Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:16:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WTS Home Depot Gift Cards  (Read 6119 times)
frank90 (OP)

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 11:16:31 AM

HD cards on stock. 70% from their price in BTC.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bin4ry

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2012, 10:27:05 AM

Bought some gift cards from frank90 a few days ago, used them today without any problems. Awesome seller!
gabbynot

Activity: 341
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 02:57:30 PM

Bought some HD cards a while back, but when I went to use them they had no value.  A full 3 weeks have gone by with zero response to emails & PM's.

I've had the same issue with him before but that was resolved with no problems, and others have had a good experience with him, but he seems to have just bailed on this specific issue.  I don't know if this was another honest mistake, but he simply doesn't want to get back with me at all.

I'll be asking moderators to put the "scammer" label on his account if this isn't resolved soon.
frank90 (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 11:14:47 PM

I am sorry, but gabbynot messaged after 1 month that the cards has 0 balance. I verified my orders delivery and there is no mistake.  Sorry but I cant do any refound. Maybe is  a problem of where you  keep the cards. Maybe someome have access to his email or the place where he keeps them. Maybe he is infected with some malware who collects data from his pc. I can't give a refound after 1 month of selling the card.
Cards was selled in 30 July and he messaged me at 26 Aug.

I can send  FIRST the cards to reputable memers and those who I traded with them in the past, they use the cards and they pay me after using it. I mentioned that from the START of the thread. How can I be a scammer?

HD cards on stock.
gabbynot

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 12:01:18 AM

First off, you've taken an entire month to address this?  I've both emailed you and PM'd you...what took you so long?

The codes had $100 on them when I first got them, but I didn't think there was a need to use them ASAP for risk of disappearing values.  It's highly doubtful I've got some "malware" or whatever on my computer that would cause issues, there's much worse damage that could be done then hacking into some Home Depot gift cards; besides, I've had zero other issues.

You've already admitted to re-selling bad codes to me in the past, which you've made up for.  I'm not sure why you think it's impossible for you to make the same mistake.

I've bought other cards from members of this forum and never had any problems like this. 
frank90 (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 02:13:09 AM

Hey,
Why you say I admited you that I am selling bad codes?When I said that?!
As you can see I am selling cards for about 10 months here, and you are the only one who complain. Not even another complain and believe me, even I dont have too much ratings on the thread a lot of users contact me direct on PM and I selled a lot of.
Please understand that I cant make a refound after 1 month.

For me this subject is closed. If the mods think I a scammer and I scam people in this thread I will accept this decision and I will close my thread.

Otherwise, HD cards on stock.
gabbynot

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 02:30:12 AM

This is what you wrote to me the last time this problem (zero balance on a gift card) occurred, back on June 16th:

"HEllo,
I just finished to verify all my orders(took more than 3 hrs) and an error was maded. First of all I want to know that I am really very sorry for that. I had in that period a BIG volume of sales and i made this mistake.
In this moment I dont have any GAP cards (Banana, GAP, old navy etc), if you want I can give you immediately a HD card - same value. If you want the BTC back I cant pay you until 20 june. There is a chance to get your payment earlier, but I cant guarantee this, so thats why i gived you a longer estimate time.
Sorry again and relax, you will be refounded in the way you choose. I will dont run with your money ."

I appreciate you fixing this problem back then, and I expect you to fix it this time as well.
frank90 (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 02:46:29 AM

Yep, at that time an erorr has been maded.As I said there, was first time when i made an error.
But now I also verified my orders and there is no error. If there was an error I would accept it and refound you like first time.

For me this subject is closed.
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2012, 02:50:46 AM

re-vouch.....

I just checked an old gift card I got from Frank and it still has the remaining balance it should, after a few months of sitting there. 

gabbynot

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 04:12:02 PM

I just got off the phone with Home Depot customer service & they told me these cards were "deactivated" on August 17th, and frank90 can certainly call himself to confirm this.  CS couldn't tell me why they were deactivated.

So what's your story now, frank90?
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2012, 04:39:35 PM

The first thing I would want to know if I were in the market for gift cards is how they're being acquired.

If they're being bought with stolen credit cards, then I wouldn't want them.

If they're being acquired by returned shoplifted merchandise, then I wouldn't want them.

I have been in Home Depot several times and been approached by crying attractive girls begging me to buy their gift cards off them so they could buy groceries, claiming they accidentally spent their grocery money on home improvement goods before realizing it would push them and their poor kids to starvation.  A week later, it'll be the one of the same girls and the same story.  Clearly, there exists a demand in the world for shoplifters to monetize their shoplifting.  And I should clarify - they're not "gift" cards, but "store credit" cards, for obvious reasons.  And it's the boyfriends or the gang members waiting outside and sending in the hot girls since they're presumably more likely to be able to make the deal they're looking to make.

By buying gift cards at a discount, you may very well be fencing stolen property.

Any offer to sell gift cards ought to come with a plausible reason why they are for sale, and evidence that they were acquired legitimately.  It is simply not normal for retailers to offer a wholesale distribution channel of their gift cards in unlimited amounts at a 30% discount for no clear reason, as this would be in obvious conflict with their need to make a profit.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2012, 07:26:15 PM

The ambassador at it again.
frank90 (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 11:13:01 PM

What the hell is this?

I am selling cards from January, and no one had any problem.(excepting the problems with gabbynot)
This is a sale thread under the marketplace section, I dont understand why casacius made this post.
I hope he is not trying to say that my cards are stolen. If I would be selling stolen cards I think a lot more problems will be appeared in this 10 months.
I also ordered from HD to my home address and paid with my cards. Also some users leaved feedback here in this thread and for sure no one is now arrested or had any issues.

I am sick of that, I will report casacius post. If the mods wont delete the post I will reuqire this thread to be closed/deleted(here is a sale thread, not a gift card discusions and tutorial. His post could affect my reputation).
I aready deal with a lot of users from here by email and they are regular customers.

*gabbynot never heared of HD card disactivated. I would make more research in your case and I will leave a response. Even I will leave from this forum you will be emailed with my answer.

casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2012, 01:07:56 AM

tl;dr: you should be able to explain how you are getting and why you are selling the gift cards. It is not plausible that you are ordering gift cards with your own money only to sell them here at 70 cents on the dollar for a loss. Your explanation supports a reasonable conjecture that the card balances are the proceeds of returning stolen property to a retail store.  I could be wrong, but the burden of proof is more yours than mine

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
frank90 (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 01:18:23 AM

I work as network administrator for a building company who buys very big value from HD. HD rewards my company with some HD Gift Cards. The company cannot use  those GC because all they buy must be deducted from their bank account (to have a corect financial statement).
So, the company gives those GC to their empleoyeers. In this way i get those GC.

If you didnt noticed my HD stock is not permanent.

Is not correct to be accuse me. I don't have this thread from 1 day or 1 week. I made A LOT of trans here.

casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2012, 01:31:19 AM

That is cool.

I have not accused you.  I have simply pointed out that in the absence of a plausible explanation, given the very favorable price, it is reasonable and prudent to assume they are stolen.

gabbynot

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 01:58:59 AM

frank90, I appreciate you looking into the reason why these e-cards were deactivated, thank you.
cablepair

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2012, 04:56:17 PM

FWIW:

I received a e-card code from him quite awhile ago - like a year.

After I bought it, I thought about it for awhile and kind of freaked out and thought they were purchased with stolen credit cards
and I asked frank to allow me to return the code to him and he could resell it (i had not used it for awhile)

I think it was for about $150.00, in any case he told me I could keep it.

I was very skeptical at first but I did a little research and found out from a reliable source that the way he acquires the cards is apparently a common practice.

So I went ahead and placed an order online and bought some cabinets.

I also think this is legitimate simply because its been a year since he's been doing this and I think that if they were from an illegal source at least once person would of reported being contacted by the police or home depot to report that the card they used was acquired illegally.

Personally I trust frank and am seeking some HD money right now.
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2012, 06:56:22 PM

I also think this is legitimate simply because its been a year since he's been doing this and I think that if they were from an illegal source at least once person would of reported being contacted by the police or home depot to report that the card they used was acquired illegally.

Just for what it's worth, let's pretend someone was selling store-credit cards acquired by returning shoplifted merchandise for credit.  Just to make it clear, I am not accusing the OP of stealing the cards offered for sale, but simply addressing the potential for fallacy of the conclusion above.

Home Depot doesn't ask for your contact information when you buy something in person with a gift card, so unless they can stop and talk to you right then and there, they're never going to contact you.

Agreed they get your contact information when you buy something online.  But if they know the card has stolen funds, I think they would just deactivate the card before you had a chance to use it.  It's pretty unlikely that they would leave it active, wait for somebody to order something online, and then send the police to your door, without any evidence that you (as the user of the card) were the shoplifter who originally acquired it, or even the person who placed the order online.  It would be an enormous publicity disaster for them, they wouldn't even consider it.

If a shoplifter is caught stealing and returning merchandise for credit, he is probably going to be caught in the act.  In that case, they will surely retain any merchandise or cards in his possession during the bust.  But if he gets caught on his 10th time after successfully leaving with good store credit 9 previous times, how is the store going to know that, let alone know the serial numbers of the cards he received in order to deactivate them?  Simple, they aren't, at least not immediately.  So those cards are going to appear "good" and remain "good" indefinitely.  The fact that the cards remain good doesn't prove in and of itself that they were acquired legitimately.

It is always possible that law enforcement or the store might get lucky during their investigation and figure out serial numbers of stolen cards (e.g. through surveillance recordings, or by coming across an unexpected opportunity to seize the original cards still possessed by the shoplifter much later, such as from his home, or if he is persuaded to hand them over in an effort to cooperate or mitigate his punishment.)  If this happened, it would almost certainly result in cards that mysteriously stop working for reasons the Home Depot customer service will refuse to explain.

frank90 (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 07:32:31 PM

I just report to the moderators few post over here. I required them to delete this posts who can affect my credibility in the front of the new potential clients.
here is a sale thread, not a thread where you discuss about gift cards in general.
If the moderators consider that I am a scammer and I sell stolen cards I want this thread to be closed/deleted. If not, I want those posts who are completely offtopic to be deleted.

*gabbynot I went today and contacted an Home Depot insider and he will investigate why that card is deactivated. I let him my phone number and he said tomorow I will have a response.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: