Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:35:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WTF !!!!!  (Read 2269 times)
antares

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 11:50:25 PM

well I'm actually quite surprised on the reactions over here. I mean, yes, I made profits in ranges > 1k USD, and yes, there was a bit of luck with it, however, I didnt realize that people on bitcoinica did never imagine that speculation meant possible loss too.

If you read the forums today, it just seems like the possibility to lose was something totally new to them...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 11:57:00 PM

well I'm actually quite surprised on the reactions over here. I mean, yes, I made profits in ranges > 1k USD, and yes, there was a bit of luck with it, however, I didnt realize that people on bitcoinica did never imagine that speculation meant possible loss too.

If you read the forums today, it just seems like the possibility to lose was something totally new to them...

If you think about it, this explains the behaviour. Since they vastly underestimated the probability of loss, they didn't think it strange to trade on gigantic leverage. Nobody who thinks an own mistake likely or sees uncertainties about the market would do heavy margin trading on a crazy market like this one.

Myself, I wouldn't claim to trade safely enough to go all-in, let alone risk even more than that! I don't know what kind of track record one would need to qualify for 1:3 or higher margin trading on Bitcoin, but I doubt such a person is present. Maybe such a person doesn't even exist.
ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 12:05:55 AM

If you think about it, this explains the behaviour. Since they vastly underestimated the probability of loss, they didn't think it strange to trade on gigantic leverage. Nobody who thinks an own mistake likely or sees uncertainties about the market would do heavy margin trading on a crazy market like this one.

Myself, I wouldn't claim to trade safely enough to go all-in, let alone risk even more than that! I don't know what kind of track record one would need to qualify for 1:3 or higher margin trading on Bitcoin, but I doubt such a person is present. Maybe such a person doesn't even exist.

This is why I believe that the current volatility has actually strengthened the market.  It will make the leveraged traders think twice before plunging in, reducing volatility (zhou's move also helps).

(BFL)^2 < 0
antoineph

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 12:23:06 AM

This is why I believe that the current volatility has actually strengthened the market.  It will make the leveraged traders think twice before plunging in, reducing volatility (zhou's move also helps).

It is true that in this environment, every gigantic blunder reduces the likelihood of another one.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: