Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:32:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Question
Option 1
Option 2

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: imsaguy's Enormously Interesting Extended Investment Opportunity  (Read 24957 times)
bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

I heart thebaron

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 04:47:07 AM

The opportunity to enjoy a sprightly chat with charming wits such as yourself?

Enough with the pleasantries ...... You want to tell me to FUCK OFF, so just do it....lol

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jcpham

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

Your Argument is Irrelephant

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 05:17:45 AM

Enough with the pleasantries ...... You want to tell me to FUCK OFF, so just do it....lol

Fuck off bitlane?
bitlane
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 05:24:38 AM

Fuck off bitlane?

No... It doesn't mean as much unless it comes from reeses....lol

jcpham

Activity: 165

Your Argument is Irrelephant

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 05:25:22 AM

sorry bro, I tried Smiley
reeses
Donator

Activity: 151

Assholier-than-thou retard magnet

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 05:53:02 AM

Fuck off bitlane?

That was just mean.  What did jcpham ever do to you?

Drink a big cup of hot buttered cum, you slag-happy fuckaceratops!
bitlane
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 05:58:53 AM

Thank you. I needed that...lol Wink

elux
Legendary

Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 08:39:58 AM

Fuck off bitlane?

Quoth reeses.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2012, 10:25:13 AM

Fuck off bitlane?

He cant. You drank all pirates cum in Vegas.

Micon
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2012, 11:38:26 AM

well, at least it was enormously interesting. 

Another shameful half-a-scam run by half-a-guy

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
bitlane
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 01:31:15 PM

Bryan, the keyword is now...

imsaguy's Enormously Interesting Extended Investment Opportunity

...as in, involuntarily EXTENDED TO 3 Years....with ZERO % Interest, so I guess that is Interesting after all.

Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2012, 05:52:06 AM

Bryan, the keyword is now...

imsaguy's Enormously Interesting Extended Investment Opportunity

...as in, involuntarily EXTENDED TO 3 Years....with ZERO % Interest, so I guess that is Interesting after all.

At least youre not facing inflation in fiat. Imsaguy is doing you a favour and actually saving you money.

This is a fucking joke.

chungenhung
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 03:42:01 PM

So, is THIS a new form of ZERO INTEREST Loans that you are setting the precedent for ?

....I like it. What was I thinking, paying interest this whole time I borrowed money or BTC from people.

You gentlemen are all Pioneers in the Wild, Wild West that is...BITCOIN.

Dividends, not interest.  They'll pick up again when asic starts.  Everyone that actually has a vested interest has been pretty supportive of this.
Any updates? A simple plan would suffice.
imsaguy (OP)
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2012, 04:52:53 PM

Waiting for the ASIC gear to arrive.
Using the current dividends to acquire additional hardware.
Waiting on ASICMiner shares to start paying.
Waiting on CoinLab to start GPU leasing.

Continue paying out as funds become available from above mentioned activities.

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
chungenhung
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 07:51:49 PM

So what you are saying is.....wait and wait.
It seems that you have enough ASICs from BFL orders and ASICMiner that can cover your principal payment down the road when ASIC happens. The CoinLab should also be viable if they are able to find customers.

Perhaps you should stop using current dividends to acquire additional hardware.
Why? Because you stated that there have been a lot of messed up orders before. It would make sense to not keep throwing money down the same path. At this point, I think the investors should have a say in what to do with the BTCs generated now.
If you keep investing more into ASIC, what if something happened again that mess it up causing you to go broke again?
Wouldn't it be safer to use the BTC generated daily to pay out partial principal, and then wait to see what happens with ASICs.
This is investor's money you are handling, and the investors should be able to vote what to do. Why? B/c you are no longer paying the dividends, which means you are not the one controlling what happens from now on. If you were to continue paying dividends, then we the investors don't care what you do with the capital you have now.

I hope this makes sense.
imsaguy (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2012, 01:11:48 AM

So what you are saying is.....wait and wait.
It seems that you have enough ASICs from BFL orders and ASICMiner that can cover your principal payment down the road when ASIC happens. The CoinLab should also be viable if they are able to find customers.

Perhaps you should stop using current dividends to acquire additional hardware.
Why? Because you stated that there have been a lot of messed up orders before. It would make sense to not keep throwing money down the same path. At this point, I think the investors should have a say in what to do with the BTCs generated now.
If you keep investing more into ASIC, what if something happened again that mess it up causing you to go broke again?
Wouldn't it be safer to use the BTC generated daily to pay out partial principal, and then wait to see what happens with ASICs.
This is investor's money you are handling, and the investors should be able to vote what to do. Why? B/c you are no longer paying the dividends, which means you are not the one controlling what happens from now on. If you were to continue paying dividends, then we the investors don't care what you do with the capital you have now.

I hope this makes sense.

I hope what I'm about to say makes sense:

Diff is expected to grow by leaps and bounds.  It will start out as an arms race with all this new gear.  Anyone that isn't ahead of the pack will get left in the dust.  If we don't get ahead of the pack, we'll be behind and once we're behind, it means things will take exponentially longer.

Coinlab isn't doing leased work, so we can't pretend that will make money until it actually is. 

Asicminer isn't paying dividends right now, so we can't pretend its making money until they start paying.  We don't even know what they'll pay because it depends on what they end up doing compared to BFL and the others.  I don't think it makes much sense to liquidate the position as the bid depth on GLBSE is lacking (which it always seems to be), which means the liquidating would be a huge loss.

Be patient.  These things aren't going to resolve overnight just because you wish it to happen.

EIEIO:

chungenhung
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 02:22:56 AM

I hope what I'm about to say makes sense:

Diff is expected to grow by leaps and bounds.  It will start out as an arms race with all this new gear.  Anyone that isn't ahead of the pack will get left in the dust.  If we don't get ahead of the pack, we'll be behind and once we're behind, it means things will take exponentially longer.

Coinlab isn't doing leased work, so we can't pretend that will make money until it actually is. 

Asicminer isn't paying dividends right now, so we can't pretend its making money until they start paying.  We don't even know what they'll pay because it depends on what they end up doing compared to BFL and the others.  I don't think it makes much sense to liquidate the position as the bid depth on GLBSE is lacking (which it always seems to be), which means the liquidating would be a huge loss.

Be patient.  These things aren't going to resolve overnight just because you wish it to happen.

Here's what I see:
What makes you think you will be AHEAD of the pack? Someone could be dropping a million dollars right now into ASIC, and your dividends will definitely not be enough to create a million dollars.

You are right, Coinlab and Asicminer aren't making anything now, and they probably never will. I've been trying to explain that to you earlier too.

We need to take the risk, either to keep investing in ASIC or say we have enough exposure already.
Keep investing in ASIC means we might get ahead, but if not, everything will be gone, nobody would likely be paid anything.
If we don't invest in ASIC, means people get paid in this waiting time, and possible in the future, we never see our principal back.

Again, I think it is time for investors to decide what to do. I am favoring partial dividend payouts if not all. Just don't feel keep throwing money into something that didn't work out makes too much sense. But who knows, you might be 100% correct and rake in some serious BTC if you are ahead of the pack.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2012, 02:40:47 AM

That's a great jpeg.  Consider it stolen!   Cool

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
imsaguy (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2012, 03:02:48 AM

You are right, Coinlab and Asicminer aren't making anything now, and they probably never will. I've been trying to explain that to you earlier too.

I'm glad you think so, but the fact that more and more  people are joining coinlab seems to indicate people disagree with you there.  There's not a known timeline, but to say it probably never will is a little disingenuous.   There's already a huge market for gpu clusters, the field is rapidly growing and changing.  CoinLab is just working through the logistics.

ASICMiner will most likely produce a product and start making money.  They might rock the socks off BFL and the others or they might just be average.  Either way, they should produce a return and any returns are paid to GLBSE shareholders before the three principals.  Even a simple 1:1 return of capital ends up being a 10%+ return. 

We need to take the risk, either to keep investing in ASIC or say we have enough exposure already.
Keep investing in ASIC means we might get ahead, but if not, everything will be gone, nobody would likely be paid anything.
If we don't invest in ASIC, means people get paid in this waiting time, and possible in the future, we never see our principal back.

I think you're trying to cut off your nose to spite your face.  You're looking at this in the shortest of possible of terms and failing to look at the larger picture.   Mining, if done right, will always be profitable.  Attempting to take too much out too quickly and not fully accounting for the rapid pace of depreciation is what screws things.  Look at what's going on with gigamining or any of the others, asic combined with the reward halving is flipping the mining field in unknown directions.  Stockpiling a little coin right now is the most prudent thing.  If it turns out things are a bust, there's nothing preventing a payment of those in the future.  If price of coins goes up some, it makes buying hardware easier and less coins are diverted towards the keeping up and more coins are paid out.  If price goes down, then perhaps asic doesn't make sense and that means I can afford to buy more from "the day job", thereby decreasing the payback period.

EIEIO:

chungenhung
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 02:11:04 PM

Now you are starting to make sense on some points again.
Then again, some of what you say makes no sense.
But I am tired of going and forth just to get a bit more info out.

Officially selling my imsaguy debt. It is over 1000BTC. If any of you guys are in this for the long haul, and agree with what imsaguy says, PM me.
chungenhung
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 02:08:42 PM

I think you're trying to cut off your nose to spite your face.  You're looking at this in the shortest of possible of terms and failing to look at the larger picture.   Mining, if done right, will always be profitable.  Attempting to take too much out too quickly and not fully accounting for the rapid pace of depreciation is what screws things.  Look at what's going on with gigamining or any of the others, asic combined with the reward halving is flipping the mining field in unknown directions.  Stockpiling a little coin right now is the most prudent thing.  If it turns out things are a bust, there's nothing preventing a payment of those in the future.  If price of coins goes up some, it makes buying hardware easier and less coins are diverted towards the keeping up and more coins are paid out.  If price goes down, then perhaps asic doesn't make sense and that means I can afford to buy more from "the day job", thereby decreasing the payback period.
"Mining, if done right, will always be profitable", so far.... that is NOT the case with you.
"Stockpiling a little coin right now is the most prudent thing.  If it turns out things are a bust, there's nothing preventing a payment of those in the future.", there's no way to prove you are actually holding the coins.
When ASIC comes and it makes sense, people would invest in it again. No need to stockpile BTC/USD for it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: