Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 08:39:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Stay safe boys, please read this if you're trying to get a loan  (Read 621 times)
rapeghost (OP)

Activity: 419
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 07:59:57 PM

Hello,

I've received several loans from the 'Lending' section in the past with little to no issue. It appears that due to Bitcoin's popularity there is a new influx of traders and scammers to Bitcointalk.

So, I got scammed the other day. Here's what I've learned from my short experience.

1. All lenders want collateral to prove that you're legit/not a scammer.
--- THIS GOES BOTH WAYS (just like your mom) ---

They're asking you to prove that you're legit, shouldn't they be held to the same standard?

2. Ratings from other sites are pretty much NULL & VOID. (if not null, worth pennies on the dollar in terms of trust)

When I was scammed, I was duped by a user claiming his LocalBitcoins feedback was legit & 100%.

For one, the account could be hacked, manipulated, etc. Secondly, Even if their LBC account is legit and they're a good trader it means absolutely nothing to you. If they do scam you its not like you can use that LBC account name and do anything with it. You can't neg-rate them or anything unless you're in a transaction with them.

3. If you're being turned down left and right by lenders, verified & legit vendors that is, and all of a sudden someone comes out of the shadows and accepts your wonky terms.. You're likely about to get scammed.

4. Don't lend/get a loan in a RUSH.

The loan I wanted to do was .. get a loan, repay the loan in my hourly miner payouts. Fairly high risk for the lender, even though i can prove my setup and payouts.
This dude 'LendingTree' pops out of the shadows offering to do it. I was in a bind cause I needed the money for rent so I went against my better judgement and did it. Got scammed.

Anyway guys, I just wanted to share this with you so you don't get into a bind like I'm in. (Scammer scammed my rent payment, So im evicted/homeless now)

Unfortunately I likely wont be able to post much anymore due to the ehmm.. homelessness but:

*please be safe guys*! *please be safe guys*! *please be safe guys*! *please be safe guys*! *please be safe guys*! *please be safe guys*! *please be safe guys*!

The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mnporter2001

Activity: 602

HEX: Longer pays better

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 08:14:58 PM

I'm sorry to hear this but I'm slightly confused, how did you get scammed as if I am reading it right you were the borrower ?

████████████████████
       ██████████████████████
      ████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████
   ████               ▀██████████
  ████  ██████████████  ██████████
████  ████████████████  ██████████▄
████  ██████████████████  █████████▀
██  ████████████████████  ███████
    ███          █████████  █████
   ███  ███████   ███████  █████
       █████████   █████  █████
      ███████████   ███  █████
       █████████   ███  █████
        ███████   ███  █████

Powered by,
trynmpo

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 11:04:49 PM

I'm sorry to hear this but I'm slightly confused, how did you get scammed as if I am reading it right you were the borrower ?

OP got scammed by a "" Collateral Scammer ""
pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 11:19:02 PM

It's not like 2012 lending any longer. imho, with interest, it's not worth getting a loan nor is it worth it to give your shit up when you're a reputable member.
mnporter2001

Activity: 602

HEX: Longer pays better

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 11:26:35 PM

OP got scammed by a "" Collateral Scammer ""

Ah I see so OP sent him collateral and he just did the off with it.... well that is bad shit, and I am sorry to hear that OP and thanks trynmpo for clearing that up, glad I don't get involved in all this I'm clearly well too naive for it all.....

████████████████████
       ██████████████████████
      ████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████
   ████               ▀██████████
  ████  ██████████████  ██████████
████  ████████████████  ██████████▄
████  ██████████████████  █████████▀
██  ████████████████████  ███████
    ███          █████████  █████
   ███  ███████   ███████  █████
       █████████   █████  █████
      ███████████   ███  █████
       █████████   ███  █████
        ███████   ███  █████

Powered by,
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 11:31:11 PM

Hello,

I've received several loans from the 'Lending' section in the past with little to no issue. It appears that due to Bitcoin's popularity there is a new influx of traders and scammers to Bitcointalk.

So, I got scammed the other day. Here's what I've learned from my short experience.

1. All lenders want collateral to prove that you're legit/not a scammer.
--- THIS GOES BOTH WAYS (just like your mom) ---

They're asking you to prove that you're legit, shouldn't they be held to the same standard?

2. Ratings from other sites are pretty much NULL & VOID. (if not null, worth pennies on the dollar in terms of trust)

When I was scammed, I was duped by a user claiming his LocalBitcoins feedback was legit & 100%.

For one, the account could be hacked, manipulated, etc. Secondly, Even if their LBC account is legit and they're a good trader it means absolutely nothing to you. If they do scam you its not like you can use that LBC account name and do anything with it. You can't neg-rate them or anything unless you're in a transaction with them.

3. If you're being turned down left and right by lenders, verified & legit vendors that is, and all of a sudden someone comes out of the shadows and accepts your wonky terms.. You're likely about to get scammed.

4. Don't lend/get a loan in a RUSH.

The loan I wanted to do was .. get a loan, repay the loan in my hourly miner payouts. Fairly high risk for the lender, even though i can prove my setup and payouts.
This dude 'LendingTree' pops out of the shadows offering to do it. I was in a bind cause I needed the money for rent so I went against my better judgement and did it. Got scammed.

Anyway guys, I just wanted to share this with you so you don't get into a bind like I'm in. (Scammer scammed my rent payment, So im evicted/homeless now)

Unfortunately I likely wont be able to post much anymore due to the ehmm.. homelessness but:

*please be safe guys*! *please be safe guys*! *please be safe guys*! *please be safe guys*! *please be safe guys*! *please be safe guys*! *please be safe guys*!

Never risk money you can't afford to lose.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 02:08:20 AM

It's not like 2012 lending any longer. imho, with interest, it's not worth getting a loan nor is it worth it to give your shit up when you're a reputable member.

2012 lending for those who don't know:

lazy scammer:
I need 2 BTC for medical reasons k thx
12 hours later:

some random user: 
Sent, pay back when you feel like it bro!
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 04:32:58 AM

this whole subforum is a joke.

rapeghost (OP)

Activity: 419

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 07:33:40 PM

Never risk money you can't afford to lose.

Yep, should totally be on my list

acs267

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 11:45:25 PM

2012 lending for those who don't know:

lazy scammer:
I need 2 BTC for medical reasons k thx
12 hours later:

some random user: 
Sent, pay back when you feel like it bro!

Don't forget the Joey incident. When the loaner loaned the guy money, even thought he was positive he was going to get scammed. It actually worked in favor of the community. Humor.
austin

Activity: 584

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 12:06:01 AM

Don't forget the Joey incident. When the loaner loaned the guy money, even thought he was positive he was going to get scammed. It actually worked in favor of the community. Humor.
In hindsight, I probably shouldn't have given him that loan. I expected him to return my money after all that information about him was posted, but Joey has no shame. Roll Eyes
I've learned my lesson.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 3010

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 12:21:33 AM

In hindsight, I probably shouldn't have given him that loan. I expected him to return my money after all that information about him was posted, but Joey has no shame. Roll Eyes
I've learned my lesson.

When you do sexual acts with your own mother for money, yeah, I'd say he has no shame.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!

OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
acs267

Activity: 644

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 12:32:35 AM

I've learned my lesson.

When you do sexual acts with your own mother for money, yeah, I'd say he has no shame.

And publicly offering sexual 'favors' to please his appetite, and others.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: