Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:09:35 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitcoinBourse: the biggest scam in Bitcoin securities today  (Read 9900 times)
rethink-your-strategy (OP)

Activity: 173
Merit: 182

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 02:27:30 PM

Three key indicators as to why you should never list an asset on BitcoinBourse and why you should never buy stock on BitcoinBourse:

1. There's no order book info is publicly accessible. Not only does this make market manipulation dead easy on their side, but it makes it difficult for any investor to make any decision and to even interpret market trends. I guess the site was "coded" by some 15 year old who thinks that PHP is just fine for this. Or even worse: some 22 year old that thinks that mongo is the best database choice.

2. They have like 8+ "businesses". It's great that they can knock out shitty websites so quickly, but it means that they're completely unfocussed and can't follow anything through to success. Using any of their services is like asking your lawyer to come unblock your shower drain. It's possible that you'll get lucky and he will unblock it, but it's going to cost you a shitload of money. Oh, and buying any of their "company" stock is just a no-go - if you were foolish enough to buy their very own "BBS" IPO shares at 0.1 BTC each you would have earned a whopping 0.00007138 BTC in dividends in 7 months. You can expect to recover your investment in about 9813 months (818 years) at the current average dividend. If you're particularly lucky and they hit their Nov 2013 dividend high every month you can expect to recover your investment in a mere 1676 months (140 years).

3. They have NO significant listing requirements. Getting your scam business on their is trivial! And to make matters worse, every announcement they make on this forum they do in a locked thread. That is fucking bullshit - investors need to be able to discuss it, and they need to be gain confidence in the operator by questioning them and evaluating their responses.

Don't get suckered into the scam, rather go lose your money on other retarded investments. Let this piece of shit die.
Rates

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 02:51:30 PM

I am also looking at stock, BitcoinBourse is platform, I went to more but doesn't mean I agree with the platform of stock, stock or very early, have a lot of problems need to solve.
twentyseventy
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 02:54:06 PM

You mean the guy that makes a new thread and then locks it immediately isn't completely above-board?

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 02:57:38 PM

You mean the guy that makes a new thread and then locks it immediately isn't completely above-board?

I know, it's surprising! With all their transparency I don't know why anyone could come to the same obvious conclusion I did.
twentyseventy
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 02:59:14 PM

I know, it's surprising! With all their transparency I don't know why anyone could come to the same obvious conclusion I did.

Yeah, I know I'm being super sarcastic here, but hopefully this post helps some newbies out. Good call posting it-

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 04:36:45 PM

Yeah, I know I'm being super sarcastic here, but hopefully this post helps some newbies out. Good call posting it-

I know, I was just sharing in our combined sarcasm:)
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 12:36:34 AM

I'm getting really annoyed at that guy BitcoinBourse always spamming the forum with some crap IPO on a locked topic, he was exposed as a scammer or at least really really bad at business a few times.

Can we start reporting his posts?

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 05:23:44 AM

I'm getting really annoyed at that guy BitcoinBourse always spamming the forum with some crap IPO on a locked topic, he was exposed as a scammer or at least really really bad at business a few times.

Can we start reporting his posts?

An excellent question...this will go to global mods, though, and they'll fall back on the usual "mods don't delete scams" bullshit. Maybe BitcoinBourse should just be prevented from posting locked topics so his "offerings" can be picked apart properly and the newbz can avoid being scammed?
E.Sam

Activity: 393
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 08:20:13 AM

I also find this "thread locking" attitude very fishy (Not that I previously hold that exchange in high regards).
I guess the best approach is to create an identical thread, but unlocked.
i.e.
New Shares on Bitcoin Bourse "CVFS" Cryptovest Property Investment Management
to
New Shares on Bitcoin Bourse "CVFS" Cryptovest Property Investment Management [Unlocked]
...and let the discussion roll.
DrGregMulhauser

Activity: 330
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 10:22:16 AM

Not to go all off-topic, but another alternative is that you could just conclude that with very few exceptions, the entire Bitcoin securities universe is currently populated with junk -- and not even bother.

Otherwise sensible people, who would never touch such junk if it were denominated in dollars or pounds, nonetheless will plough significant chunks of capital into these things if they happen to be denominated in Bitcoin. Otherwise sensible people, who would normally care a great deal about factors like management competence or the logical coherence of a business plan, suddenly become entirely happy to throw a stack of BTC at some guy named Guido (no offense to all the Guido people out there) just because Guido includes words like "venture" or "mining" in a prospectus.

If, instead of treating their BTC like play money and throwing it into this kind of junk, folks just took a portion of their available dollars and invested that capital into random selections from the S&P 500, they would likely do much, much better.

Tips: 1GTvfygTCnA5LdE2dX31AtcHho6s6X9H9b
BTC Growth
Little P 1

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 11:51:13 AM

Quote from: DrGregMulhauser, post: 6332459, member: 129438
Not to go all off-topic, but another alternative is that you could just conclude that with very few exceptions, the entire Bitcoin securities universe is currently populated with junk -- and not even bother.
Otherwise sensible people, who would never touch such junk if it were denominated in dollars or pounds, nonetheless will plough significant chunks of capital into these things if they happen to be denominated in Bitcoin. Otherwise sensible people, who would normally care a great deal about factors like management competence or the logical coherence of a business plan, suddenly become entirely happy to throw a stack of BTC at some guy named Guido (no offense to all the Guido people out there) just because Guido includes words like "venture" or "mining" in a prospectus.
If, instead of treating their BTC like play money and throwing it into this kind of junk, folks just took a portion of their available dollars and invested that capital into random selections from the S&P 500, they would likely do much, much better.

Dear Dr Greg,

I hope your well.

I have experience in the private equity and investment management experience I am also the founder of Cryptovest Financial Services. www.cryptovest.co.uk

I think investing in the S & P 500 is a viable option however many crypto investors have higher risk tolerance and so investing with normal fiat is suitable.

There are alot of frogs out there but take your time and you will find a few princes. We certainly did.

I respectfully disagree with the statement that "the entire Bitcoin securities universe is currently populated with junk".

On  Bitcoin Bourse I certainly think their platform can be improved but they are trying.
I enjoyed talking to them and look forward to meeting them face to face next year.

I think ( not sure) that they lock the posts because they are making an announcement not trying to start a conversation but it would be good to let the conversation flow.

We are currently duel listed on https://cryptostocks.com/securities/126  and bitcoin Bourse and shares are exchangeable between the two.

Kr,

Malcolm O
MrWDunne

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 12:12:17 PM

We're listed on there, simply to give anyone who want to buy some choice.

I have already brought up most of these issues with the guy who runs it, in particular the lack of historical trade data and the companies he puts on there.

I don't think he's a scammer, but we're not pushing the site either. We'd rather people use CounterParty.

davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 12:18:49 PM

I don't think he's a scammer

I have no stake in this, but I happen to have interacted with Markus Weiler a couple of times already, my opinion on him is : "the guy does not even have the intellectual ability to be a scammer".

NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 12:24:30 PM

Dear Dr Greg,

I hope your well.

I have experience in the private equity and investment management experience I am also the founder of Cryptovest Financial Services. www.cryptovest.co.uk
There are alot of frogs out there but take your time and you will find a few princes. We certainly did...

^Only in fairy tales will you find a prince in a frog pond.
Before regaling us with such fairy tales, learn to spellink and punctuationz pl0x.

@MrWDunne:  you're no longer amusing.  Plz hunt responsibly Angry    https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563180.msg6139952#msg6139952
Also get some clean socks.

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 01:08:51 PM

Quote from: DrGregMulhauser, post: 6332459, member: 129438

Dear Dr Greg,

I hope your well.

I think investing in the S & P 500 is a viable option however many crypto investors have higher risk tolerance and so investing with normal fiat is suitable.

There are alot of frogs out there but take your time and you will find a few princes. We certainly did.

I respectfully disagree with the statement that "the entire Bitcoin securities universe is currently populated with junk".

On  Bitcoin Bourse I certainly think their platform can be improved but they are trying.
I enjoyed talking to them and look forward to meeting them face to face next year.

I think ( not sure) that they lock the posts because they are making an announcement not trying to start a conversation but it would be good to let the conversation flow.

We are currently duel listed on https://cryptostocks.com/securities/126  and bitcoin Bourse and shares are exchangeable between the two.

Kr,

Malcolm O

Why do you need to be listed on more than one exchange? That seems more than a little retarded and you're just making way too much extra work for yourself. Are you trying to pull a Neo&Bee?

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 01:12:24 PM

I have already brought up most of these issues with the guy who runs it, in particular the lack of historical trade data and the companies he puts on there.

I don't think he's a scammer, but we're not pushing the site either. We'd rather people use CounterParty.

Da fuq is wrong with you, son? Investors don't want a choice of exchanges, they just want to be able to buy and trade on an exchange that isn't a blatant scam and could disappear at any moment with their funds. Choosing to list with BitcoinBourse hurts your credibility more than it hurts them.

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 01:13:55 PM

I was going to type a proper reply to this but I can't decide if you're just stupid or just trolling. And I don't want to waste my time responding to a troll.
Little P 1

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 01:30:47 PM

[/quote]

Why do you need to be listed on more than one exchange? That seems more than a little retarded and you're just making way too much extra work for yourself. Are you trying to pull a Neo&Bee?
[/quote]

Certainly not in fact have a listen to my thoughts on that aspect here. Click the NEO audio link.

I am not a crypto security listing expert. I really just want to get to running the business.

However we wanted to make our shares available to as many people as possible.

If you have ideas or advice for me please feel free to pm me.

Kr,

Malcolm O
MrWDunne

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 02:04:07 PM

Da fuq is wrong with you, son? Investors don't want a choice of exchanges, they just want to be able to buy and trade on an exchange that isn't a blatant scam and could disappear at any moment with their funds. Choosing to list with BitcoinBourse hurts your credibility more than it hurts them.
The other exchange is counterparty. Some people dislike the fact it is decentralized.

BitcoinBourse is not even listed in our investment prospectus, we just tell people if they say they don't want to use counterparty.

Anotheranonlol

Activity: 588
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 02:25:40 PM

Exactly, Nobody in their right mind would invest in anything listed on cryptostocks or bitcoinbourse

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: