Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:57:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the Bitcoin Community Under Attack?  (Read 3963 times)
cottoneyeJoe

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 03:08:59 AM

So I just read the pool thread and ABCPool is being DDOS'd. Do you retract your comment about me spreading FUD yet  because this seems to fit within my theory.

Just coincidentally corroborated. Still FUD. Oh and DDOS < MITM. way.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bittenbob (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 03:18:42 AM

So I just read the pool thread and ABCPool is being DDOS'd. Do you retract your comment about me spreading FUD yet  because this seems to fit within my theory.

Just coincidentally corroborated. Still FUD. Oh and DDOS < MITM. way.

I am aware that a 5 year old could pull off a DDOS and it is much simpler than a MITM. MITM is still not all that difficult and can be done with anyone using backtrack and googling how to do it.

If you notice the thread has a question mark and is a question, not a statement. I was asking and it was just weird that what I use to both mine and sell/buy bitcoin went down around the same time.

It's funny when people say all I do is spread FUD because the majority of my posts are about being bullish which would be counter productive.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 04:04:59 AM

Please explain how a 5 year old does a MITM on an https host.  I would love to hire that 5 year old for some network security work.
Eveofwar

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 04:08:47 AM

Please explain how a 5 year old does a MITM on an https host.  I would love to hire that 5 year old for some network security work.

You have to use Google to find Backtrack and learn how to use it...hurry, you have 52 minutes before Wikipedia and Google resources are null.
bittenbob (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 04:14:20 AM

I said a 5 year old could DDOS. There is a reason they call them script kiddies and thats because its so simple. A MITM is a little more difficult and i probably could have done it at 14. At that time I was hacking/hijacking corporate networks. I don't use my computer skills for such purposes anymore but its not as difficult as people make it out to be.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 04:21:51 AM

Blerg, blerg, blerg,  self fellatio, avoid answering questions, blerg, blerg.
bittenbob (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 04:27:57 AM

I didn't say that a 5 year old could DDOS so there was no need to answer his question. You made a very inappropriate and irrelevant comment. Do not post in my thread if you are going to be an idiot.

A DDOS can be done from a downloadable program. If you want someone to teach you to hack I won't be the one telling you directly. I probably already said too much by saying backtrack.
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 04:31:15 AM

I didn't say that a 5 year old could DDOS so there was no need to answer his question. You made a very inappropriate and irrelevant comment. Do not post in my thread if you are going to be an idiot.

A DDOS can be done from a downloadable program. If you want someone to teach you to hack I won't be the one telling you directly. I probably already said too much by saying backtrack.
I am lol'ing so hard right now. Thanks for the laugh.

p.s. - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Sockets_Layer

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
cottoneyeJoe

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 04:33:06 AM

Is bittenbob being irresponsible for spreading hacking tips on these forums and claiming to own the threads he starts?

See...it's just a question...and I didnt say you were a five year old.

Wink
bittenbob (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 04:34:29 AM

SSL is not the be all and end all. Handshakes can be captured and faked quite easily. Spoofing mac addresses is also very easy.

If all this was 100% there would never be any hacking.
bittenbob (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 04:37:15 AM

Is bittenbob being irresponsible for spreading hacking tips on these forums and claiming to own the threads he starts?

See...it's just a question...and I didnt say you were a five year old.

Wink

I never said anyone was a five year old if thats what you were implying and you were a little more polite than the other posters. I haven't given any direct information on hacking with the exception of something that someone could google on their own. All I said is that a 5 year old could pull off a DDOS.
Eveofwar

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 04:38:17 AM

SSL is not the be all and end all. Handshakes can be captured and faked quite easily. Spoofing mac addresses is also very easy.

What does spoofing MAC addresses have to do with SSL and Handshakes ?

You know, I'd almost feel like you didn't know WTF you were talking about if the SOPA Blackout was in place and Wikipedia was not a tool for you.
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12983

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 04:39:36 AM

LOL

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
bittenbob (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 04:42:00 AM

You know, I'd almost feel like you didn't know WTF you were talking about if the SOPA Blackout was in place and Wikipedia was not a tool for you.

I haven't googled anything and am going completely by memory. I rarely ever use wikipedia and especially not for technical matters. If you want to fake a handshake you will need to spoof IP and mac addresses. I am afraid it is you who doesn't know WTF you are talking about.

By the way Theymos, this thread is getting out of control and has nothing to do with the OP so feel free to lock it.
cottoneyeJoe

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 04:42:32 AM

a year from now the last poster on this thread is gonna be bittenbob

y'all know that, right?
Eveofwar

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 04:44:17 AM

I haven't googled anything and am going completely by memory. I rarely ever use wikipedia and especially not for technical matters. If you want to fake a handshake you will need to spoof IP and mac addresses. I am afraid it is you who doesn't know WTF you are talking about.

By the way Theymos, this thread is getting out of control and has nothing to do with the OP so feel free to lock it.

Please cite your source.
amencon

Activity: 410

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 04:44:38 AM

a year from now the last poster on this thread is gonna be bittenbob

y'all know that, right?

I think I'm OK with that.  But I hope he teaches me more about how to hack the whole internet before this winds down.
bittenbob (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 04:46:44 AM

This isn't a hacking lesson folks and I will not teach you a damn thing. This thread was supposed to be asking if we were under attack as a community.

As a note here ABC is still under DDOS and no reprieve is in sight.
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 05:20:50 AM

Then maybe you should start using Google. First off, just to get past the TCP handshake you need to be able to capture the response. As for the SSL handshake, you need the site's private key, otherwise all you'll get back is gibberish. And without knowing what that gibberish decrypts to, you can't send a response that will make any sense to the client. Since you are apparently good at cracking private keys, why don't you just start taking bitcoins?

Edit: I think my SSL is actually backward, and it's the client that sends their encryption key using the site's pubic key to encrypt it. But, that's just semantics.

Eveofwar

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 05:30:31 AM

It ain't that eAsY unless your 5 YO knows how to compile and test code.

http://www.metasploit.com/ takes care of most of that I thought.  Includes most of those already Cheesy
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: