Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 10:26:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are newcommers to bitcoin laggards or what?  (Read 4919 times)
vict

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 06:46:12 PM

Definitively early adopters, there is long way before average Joe will use Bitcoin. Bitcoin is now mostly for tech people willing going through the hassle of buying Bitcoin.
How about if average Joe will never use Bitcoin and it stays just for tech people?
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 06:58:16 PM

It'll eventually be fed back to Average Joe in a more palatable form. Right now he would choke to death on it.
findftp
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1006

Delusional crypto obsessionist

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 06:59:01 PM

Simply depends how far Bitcoin goes. How far do *you* think it will go?

IMO, if it reaches its full potential, then we are just passing from the innovator to the early adopter phase.

When kids in schools are trading BTC on their phones I'll say we are entering the early majority stage. When it's an option at every retail outlet, late majority will be entered.

We are so so much early days here. You better believe this.

The only concern is whether a "better" crypto could take over, but I don't think that's likely.
There are more concerns, 50+1% attack for example.
xDan

Activity: 688
Merit: 500

ヽ( ㅇㅅㅇ)ノ ~!!

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 07:34:59 PM

The only concern is whether a "better" crypto could take over, but I don't think that's likely.
There are more concerns, 50+1% attack for example.
That would probably simply mean a "better" crypto would take over though. But even this "better" crypto might still be pegged or whatever to existing Bitcoin.

HODLing for the longest time. Skippin fast right around the moon. On a rocketship straight to mars.
Up, up and away with my beautiful, my beautiful Bitcoin~
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4078

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 07:36:39 PM

Bitcoin will hit the ditch of history pretty soon.
Why:

Because it is infested with scam. I am not talking about theoretical scam, but real-life.
Examples:
1. more than 50% of miners manufacturers scam their customers-a fact.
2. mining pools are constantly off line due to multiple sustained attacks, putting mining revenue in jeopardy
3. hashing speed undergoes gigantic fluctuations, suggesting a possibility that large unused hashing potential exist that could be used for the 51% attcak that would render bitcoins useless
4. someone (early adopters) is constantly selling, resulting in a 6 mo downtrend.
7. governments are actively undermining bitcoin-china

findftp
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1006

Delusional crypto obsessionist

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 07:40:07 PM

Why:

Because it is infested with scam. I am not talking about theoretical scam, but real-life.
Examples:
2. mining pools are constantly off line due to multiple sustained attacks, putting mining revenue in jeopardy
3. hashing speed undergoes gigantic fluctuations, suggesting a possibility that large unused hashing potential exist that could be used for the 51% attcak that would render bitcoins useless
4. someone (early adopters) is constantly selling, resulting in a 6 mo downtrend.

5. USD reserve currency soon to die.
6. hashing speed is still doubling every 2 months.
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 07:48:47 PM

Why:

Examples:
3. hashing speed undergoes gigantic fluctuations, suggesting a possibility that large used hashing potential exist that could be used for 51% attcak that would render bitcoins useless

And this is different from issues facing the Internet how?

-Scams and phishing emails, Trojans, and backdoor threats constantly
-Target credit card hack
-Open SSL Heartbleed, Internet Explorer exploit, smartphone malware threats across both Android and iOS devices
-Even though many of us have high speed internet, the majority of Americans have less than broadband connection.
-The big one "Net Neutrality".  This one could dwarf any of the issues facing Bitcoin, and potentially cripple the way the Internet works for us currently:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/07/net-neutrality-fcc-facebook-google_n_5283931.html

So, when you look at the big picture, the "growing pains" you see with Bitcoin aren't so big afterall.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
Peter R
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 07:52:41 PM

Why:

Examples:

Hey, you invented a new kind of 51% attack!  Why don't you start your own company manufacturing mining equipment if you can do a better job?

Join P2P pool to regain control over your hash power.

Earlier this morning I flipped a coin six times and got five "heads," suggesting that the coin was not fair.

There are two ways new users can acquire bitcoins: mine them or buy them from someone who already has them.  Early adopters divesting helps to diffuse coins to a wider user base, increasing the efficiency of bitcoin's distribution of wealth.

That is why we need bitcoin.

Run Bitcoin Unlimited (www.bitcoinunlimited.info)
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4270
Merit: 4539

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 08:37:37 PM

Why:

Examples:

FIAT
1. more then 50% of moneymakers scam account holders... a fact
2. many bank ATM limit customer access to funds daily, their call centres are always bsy and they only have their doors open for 9hours a day 5 days a week. (alot of downtime compared to other 24/7 services)
3. banks move money from country to country, suggesting a possibility of large unused financial potential could be used to F**k over the forex and debase the already indebted FIAT market
4. wall street is constantly selling fiat causing the national debt of all countries to grow while wall street makes their profits

now onto scams
i can recall the nigerian prince, the foreign lottery, the nknown relative leaving an inheritance, the foreign friend's hospital bills. the mail order bride.. all of which are FIAT scams
then look at on the stret scams.. pickpocketing, card cloning, identity theft.
then look at banking scams.. HSBC getting away with laundering.
then look at bank history. armed robberies, bank heists.

and the biggest scam of all.. the national minimum wage scam. forcing people to work as slaves due to it being legalised that it is acceptable to pay people very little.

need me to continue?

no? well ill just summerise.. where ever there is something of value that people want. there is always a dishonest person that wants it without earning it. to me that just shows that it has actal value as no one would risk jailtime for something that has no real world value

id be more concerned when the day cames that scammers and theives DON'T want bitcoin.. because when these scammers DON'T want a bitcoin that is given to them through an easy con, then why would anyone honest choose to pay for it

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
TorturdChaos

Activity: 5

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 08:56:12 PM

I would say we are around the early adopters stage.
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4078

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 09:29:29 PM

Why:

Examples:

Hey, you invented a new kind of 51% attack!  Why don't you start your own company manufacturing mining equipment if you can do a better job?

Join P2P pool to regain control over your hash power.

Earlier this morning I flipped a coin six times and got five "heads," suggesting that the coin was not fair.

There are two ways new users can acquire bitcoins: mine them or buy them from someone who already has them.  Early adopters divesting helps to diffuse coins to a wider user base, increasing the efficiency of bitcoin's distribution of wealth.

That is why we need bitcoin.

These are weak arguments. I was quite keen on bitcoin in the last 6 mo. Not anymore.
It will all end up in tears judging by the quality of corporate players involved.
bitcoincal

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 09:30:55 PM

I was thinking about this yesterday because Bitcoin is showing up in popular culture/tv shows, especially science fiction based programs.

1CuWECCUQwkmQTpJdXd6Ga5tXKoJ5f8tPb
btcxyzzz
Legendary

Activity: 888
Merit: 1000

Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 06:57:06 AM

The truth is that Bitcoin can't become a serious player in economics until it stabilize and people receive their salaries in Bitcoin. People are generally very lazy to convert fiat to Bitcoin, and it can be said there are many obstacles for doing so. You can't even buy Bitcoins with credit card, nowhere! And most people are so ingnorant they just don't get it what kind of financial revolution is ongoing - most are sheeple, and this is sad but true.

Token Bubbles – Transforming the ICO Rating and Analysis Space.
aircooler

Activity: 11

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 08:30:49 AM

I am a newbie  Cry
Too much to learn.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4270
Merit: 4539

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 10:09:09 AM

The truth is that Bitcoin can't become a serious player in economics until it stabilize and people receive their salaries in Bitcoin. People are generally very lazy to convert fiat to Bitcoin, and it can be said there are many obstacles for doing so. You can't even buy Bitcoins with credit card, nowhere! And most people are so ingnorant they just don't get it what kind of financial revolution is ongoing - most are sheeple, and this is sad but true.

the mind set of people in the early 2000's:
The truth is that Apple wont become a serious player in phone industry until it is user friendly. People are generally very lazy to convert MP3's using itunes, and it can be said there are many obstacles for doing so. You can't even buy CD's on the Itunes store, nowhere! And most people are so ingnorant they just don't get what the benefits of iphone has over other phones that also make voice calls - most are sheeple, and this is sad but true.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
slc1975

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 11:03:59 AM

early innovators for sure .. things haven't even began to take shape yet... patience
blatchcorn

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 11:09:51 AM

Why:

Examples:

FIAT
1. more then 50% of moneymakers scam account holders... a fact
2. many bank ATM limit customer access to funds daily, their call centres are always bsy and they only have their doors open for 9hours a day 5 days a week. (alot of downtime compared to other 24/7 services)
3. banks move money from country to country, suggesting a possibility of large unused financial potential could be used to F**k over the forex and debase the already indebted FIAT market
4. wall street is constantly selling fiat causing the national debt of all countries to grow while wall street makes their profits

now onto scams
i can recall the nigerian prince, the foreign lottery, the nknown relative leaving an inheritance, the foreign friend's hospital bills. the mail order bride.. all of which are FIAT scams
then look at on the stret scams.. pickpocketing, card cloning, identity theft.
then look at banking scams.. HSBC getting away with laundering.
then look at bank history. armed robberies, bank heists.

and the biggest scam of all.. the national minimum wage scam. forcing people to work as slaves due to it being legalised that it is acceptable to pay people very little.

need me to continue?

no? well ill just summerise.. where ever there is something of value that people want. there is always a dishonest person that wants it without earning it. to me that just shows that it has actal value as no one would risk jailtime for something that has no real world value

id be more concerned when the day cames that scammers and theives DON'T want bitcoin.. because when these scammers DON'T want a bitcoin that is given to them through an easy con, then why would anyone honest choose to pay for it

Agreed.

Its stupid how everyone on here turns a blind eye to the huge influx of programmers and investors that are getting into bitcoin
fryarminer

Activity: 686

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 11:13:32 AM

I think Bitcoin is where Apple was in the 80s. Think about it.
klovishey

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

Selling Coupons Babie

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 11:18:46 AM

Definitively early adopters, there is long way before average Joe will use Bitcoin. Bitcoin is now mostly for tech people willing going through the hassle of buying Bitcoin.
How about if average Joe will never use Bitcoin and it stays just for tech people?

With cheap secure hardware wallets Bitcoin might start to be alternative for average Joe I believe. Long way to go given how the Trezor hardware wallet develops (is overexpensive and hard to say if really secure, looking ugly as well  Cheesy)

But it will come one day, Bitcoin ASIC after 1 year starting to be power effecient and reasonably priced as well (hardware wise, not mining profitability Cheesy)
fryarminer

Activity: 686

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 11:36:50 AM

With cheap secure hardware wallets Bitcoin might start to be alternative for average Joe I believe. Long way to go given how the Trezor hardware wallet develops (is overexpensive and hard to say if really secure, looking ugly as well  Cheesy)

But it will come one day, Bitcoin ASIC after 1 year starting to be power effecient and reasonably priced as well (hardware wise, not mining profitability Cheesy)

Hardware wallets? Try Mycellium on your android! Free, and just as good if not better! And it saves having to carry around an additional device for your coin.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: