sounds to me like you will be asking the community for 20,000 btc so you can try to produce hardware which will ultimately be too late and too inefficient to be profitable assuming anything materializes at all.

This is not a launch thread, however when project is announced all your questions will be answered.
sbfree

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 03:03:21 AM

fukt, i might be in as long as i don't get fukd Grin

show us what you got!
FUKT (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 03:36:20 AM

Locking thread. Will announce on new thread soon.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: