Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:31:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bitmixer.info is a scam... warning..  (Read 5506 times)
vinboy (OP)

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 05:26:17 AM

hi
i just want to share this sad story before anyone else fall into the trap.
I came across this coin mixing site http://bitmixer.info/

At first it says minimum deposit is 0.1BTC for the service to work.
After i deposited 0.0999BTC (i wasn't aware of the 0.0001 deduction at first)

The minimum value suddenly changes to 1BTC. So i deposited 1BTC to the account.

Now the minimum amount says 1.8532546 BTC

I emailed the support but no response from them. I guess no matter how much you deposit, the minimum value will keep increasing until you quit. They wont give you your coin back.

I guess that's my bad luck today... hope nobody else fall for this scam website.

First deposit:
https://blockchain.info/address/12Htgj66bivqnHXzU1gLZTRSK3rRA5ZsWL

Second deposit:
https://blockchain.info/address/12Pz37vTGctbZ6p2WQtPcyAZvoBtgixjuf

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Khertan

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 05:53:35 AM

Whois :
Registrant Organization:Privacy Protection Service INC d/b/a PrivacyProtect.org

Most scammer use this to hide themself, and other users of this services are people who want to hide their privacy, but how to trust such service in this case ... you can't

OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 06:09:59 AM

I have not seen bitmixer.info before, so cannot comment.

I have TWICE used similar-looking bitmixer.io with success.  No scam as far as I can tell.

I am sorry to hear of your loss in the scandal-plagued world of BTC. Thank you for letting us know of a bad apple.

Angry
zoinky

Activity: 811
Merit: 1000

Web Developer

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 06:18:53 AM

This site was spamming on IRC.  Sorry for your loss.  Hope others are careful.
5flags

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Professional anarchist

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 07:53:18 AM

+1 for sharing. It certainly sucks, but hopefully your experience will be a learning one.

http://5fla.gs - @5flags on Twitter
vinboy (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 09:35:47 AM

hope someone make a thread or a webpage for a list of reputable bitcoin services.

cheating is easy with bitcoin bcoz of the hard to trace nature of bitcoin. That's why the scammers have the mental that they will most likely to get away with it. thus abuse the bitcoin network.
vinboy (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 09:39:47 AM

I have not seen bitmixer.info before, so cannot comment.

I have TWICE used similar-looking bitmixer.io with success.  No scam as far as I can tell.

I am sorry to hear of your loss in the scandal-plagued world of BTC. Thank you for letting us know of a bad apple.

Angry
are you sure bitmixer.io is trust worththy? what is the minimum btc required? I wanna give it a try.
Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 11:43:48 AM

Sorry for your loss. If you want to ensure you're using reputable Bitcoin-related businesses in the future my advice would be to look for ones that have an active representative on this site with their own thread so you can view feedback and ensure that everything is working before you send coins. A lot of sites have been popping up trying to offer fake services that mimic real ones in order to scam.
OROBTC
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 07:20:31 PM

@ vinboy

Well, no, I cannot guarantee that bitmixer.io is 100% legitimate, but I have used their service twice.  Last time was for about $111.00 (0.25 BTC a few days ago).

I have also used sharedcoin.com, which appears to be affiliated with blockchain.info.

Suggestions: start small, don't do big transactions until you have done several transactions through time, and keep reading Bitcoin sites (looking for reports just like you wrote!)

One man's experience, "YMMV":

goo.gl/tXeivt

If the mods do not like that kind of a link, then "Google": "dochenrollingbearing, blog" which should get you there.

johndoe654

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 10:38:45 PM

I was just scammed out of 0.5 bitcoin by bitmixer.info Sad

Someone should have the following link on the bitcoin wiki taken down ASAP.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/BitMixer.info
digilean

Activity: 20

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 05:08:56 PM

I will say proceed with caution with bitmixer.io

I also had one good experience with them.

So, I used them again a month later, the following Saturday.

After not receiving my coins I tried contacting them through their website that kept giving me an error to say try and submit my message again.

After repeated trying with no success, I contacted them here.

Instead of taking the facts and looking into the issue, I was met with accusations the coins were sent, then I must of spent them.

After having to trace the coins my see I see they are residing at 1LWiU1uaQkdrf4x1ziDuW7RvJKRhE2RStY

After repeatedly asking if that address is connected to them, I finally get a No, after being further accusations of transferring my coins  to that address.

First, if their level of "professionalism" is abysmal.

A non functioning contact on their webpage then accusations with no investigation.

2nd, if I transferred my funds to another address why in God's name would I give them the address asking if it's theirs?!

Proceed with caution with bitmixer.io

I don't believe they are not connected to the address my funds are still sitting at - 1LWiU1uaQkdrf4x1ziDuW7RvJKRhE2RStY

At this point I don't believe they are complete thieves.

I believe they are incompetent and too lazy to thoroughly investigate.

I plan on following 1LWiU1uaQkdrf4x1ziDuW7RvJKRhE2RStY until I receive answers as bitmixer.io has no interest in customer service once they have acquired your coins.

User beware.
OROBTC
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 05:14:51 AM

@ digilean

Thank you for that report, that is the first time I have heard of a problem with bitmixer.io.  As of a couple of weeks ago, I was 8 / 8 with them (all eight times went through without a problem).

Unfortunately, I have read (here at bitcointalk) that sharedcoin.com's service may not be very secure, it works, but there may be flaws in its ability to hide original coins from mixed ones.

Other reports are encouraged!  Let us know your experiences!
Bizmark13

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

WikiScams.org - Information about Bitcoin Scams

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 12:38:59 AM

I just had a look at Bitmixer.info and the site looks very professional and well made. Not the kind of site I would associate with a scam. It's amazing how sophisticated some scammers are.
Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 08:15:08 AM

sucks balls sites like these can so easily spring up..and they will close down.. guy will use 1% of profits to start up the next idea..
and keep continuing.. really need to find these scum bags.. but wait this is bitcoin.. once we find them.. what happens ??
nothing sadly Sad but yeah I do really wish we find... and if they are in Australia.. give me their details.. I will sort them out =)

aquila

Activity: 3

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 07:59:39 AM
Last edit: July 25, 2014, 06:40:30 AM by aquila

Scam - lost 0.578 BTC

There's another page on the wiki that needs to be taken down: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Anonymizer
It links to the same site, making it extremely legit.

I confirm it's a scam, the wiki page got me to trust it, but I should've been more careful. The video is blank after 1:30 min and the website has frequent errors. There are no replies from support.
sed

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 01:36:01 AM

Is there a confusion about whether it's bitmixer.io or bitmixer.info?  Some of the posts in this thread say bitmixer.io others (the OP) say bitmixer.info

It may be that bitmixer.info is trying to dns scam people based having a similar name and website to bitmixer.io

However, we should be careful here not to sully the name of one company if the problem is with the other company trying to steal their legitimate business.
Justin00
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 03:20:38 AM

Why do people use mixing services anyways ?
I was chatting with a friend from a forum about this. Neither of us could figure it out..... unless the person has something to hide ?
Not accusing anyone... just asking Smiley ?

bitbaby

Activity: 812

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 06:39:56 AM

I was chatting with a friend from a forum about this. Neither of us could figure it out..... unless the person has something to hide ?

I was just thinking about the same thing, why would someone use these services? Anyway sorry for your loss OP, I would request everyone to report this site for phishing attacks on https://www.google.com/safebrowsing/report_phish/

After a certain number of reports, hopefully there will be a warning displayed when users visit the site.

Wesley

Activity: 27

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 07:43:33 AM

Is there a confusion about whether it's bitmixer.io or bitmixer.info?  Some of the posts in this thread say bitmixer.io others (the OP) say bitmixer.info

It may be that bitmixer.info is trying to dns scam people based having a similar name and website to bitmixer.io

However, we should be careful here not to sully the name of one company if the problem is with the other company trying to steal their legitimate business.

Bitmixer.io is the legitimate one. Bitmixer.info is the scam site.

Mixing services allow people to hide the origin of their bitcoins. For example, if I stole bitcoins from an exchange, it would be trivial to trace them through the blockchain. If I decide to use these bitcoins to purchase a product or service, it might be possible to find out my identity. Using bitcoin mixing services helps eliminate this danger.

That's just one example. Here is Bitmixer.io's answer to the question "Why should I mix my coins?":

http://bitmixer.io/why.html

I was just thinking about the same thing, why would someone use these services? Anyway sorry for your loss OP, I would request everyone to report this site for phishing attacks on https://www.google.com/safebrowsing/report_phish/

After a certain number of reports, hopefully there will be a warning displayed when users visit the site.

I'm not sure if it fits the definition of phishing. Phishing is when a site masquerades itself as another trustworthy site. Bitmixer.info doesn't claim to be Bitmixer.io. The two sites look completely different. The whole thing is just a pure, straight-up scam.
Justin00
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 07:46:48 AM

Yeah the example you provided was the same/only example we could think of.
Well except for some one wanting to be anonymous cause they think they are cool....

Looking for other examples besides stealing coins Huh

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: