Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:52:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoinica  (Read 2808 times)
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 02:14:50 AM

So, because Bitcoin is vulnerable due to low market cap and illiquidity we need more leverage, derivatives and anything but a real market?

Oh, derivatives would be so much fun.  You could bet on the possibility of other people losing money.  Like someone once said, it's like taking out fire insurance on your neighbour's house.  It couldn't possibly be in your best interest to throw a few lit matches their way...

I mentioned before that playing with leverage in bitcoins was a tool for the '1%ers'.  Someone just screwed a whole lot of people over.  Some won, many more lost.  Bitcoin is worse for wear.  Merchants wanting to use bitcoins aren't exactly flocking towards a commodity that can lose 20% of its value within minutes while the market is locked and participants can't sell.

finally someone agrees with me.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Crypt_Current

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 02:15:09 AM

It's more of personal trading behaviors.

I agree that we should take more responsibility in making Bitcoin a better currency, so we will take several actions in the following days to minimize our negative market impact during volatile times.

But generally, I disagree with your statement. Bitcoinica didn't start the spikes, someone else did. Bitcoin is very financially vulnerable at the moment and we need more options for traders to build a strong financial system.
Yes, there are those who like the gambling and others who prefer investing. And the people with the appropriate funds also are quite fond of tricking your system to enrich themselves.

Thanks for acknowledging that.

So, because Bitcoin is vulnerable due to low market cap and illiquidity we need more leverage, derivatives and anything but a real market?

Bitcoinica is pushing the exchanges to do better. We didn't even have a partnership with Mt. Gox. So we are totally open in terms of exchange options.

Maybe offer to buy Gox out?

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 02:15:59 AM

I agree that we should take more responsibility in making Bitcoin a better currency, so we will take several actions in the following days to minimize our negative market impact during volatile times.

But generally, I disagree with your statement. Bitcoinica didn't start the spikes, someone else did. Bitcoin is very financially vulnerable at the moment and we need more options for traders to build a strong financial system.
Yes, there are those who like the gambling and others who prefer investing. And the people with the appropriate funds also are quite fond of tricking your system to enrich themselves.

Bitcoinica is pushing the exchanges to do better. We didn't even have a partnership with Mt. Gox. So we are totally open in terms of exchange options.

perhaps Gox is not the problem here?
SkRRJyTC
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 02:17:10 AM

They dont have enough money to let me buy with the leverage options they give me...
dryden

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 02:17:50 AM

Zhou, 1 thing I would suggest for your site:  lots and lots and LOTS of clear documentation. When I trade on TD Ameritrade I have a whole exhaustive documentation section that breaks down the fees and math into plain english that real people can understand. When you're a business making money, it's sort of incumbent on you to help your users understand what's going on.  
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 02:18:44 AM

Zhou, 1 thing I would suggest for your site:  lots and lots and LOTS of clear documentation. When I trade on TD Ameritrade I have a whole exhaustive documentation section that breaks down the fees and math into plain english that real people can understand. When you're a business making money, it's sort of incumbent on you to help your users understand what's going on.  

forget it; ain't gonna happen.
SkRRJyTC
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 02:18:56 AM

+9001
Crypt_Current

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 02:19:01 AM

I could even provide this for insanely cheap.  I have a lot of free time and don't wish to spend it all on school work  Grin

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
zhoutong
VIP

Activity: 490
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2012, 02:20:33 AM

+1

Gonna hire someone to do it.

Any one interested? PM me with your Skype.

Founder of NameTerrific (https://www.nameterrific.com/). Co-founder of CoinJar (https://coinjar.io/)

Donations for my future Bitcoin projects: 19Uk3tiD5XkBcmHyQYhJxp9QHoub7RosVb
zhoutong
VIP

Activity: 490
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2012, 02:21:14 AM

I could even provide this for insanely cheap.  I have a lot of free time and don't wish to spend it all on school work  Grin

LOL. I missed this just now.

PM me with you Skype name please.

Founder of NameTerrific (https://www.nameterrific.com/). Co-founder of CoinJar (https://coinjar.io/)

Donations for my future Bitcoin projects: 19Uk3tiD5XkBcmHyQYhJxp9QHoub7RosVb
Crypt_Current

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 02:46:01 AM

just buy skype premium (now they got a promo) set a room invite 5/6 ppl ask them to pay you on btc and explain stuff

I've already been answering questions about Bitcoinica for a few people via PM here... I have kindly asked for donations for my detailed explanations, but have received none :-(

I'd be more than happy to write up official documentation for Bitcoinica.

gewure

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

[#][#][#]

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 02:55:28 AM

Wow, you guys who got zhoutonged today are being really bitter.  I have been making money all day on Bitcoinica.  Learn how to trade.

well, it happens to everybody: loses. try cutting them.
today i have been lucky and made some $ and btc on bitcoinica, but not always. trading gets pretty hard if the spreads are that high. both on mtgox and bitcoinica. also the exchange prices are not ballanced within all markets good.
byronbb
Legendary

Activity: 1414

HODL OR DIE

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 09:59:29 PM

Then don't trade when spreads are wide and buy/sell depth is a shallow pond. This is just pure gambling. I can't believe people are whining about losing after leveraging long at 6.x to 7 when the buy side was nearly non existent and the sell side a mountain and then they are convinced its zhous fault when someone runs a trivial squeeze and they lose their $100.

N12 (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 09:01:28 PM

Why did you people not listen?
N12 (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 19, 2012, 05:56:07 PM

Who listened?
dopamine

Activity: 486

View Profile
March 19, 2012, 06:28:09 PM

This is a healthy correction nothing more, without volatility then whats the point of trading BTC. without leverage we would not be able to get this much volume... 

Bitcoinica still has not given me 50% of my claim of 600 BTC
INTERSANGO can go down with bitcoinica for abandoning customers
Alberto Armandi is a SCAMMER
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: