Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:44:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Connection issues with Antminer S1  (Read 363 times)
frojoe (OP)

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 02:24:06 PM

Not sure what the issue is. When I was trying to set these up I did it one at time. ( I purchased Cool I logged into each one as 192.168.1.99 which is on each miner. When I logged into the unit already started to have troubles. I would start changing setting and it would hang up. I would reset the unit then try to log back in and then it would either let me get in part way or miner would lose connection. Once repeated this process until I got in and set to static IP i wanted and then set the Static on the router. IT started to mine.
When I went on to setup up the second one the same thing happen. This time I had to reset the router. Which Im guessing because the router has the mac of the other miner still  logged. I reset the router. I try and log in again same thing happens as the 1st miner. I have to reset either the miner and router until I can connect and get the right info in.

So after trying to set static IPs for all 8 miners and getting the pool set which cant believe took like 5 hours of resetting. I have all up and working and my pool reads the right speeds so I go to bed. I wake up next morning Im able to log into each one and no issues.

Today I try to just type in the ip of 1 miner and all 8 of them disconnect. If I ping the IPs they are unreachable. I reset all the miners and they start mining again. IPs are reachable.

2 miners are on a single 1000 watt psu. So i don't think power is the issue because they mined 24 hours and then I try to access 1 and all are out.

WTF am I doing wrong? Any one know what my issue is?

Is it setting the static in the router and on the device at the same time causing the issue?

Should setting something up differently because there are 8 miners together on the same network and all the guides are for 1 single unit?

This should be simple and easy or clearly I dont computer! Smiley

Thanks in advance.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: