Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:32:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is China situation bullish for Doge coin (and other alts)?  (Read 1714 times)
Bitcoin_is_here_to_stay (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 02:09:21 AM

This is a bit tongue-in-cheek, but I have noticed that in all these statements banks and PBoC seem to mention only bitcoin or recently bitcoin and litecoin

“From this date, any institution or individual must not use accounts set up with our bank for the deposit and withdrawal... and transfer of funds for Bitcoin and Litecoin trading,” the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC) said in a statement.

Do you think it is possible that some Chinese exchanges will continue to play cat and mouse with PBoC and will trade only other cryptos? Or did PBoC made it clear somewhere that the restrictions apply to all the cryptos?
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoinsrus

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 02:12:07 AM

Banning bitcoin in Russia was the plan all along (for dogecoin  Shocked )

TrailingComet

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 02:18:59 AM

Alts are the same species as btc and ltc
A btc ban is code for all alts, just that it wasn't deemed as worth listing out individually

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 03:33:28 AM

Alts are the same species as btc and ltc
A btc ban is code for all alts, just that it wasn't deemed as worth listing out individually

I agree, but so far the exchanges seem desperate to find loopholes - so i was wondering if they would go that way? Doge has decent volume, comparable with ltc.

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 03:34:06 AM

Lol, great pic Smiley. What is "cyka"?
Wary

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Who's there?

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 05:27:31 AM

Lol, great pic Smiley. What is "cyka"?
bitch

Fairplay medal of dnaleor's trading simulator. Smiley
El Dude

Activity: 770

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 05:29:50 AM

lol China is bullish on Litecoin , not dogecoin.

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 06:37:04 AM

I still don't get the doge meme joke...

there are so many pictures of dogs and cats on the Internet...what makes this dog funny?

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Rannasha

Activity: 728

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 07:13:36 AM

there are so many pictures of dogs and cats on the Internet...what makes this dog funny?

Nothing other than the fact that many other people find it funny. Memes are a form of decentralized consensus on what is funny.

Anyway, the reason the Chinese authorities don't mention all the altcoins is because they're irrelevant on the grand scale. The people that make these decisions have probably never even heard of Dogecoin. But rest assured, in the unlikely event that Dogecoin does become a large player, it will get the exact same treatment.
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 09:20:57 AM

Anyway, the reason the Chinese authorities don't mention all the altcoins is because they're irrelevant on the grand scale. The people that make these decisions have probably never even heard of Dogecoin. But rest assured, in the unlikely event that Dogecoin does become a large player, it will get the exact same treatment.

I think China has heard about dogecoin but feels so sorry for anyone who holds them that they just cannot bring themselves to say that they will ban it.

There are like 100 billion dogecoins created a day with about 500,000% inflation per year built in.

There is a reason that the best thing to do with dogecoins is to give them away.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
knightcoin

Activity: 238

Stand on the shoulders of giants

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 09:23:36 AM

knowyourmeme...
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/doge

Wink

doge is the fun, the distraction and things people like to do while on "break","Recess", "Playtime" ... times and believe or not .. it's sells like water on desert Cheesy

http://www.introversion.co.uk/
mit/x11 licence 18.x/16|o|3ffe ::71
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 09:38:28 AM

knowyourmeme...

Wink

doge is the fun, the distraction and things people like to do while on "break","Recess", "Playtime" ... times and believe or not .. it's sells like water on desert Cheesy

I am disappointed after reading that page.

I will now try to avoid anything related to dogecoin and that meme in the way that I avoid the video about 2 girls and 1 cup which I have never seen but know enough to avoid.

knightcoin

Activity: 238

Stand on the shoulders of giants

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 09:48:38 AM

knowyourmeme...

Wink

I am disappointed after reading that page.

I will now try to avoid anything related to dogecoin and that meme in the way that I avoid the video about 2 girls and 1 cup which I have never seen but know enough to avoid.

I you already knew that .. are you playing mind games ?

http://www.introversion.co.uk/
mit/x11 licence 18.x/16|o|3ffe ::71
UnDerDoG81
Legendary

Activity: 2179
Merit: 1201

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 10:59:23 AM

Well, way better president than Obama,Bush and so on... Wink
Samantha la

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 11:56:06 AM

This is a bit tongue-in-cheek, but I have noticed that in all these statements banks and PBoC seem to mention only bitcoin or recently bitcoin and litecoin

“From this date, any institution or individual must not use accounts set up with our bank for the deposit and withdrawal... and transfer of funds for Bitcoin and Litecoin trading,” the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC) said in a statement.

Do you think it is possible that some Chinese exchanges will continue to play cat and mouse with PBoC and will trade only other cryptos? Or did PBoC made it clear somewhere that the restrictions apply to all the cryptos?
Because in China a few larger trading platform, is the BTC and LTC.

Doge "are often in some of the relatively small size trading platform.
bodiun

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 11:59:37 AM

You have to understand that China such situation, banks are owned by  government, so the bank statement is however in accordance with the government's meaning to express, state bank, published are very fuzzy.
var53

Activity: 345
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 01:43:34 PM

Bitcoin seems to have been banned in China, then unbanned about 5 times this year already. Every time it gets banned the price crashes, then they say it's sort of not banned after all, and the price recovers.
rochere

Activity: 107

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 03:02:30 PM

yangma

nagatlakshmi

Activity: 616

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 02:03:02 PM

A guy starts a company in China to promote Dogecoin
Pretty cool, a guy starts a company called Dogecoin Global Association Limited to promote the use of Dogecoin in China. Link is in Chinese so I suggest using Chrome and Google Translate if you don't speak Chinese. http://www.dogebbs.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=459&extra=page%3D1

Interesting........

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: