Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 08:21:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [RE-ANN] FAILCoin | This thread will not be followed!  (Read 68245 times)
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 02:45:00 AM

Any update on actual features being worked on? All i see is talk about being listed to exchanges. That's great but can we please get some idea of what is being worked on with this coin? i.e. why should people buy it?

We were FAILed by some people which didn't kept their promises, but of course we are working on actual features. Imho, updates will be provided by the end of the month at most. Of course any help from honest people is well welcomed.

P.S. Keep in mind that MANY people contacted us asking for BTC, but FAIL will not work in that way. Nevertheless FAIL achieved more than many coins for just over a month.

Stay FAILed!

That's cool - just wanted to make sure the coin is still moving forward Smiley

Coins future depends by its community, not by their features. Yeah, they are important, but they are not vital. Many coins have a lot of good features, but are dying anyway.

CatKiwi

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 03:48:31 AM
Last edit: June 17, 2014, 04:04:31 AM by CatKiwi

Any update on actual features being worked on? All i see is talk about being listed to exchanges. That's great but can we please get some idea of what is being worked on with this coin? i.e. why should people buy it?

We were FAILed by some people which didn't kept their promises, but of course we are working on actual features. Imho, updates will be provided by the end of the month at most. Of course any help from honest people is well welcomed.

P.S. Keep in mind that MANY people contacted us asking for BTC, but FAIL will not work in that way. Nevertheless FAIL achieved more than many coins for just over a month.

Stay FAILed!

Coins future depends by its community, not by their features. Yeah, they are important, but they are not vital. Many coins have a lot of good features, but are dying anyway.

True - but in order to gain a community outside of the few of us who mine this thing currently you have to have something to offer. Otherwise all you get is people who will come along, mine a few hundred million coins, dump em then walk away. In order to get people to stay and support a coin the coin needs to have some sort of plan for the future. e.g. a roadmap of new features that are being worked on.

What I'm saying is eventually its not enough to just say "Great things coming soon!" you have to start delivering something. The coin is going for 1 Litoshi when it should really be at least 10 litoshi judging by other small coins with similar max number of coins. It's 1 Litoshi because all we really have right now is a plain wallet and a single game.

Give people a reason to buy the coin - vague promises of "things" to come is not and will not ever be enough to lift the coin above 1 Litoshi.

spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 04:02:49 AM

Stay FAILed!

True - but in order to gain a community outside of the few of us who mine this thing currently you have to have something to offer. Otherwise all you get is people who will come along, mine a few hundred million coins, dump em then walk away. In order to get people to stay and support a coin the coin needs to have some sort of plan for the future.

OK....

First, we are honest.
Second, we gave out more than 2B coins to MANY people.
Third, check the hashrate atm.. Currently FAIL is supported by about 1/4 of our community hashrate which is about 180MH.
Fourth, we are planning to sell only small chunks of our coins just to cover some expenses.
Fifth, millions of DOGE and tens of LTC are already prepared to back up FAIL, when we need it.

Why are we doing that? Its simple. We want to make FAIL price STABLE, because we are not another pump and dump group and we know how to make business!

Now.. you are asking for answers. Can you please answer me to one question: How many coins does that?

CatKiwi

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 04:17:16 AM

Stay FAILed!

True - but in order to gain a community outside of the few of us who mine this thing currently you have to have something to offer. Otherwise all you get is people who will come along, mine a few hundred million coins, dump em then walk away. In order to get people to stay and support a coin the coin needs to have some sort of plan for the future.

OK....

First, we are honest.
Third, check the hashrate atm.. Currently FAIL is supported by about 1/4 of our community hashrate which is about 180MH.
Fourth, we are planning to sell only small chunks of our coins just to cover some expenses.
Fifth, millions of DOGE and tens of LTC are already prepared to back up FAIL, when we need it.

Why are we doing that? Its simple. We want to make FAIL price STABLE, because we are not another pump and dump group and we know how to make business!

Now.. you are asking for answers. Can you please answer me to one question: How many coins does that?

Honesty is not being called into question here, not sure why you feel the need to state this.

Again, not sure why you have stated that you have given away 2 Billion coins - what has that to do with the future development?

Glad you brought up the hashrate. I have been mining this thing for around 3 weeks now - watching the hashrate throughout the day. The reality is that for perhaps 90% of the time the hashrate hovers between 10 MH/s and 40 MH/s - then out of nowhere a user or users with over 350 MH/s of ASIC power come along and mine several hundred million coins before disappearing again. You can see it for yourself if you watch the blockfinder stats on the two main pools and watch the nethashrate spike from the regular 10-40MH/s to 350 MH/s and more.

Representing that figure as a measure of support or strength of the community is just not accurate I'm afraid. When the ASIC miner/s disappears the hashrate is back down to 10-40MH/s until they next choose to hit the coin.

What do you mean by "millions of DOGE and tens of LTC are prepared to back up FAIL, WHEN we need it"? - are you suggesting a pump is on the cards?

On your last question - Quite frankly nothing you have done so far is in any way different from what other coins do. Nearly all coins have giveaways. Good on you for doing so - but that is not a point of difference with this coin and any other.

spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 04:20:01 AM

Atm FAIL is supported by 400MH+ of our hashrate, just to show some people that we are not joking:

spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 04:29:10 AM

Stay FAILed!

OK....

First, we are honest.

Honesty is not being called into question here, not sure why you feel the need to state this.

Again, not sure why you have stated that you have given away 2 Billion coins - what has that to do with the future development?

Glad you brought up the hashrate. I have been mining this thing for around 3 weeks now - watching the hashrate throughout the day. The reality is that for perhaps 90% of the time the hashrate hovers between 10 MH/s and 40 MH/s - then out of nowhere a user or users with over 350 MH/s of ASIC power come along and mine several hundred million coins before disappearing again. You can see it for yourself if you watch the blockfinder stats on the two main pools and watch the nethashrate spike from the regular 10-40MH/s to 350 MH/s and more.

Representing that figure as a measure of support or strength of the community is just not accurate I'm afraid. When the ASIC miner/s disappears the hashrate is back down to 10-40MH/s until they next choose to hit the coin.

What do you mean by "millions of DOGE and tens of LTC are prepared to back up FAIL, WHEN we need it"? - are you suggesting a pump is on the cards?

On your last question - Quite frankly nothing you have done so far is in any way different from what other coins do. Nearly all coins have giveaways. Good on you for doing so - but that is not a point of difference with this coin and any other.

I really can't understand what you seek in coins.

1. 2B coins are about 4% of all mined coins atm.. For example I have send 20M coins to a person who just said he likes FAIL. My statement is that we are generous and we are not greedy.
2. The hashrate is not a big problem. Less miners sometimes means less dumpers, because the real traders (and community of course) are giving value of whatevercoin.
3. I said STABLE price, not pump. We are not going to pump anything.
4. All coins have giveaways or most of them only make promises and dump their wallets to exchanges when they have the chance?

FAIL is and will be different.

CatKiwi

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 04:34:42 AM

Stay FAILed!

OK....

First, we are honest.

1. 2B coins are about 4% of all mined coins atm.. For example I have send 20M coins to a person who just said he likes FAIL. My statement is that we are generous and we are not greedy.
2. The hashrate is not a big problem. Less miners sometimes means less dumpers, because the real traders (and community of course) are giving value of whatevercoin.
4. All coins have giveaways or most of them only make promises and dump their wallets to exchanges when they have the chance?

Clearly we are at a difference of opinion then. If the coin ever makes it past those immense sell walls put up on the Swisscex FAIL/LTC market then I will come back and give credit where credit is due. Right now however that looks extremely unlikely. Good luck!
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 04:42:16 AM

Stay FAILed!

OK....

First, we are honest.

Clearly we are at a difference of opinion then. If the coin ever makes it past those immense sell walls put up on the Swisscex FAIL/LTC market then I will come back and give credit where credit is due. Right now however that looks extremely unlikely. Good luck!

Agreed. We are at difference. The main difference is that coins with threads loaded with hundreds of pages have "active community". 90% are complaining about the price, 5% are looking for some news and the rest 5% are believing in its future. But what is the reality? People who actually are behind development of those coins are barely answering questions and they always "has a lot of work". What happens at the end? TO DA MOON, TO DA NEPTUNE, TO DA SUN, TO DA SATURN... and... FAILURE.

itemdop

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 05:13:58 AM

I'm FAIL have seen a drastic increase hash Shocked
LordPaco

Activity: 120

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 06:05:04 AM

If my math is right we are going to see another block halving in 72hours at 140k block?

I'm happy to buy all your FAIL at 1 litoshi. If you support FAIL buy it and hoard it and make it rare. It only takes a half dozen btc and all those cheap coins are gone and for that price you own over 5% of the blockchain. A half dozen btc more would give you even more cheap FAIL from weaker players cashing out on their first opportunity. It will shortly be almost impossible to mine that amount.

I'm surprised I don't have much buy support with me at 1 litoshi but we are talking about FAIL here. I'm not rich or a whale but I will throw some ltc for huge chunks of this fun blockchain I don't care. I've donated over a billion of these coins for dev.

We really need to be able to tip with failcoin. This should be a high priority. Any gaming incorporated into fail is a good thing, FAIL should be a fun coin.

Live long and FAIL!

batesresearch
Legendary

Activity: 2424
Merit: 1148

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 06:11:57 AM

If my math is right we are going to see another block halving in 72hours at 140k block?

I'm happy to buy all your FAIL at 1 litoshi. If you support FAIL buy it and hoard it and make it rare. It only takes a half dozen btc and all those cheap coins are gone and for that price you own over 5% of the blockchain. A half dozen btc more would give you even more cheap FAIL from weaker players cashing out on their first opportunity. It will shortly be almost impossible to mine that amount.

I'm surprised I don't have much buy support with me at 1 litoshi but we are talking about FAIL here. I'm not rich or a whale but I will throw some ltc for huge chunks of this fun blockchain I don't care. I've donated over a billion of these coins for dev.

We really need to be able to tip with failcoin. This should be a high priority. Any gaming incorporated into fail is a good thing, FAIL should be a fun coin.

Live long and FAIL!

Thanks for your support, it is greatly appreciated. I am constantly on the look for game developers for FAIL and I would really love to have some more FAIL games up and running. Tipping is another area some big strides have come recently with tipbots and for us to be a part of that would be immense in itself.

FAIL ON

Visit Satoshi's Place, a Bitcoin Hub based in Bury, Manchester, UK.
Goals: Educate & Onboard users in to Bitcoin. Lightning network⚡️
Borko

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 07:31:56 AM

Hi eveyone! This is my sugsestion fot new Failcoin logo, i will appreciate your opinions Smiley

https://i.imgur.com/lN4WawS.png

IPCoinz

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 08:01:06 AM

Live long and FAIL!

I agree.  FAIL coin has a delightful tipping aspect.  The future android human hybrid will be able to receive good KARMA coin, maybe win a bonus coin, maybe sexy females will inspire tips in pinkcoin, but most likely the average person will deserve a handful of FAIL coins, day after day. 

And think of the publicity potential: for example, someone ought to offer politicians and celebrities FAIL bounties.  1 billion FAIL to Barack Obama for his foreign policy.  Don't worry, he wont claim it...
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 11:34:18 AM

Hi eveyone! This is my sugsestion fot new Failcoin logo, i will appreciate your opinions Smiley

I'd say "Try again... make it A LOT better...", but thats just my opinion.

batesresearch
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 08:21:35 PM

Well I think you owe US FAIL for that, lol. Joking, I can send you some small FAIL for your efforts.

janbrel

Activity: 46

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 08:23:31 PM

https://i.imgur.com/lN4WawS.png

Well I think you owe US FAIL for that, lol. Joking, I can send you some small FAIL for your efforts.

I think it fails our requirements
xerodrag

Activity: 50

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 09:03:54 PM

Hey Bates,
Which type of games were you thinking we should write for fail? I can get my guys working on it once we decide. We will need to restrict our choices to either very simple games, or games that we can purchase source code for and modify to use FAILCoin. We can do BlackJack, Poker, a simple dice game, keno, etc...
How about the rest of you? What would you like to see in terms of FAILCoin games?

-Xerodrag
batesresearch
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 09:20:57 PM

Hey Bates,
Which type of games were you thinking we should write for fail? I can get my guys working on it once we decide. We will need to restrict our choices to either very simple games, or games that we can purchase source code for and modify to use FAILCoin. We can do BlackJack, Poker, a simple dice game, keno, etc...
How about the rest of you? What would you like to see in terms of FAILCoin games?

-Xerodrag

Games like Karma karmakazee, Coin Horse, Dice games and Keno is good. I want to learn how to code games and in my spare time I would. Games are a serious part of Cryptocurrency but the are a part that are very popular and I think can help promote the coin.

I was going to ask the community the same question, finding out what people want is a good place to start.

xerodrag

Activity: 50

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 10:04:44 PM

OK FAILERZ!

Which games do you want to see built around FAILCoin? In other words, which games would you consider playing, if they were made available?

-Xero
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 10:07:29 PM

OK FAILERZ!

Which games do you want to see built around FAILCoin? In other words, which games would you consider playing, if they were made available?

-Xero

Just... games?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: