Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 10:21:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: AnyCoin cryptocurrency [concept]  (Read 12830 times)
PrintCoins (OP)

Activity: 533
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 10:59:23 PM

This is a concept that anyone with the technical knowledge can go ahead and build themselves (I won't be doing it).

So I was thinking that it would be great to make it really easy for anyone to create a crypto currency for any purpose, and with the ease of setting its name and configure it. This would be especially helpful for creating a distributed stock market (each sub-coin type would be stocks for a specific organization). It would also be helpful for creating virtual currencies for games, carbon credit government type systems, forums, and local real world markets. This could also be used to create "Government Bitcoins" where an individual government could easily set up its own cryptocurrency easily and have an existing network that would maintain its existence.

Here is how I propose to set it up:

* The basic coin's name would be AnyCoin and would be mined the same way as bitcoins, and allow for merged mining.
* Similar to namecoin, there would be additional functions that can be done at the cost of destroying AnyCoins
**Create a sub-coin. This would take the parameters: unique sub-coin name, quantify, destination address for the coins to be dumped into (all sub-coins are instantly created and given to the creator)
**Set address properties - this could be used for when a sub-coin represents a stock, and a holder of a stock want to set their bitcoin address, or their contact email for voting, or whatever. This would be a simple key-value store and would cost some number of AnyCoins to set.
*Transactions would be either in AnyCoins or the sub-coin.
*Transactions fees are taken from the sub-coins, and automatically translated back to AnyCoins based on the initial setup of the subcoin
So if it costs 100 AnyCoins to set up a sub-coin, and the creator of the sub-coins set the quantity to 1000, than 10 sub-coins would translate back into 1 AnyCoin for transaction fees.

It could be considered an option to have a sub-coin be translatable back into AnyCoins at any time.

AnyCoins would of course cause an explosion in the types of alternative currencies in existence, and would allow them to be used in a variety of ways.

I could see the possibility to set a bunch of rules in creating sub-coins:
*Setting taxes on transactions to creator (good for gov-coins)
*Allowing miners to get some of the coin (good to get the coins dispersed globally). This might be an annoyance for miners though.
*Set rules on more coins being created (this should be known to anyone who starts taking coins)
*Website url for authoritative information source

t3a

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 11:12:46 PM

This isn't exactly the same, but there is also multicoin.

Advertise here for 10btc/day
steelhouse

Activity: 717
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 08:56:33 AM

I think you will see realcoin is just a subset of bitcoin.  ixcoin a subset of bitcoin.  iocoin as subset of bitcoin.  realcoin just does not play around, rather than re-mining the whole chain they just go to a pre-mine and an exchange using bitcoin as a base.  There is more liberty if you do it this way compared to anycoin.

BTW, you can make a new coin changing about 5 lines of bitcoin code.  Someone even posted the lines once.
Uhlbelk

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2012, 01:05:47 PM

BTW, you can make a new coin changing about 5 lines of bitcoin code.  Someone even posted the lines once.

Do you happen to remember where? My searches are turning up nothing on documentation to who has been changing what to make new forks.
I'm itching to find out more about which lines are being changed up, I've been looking at the conveniently labeled code but would like to save some time by not reinventing the wheel and educate myself instead of just stumbling.

Freedom with SciFi Coin
Etlase2

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 01:09:38 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2012, 01:40:42 PM by Etlase2

Ripple fits the bill for most of what you're asking for. Mining is not particularly useful for stocks, virtual game currencies, forums, governments, etc.

edit: Sorry it's actually open transactions that makes more sense.

zombie6

Activity: 438
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 11:37:27 AM

anycoin awesome name
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: