Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:45:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Bitcoin Raffle Lottery - Beta  (Read 1567 times)
lulzplzkthx (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2011, 07:36:08 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2011, 07:52:25 PM by lulzplzkthx

I spent the last night working on an automated raffle system, which you can find here: BitLuck

I'm currently only running it on my local server, so please don't kill it. If it goes down, let me know in IRC (lulzplzkthx) and I'll have it back up as soon as possible. It's beta, so there may still be some bugs to work out. Post here or let me know in IRC.

Basis: You pay 1 BTC for each ticket. Anything after the decimal place is rounded down, so make sure you send the amount you mean to. At 7:30pm EDT, the raffle is run, and the winner will receive 95% of the pot. 5% goes towards getting some actual hosting, etc.

If I could, I would kick-start the pot, but I am broke (0.03 BTC.)

~lulzplzkthx

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lulzplzkthx (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2011, 12:51:31 AM

I changed the time to 12:00 AM GMT, and the payout to 95%.

Now as nobody has bought a ticket, I'm wondering if anyone is interested in this at all, what I could change, etc? If nobody is interested, I'll turn the server off to save energy, but would you be interested if there was a larger pot to begin with, etc?

bitlotto

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

BitLotto - best odds + best payouts + cheat-proof

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2011, 01:56:04 AM

Welcome! No one may have entered because it's seems like an ALMOST copy of BitLotto. BitLotto though, pays 99% of the pot and is TOTALLY transparent in that it's impossible to trick, how many played, who won, and if payment was sent. The other advantage of BitLotto is that it doesn't need a website to run and manage the pot. It's all done within Bitcoin. (I'm a bit biased though!!  Grin) Good luck!

*Next Draw Feb 1*  BitLotto: monthly raffle (0.25 BTC per ticket) Completely transparent and impossible to manipulate who wins. TOR
TOR2WEB
Donations to: 1JQdiQsjhV2uJ4Y8HFtdqteJsZhv835a8J are appreciated.
lulzplzkthx (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2011, 12:12:32 PM

Welcome! No one may have entered because it's seems like an ALMOST copy of BitLotto. BitLotto though, pays 99% of the pot and is TOTALLY transparent in that it's impossible to trick, how many played, who won, and if payment was sent. The other advantage of BitLotto is that it doesn't need a website to run and manage the pot. It's all done within Bitcoin. (I'm a bit biased though!!  Grin) Good luck!

Ah okay, I'm sorry. It seems like there is no interest anyway, so I'll take mine down. At the very least, it was a good experience to get used to the JSON-RPC API for Bitcoin.

If anyone is interested in the script, either to buy it or for me to open-source it, let me know.

bitlotto

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

BitLotto - best odds + best payouts + cheat-proof

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2011, 12:24:23 PM

Ah okay, I'm sorry. It seems like there is no interest anyway, so I'll take mine down. At the very least, it was a good experience to get used to the JSON-RPC API for Bitcoin.

If anyone is interested in the script, either to buy it or for me to open-source it, let me know.

No worries. I would suggest open source! Can I suggest if you have the skills, perhaps look into creating open source software for websites to create bitcoin shopping services. Something that is easy to set up is needed and if it's popular I'm sure you could sell support.

*Next Draw Feb 1*  BitLotto: monthly raffle (0.25 BTC per ticket) Completely transparent and impossible to manipulate who wins. TOR
TOR2WEB
Donations to: 1JQdiQsjhV2uJ4Y8HFtdqteJsZhv835a8J are appreciated.
lulzplzkthx (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2011, 12:58:21 PM

No worries. I would suggest open source! Can I suggest if you have the skills, perhaps look into creating open source software for websites to create bitcoin shopping services. Something that is easy to set up is needed and if it's popular I'm sure you could sell support.

You mean like this? I have a couple other ideas however, and will start working on them...

My only issue with open-sourcing it is I'm not 100% sure that it works perfectly, as I could only do limited testing without any BTC (however, thanks mike for lending me the 2 BTC for testing.)

cdhowie

Activity: 182
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2011, 06:14:28 PM

My only issue with open-sourcing it is I'm not 100% sure that it works perfectly, as I could only do limited testing without any BTC

If people released their code as open-source only when it worked perfectly, there would be no open source projects.  Smiley

Tips are always welcome and can be sent to 1CZ8QgBWZSV3nLLqRk2BD3B4qDbpWAEDCZ

Thanks to ye, we have the final piece.

PGP key fingerprint: 2B7A B280 8B12 21CC 260A  DF65 6FCE 505A CF83 38F5

SerajewelKS @ #bitcoin-otc
divergenta

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2011, 06:48:14 PM

I'm very interested in having a look on your code!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: