Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 07:34:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: I do have 3M ready to invest in the right scenario, but what is it?
Mining BTC - 17 (9.3%)
Mining Other Cryptos - 17 (9.3%)
Buying Bitcoin and Wait it Out - 106 (58.2%)
Launch a Crypto ATM network - 31 (17%)
Ripple?? - 11 (6%)
Total Voters: 182

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I have 3 Million USD to invest into Crypto Currency - How should I do it?  (Read 19812 times)
ShakyhandsBTCer

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 11:26:09 PM

I don't believe a man who has gained 3M USD would ask an advice about investments on forum Grin

I second that motion

I disagree as it may be part of its due diligence on the matter since bitcointalk obviously has some very good Bitcoin experts
These forums may have "experts" however it is very difficult to determine who is an expert and who is full of BS. The advice found on these forums is also significantly biased to the buy side for bitcoin
BTC_Fundamentals

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 10:06:30 AM

somewant to enlarge his btc *enis Smiley
boumalo
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 01:43:31 PM

I don't believe a man who has gained 3M USD would ask an advice about investments on forum Grin

I second that motion

I disagree as it may be part of its due diligence on the matter since bitcointalk obviously has some very good Bitcoin experts
These forums may have "experts" however it is very difficult to determine who is an expert and who is full of BS. The advice found on these forums is also significantly biased to the buy side for bitcoin

Yes indeed but he could have get to know something from the discussion that followed his post : JD, innovators contacting him by PM and it made him think about it one more time; my point is it is not negative to create a discussion if you are careful with what you do with the answers

619mining (OP)

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 07:03:25 PM

All of the above comments are interesting reading.  I will say that there have been alot of people PM'ing me with ideas and such.
The scammers are obvious. The peoeple who are just looking to pawn off played out ideas and/or uninteresting bad ideas have contacted
me in droves.

The reason one comes to this board is to gain insight and to gain knowledge.  Yes, there are a fair amount of amateurs here however there
are also a large amount of wise minded individuals, some who post and others who read/lurk.

We have purchased significant amounts of coin as part of the investment and also setup mining and invested into some technologies as well.
ALL based on advice found on this forum and by conversations with smart individuals.

Any serious investor must do his homework and that is why I am here in a nutshell.

Thank you all for the replies and private responses. The information was plentiful and aided my mission.

I have also formed a San Diego miners meetup group if you want to join...

Search for it on meetup.com

http://www.meetup.com/San-Diego-Bitcoin-and-Cryptocurrency-Miners-Meetup/

boumalo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 11:03:53 AM

All of the above comments are interesting reading.  I will say that there have been alot of people PM'ing me with ideas and such.
The scammers are obvious. The peoeple who are just looking to pawn off played out ideas and/or uninteresting bad ideas have contacted
me in droves.

The reason one comes to this board is to gain insight and to gain knowledge.  Yes, there are a fair amount of amateurs here however there
are also a large amount of wise minded individuals, some who post and others who read/lurk.

We have purchased significant amounts of coin as part of the investment and also setup mining and invested into some technologies as well.
ALL based on advice found on this forum and by conversations with smart individuals.

Any serious investor must do his homework and that is why I am here in a nutshell.

Thank you all for the replies and private responses. The information was plentiful and aided my mission.

I have also formed a San Diego miners meetup group if you want to join...

Search for it on meetup.com

http://www.meetup.com/San-Diego-Bitcoin-and-Cryptocurrency-Miners-Meetup/

Good luck in your business; thought it was a good idea to seek advices and start conversations with members of this forum as they are obviously very knowledgeable in Bitcoin

johny08
Legendary

Activity: 1045
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:19:19 PM

None, of the options, finally. I would invest in start-ups with ideas for the bitcoin ecosystem. So investing in ideas. Or considering buying an already working asset. For both  it would be good to establish contacts first. Just a thought.
0xAli

Activity: 72

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 04:54:27 PM

I suggest you do everything you can, except mining.

1st priority is for the ATMs.
And maybe issue cards/vouchers that can could like (fiat) credit/gift card that holds certain claimable BTC amount, so it could be used for transactions without making people to wait for confirmations and stuff, and without exposing the whole wallet.

But you should also consider:
-Buying a collection of bunch of different old/new cryptocurrencies and incase one of them was used beside BTC (Like silver to gold) You still get a foothold in that. Or maybe mining them since the difficulty is way low.

Only god can judge me.
Andaru

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 04:47:18 PM

Having invested in markets and traded currency casually since I was 18 (4 years now, not a lot but I know a few things) I firmly believe in not putting all your eggs in one basket. If I were in that position I would put $1m in 3 different options, it's still a risk, but from my view it's always best to be safe and     maybe not profit as much from diversifying than be risky and potentially losing from backing a sole option.
boumalo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 02:29:03 PM

Having invested in markets and traded currency casually since I was 18 (4 years now, not a lot but I know a few things) I firmly believe in not putting all your eggs in one basket. If I were in that position I would put $1m in 3 different options, it's still a risk, but from my view it's always best to be safe and     maybe not profit as much from diversifying than be risky and potentially losing from backing a sole option.

Diversify means diversify geographically, in sector, different type of management assets, political risks and security for your assets (safe, trust ect.)

3 options in the same market and the same country is an extremely small diversification

airpline1

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 03:29:40 PM

I would buy mining equipment, just because I want to know that my worked has payed off, and not Buying some BTC, and then ending up waiting 2 years until its rise...
grandviewresearch

Activity: 1

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2014, 12:41:54 PM

My Advice is to Buy Latest Market Research Report Available at "Global Flooring industry is Expected to Reach USD 326.38 Billion by 2020", or you can consider to buy some ripple. Visit this report - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/flooring-market-analysis
boumalo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 12:22:49 PM

I would buy mining equipment, just because I want to know that my worked has payed off, and not Buying some BTC, and then ending up waiting 2 years until its rise...

You must be very poor Lips sealed

prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2014, 04:30:22 AM

hah i can't believe this thread is still popping up

here's a a high level 2.0 presentation i did earlier this month in amsterdam

https://speakerdeck.com/zynis/crypto-2-dot-0-lay-of-the-land

hopefully will have more in depth write ups and presentations for you all in the near future after i file my taxes (better late then never i guess...)

boumalo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 12:13:12 PM

I second that motion

You can get 3m$ and not know how to invest, most people who have money don't know how to invest properly; doing your due diligence by asking questions and getting informations is actually one of the proper way to invest your money

Most people making hundreds of thousands a year in banks don't really know how to invest

drugsRbadMmKay

Activity: 16

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 12:25:30 PM

3 million? wow, maybe not invest it all
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 12:52:42 PM

If I had $3million to blow, either I'd buy BTC out right or invest in COIN, the upcoming ETF by the Winklevii:

http://www.investopedia.com/articles/investing/041114/why-winklevoss-twins-new-bitcoin-etf-matters.asp

Should be interesting to see how it affects Bitcoin and the markets once it finally launches.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
mtwelve
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 02:27:02 PM

Someone bought $2 million worth of BTC recently, was that you? Smiley

HIRE ME FOR SEO, SOCIAL MEDIA, COPYWRITING, AND MORE: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5100134.0
boumalo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 07:52:07 PM

If I had $3million to blow, either I'd buy BTC out right or invest in COIN, the upcoming ETF by the Winklevii:

http://www.investopedia.com/articles/investing/041114/why-winklevoss-twins-new-bitcoin-etf-matters.asp

Should be interesting to see how it affects Bitcoin and the markets once it finally launches.

If the Winklevii buy new coins it should mostly push the price up

mwizard

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 07:58:39 AM

check this video out if anyone is interested in minning.

http://www.onesavvybusiness.com

Warning.  This video is an advert for a Ponzi/Pyramid scheme using an imaginary coin called 'OneCoin'.  Don't waste your time.

See
http://cointelegraph.com/news/one-coin-much-scam-onecoin-exposed-as-global-mlm-ponzi-scheme

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/who-wants-onecoin-millionaire-you-7346558
alh
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 05:22:18 PM

Maybe the folks that are registering here as a Newbie for the purposes of promoting this kind of stuff, could just include "ponzi" or perhaps "scam" in their name.....  Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: