Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:35:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTB] Looking to buy 1-4 cards for a mining rig for my Girlfriend.  (Read 1162 times)
DoubleIcaras (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Kill me~

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 11:07:20 PM

My girlfriend is pretty interested in getting started, using and understanding bitcoins and I figured a good way to get her into it is build her a PC, I've got all the other parts, but I figured i'd try here for the cards. Anyone got some (In good condition) cards you guys can throw me at a good price? I don't want an amazing Mh/s but a decent one to get her started (She doesn't pay for utility, so wiiiin)

If you have anything do let me know and maybe we can sort something out.

I live in the UK, so please bare in mind before offering and then saying it'll cost like $20 postage.

I can pay either with Coins or Paypal~

Help support Bitcoin awareness in London! Donate to it here: 1F6MCoBMwmfpT5fruvCUjirFEybhLe5c1C
Or get involved here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=58539.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ForceField
aka Vitaliy

Activity: 386
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 12:58:25 AM

My girlfriend is pretty interested in getting started, using and understanding bitcoins and I figured a good way to get her into it is build her a PC, I've got all the other parts, but I figured i'd try here for the cards. Anyone got some (In good condition) cards you guys can throw me at a good price? I don't want an amazing Mh/s but a decent one to get her started (She doesn't pay for utility, so wiiiin)

I live in the UK, so please bare in mind before offering and then saying it'll cost like $20 postage.

Just wanted to let the community know of the conversation I had with the OP:

I PM'd the OP telling him that I was selling a 5770 in my thread that he might be interested in. To this he replied that he was interested in buying it and then if I wanted payment in Bitcoins or PayPal. He then PM'd me his shipping address.

Approx 40 minutes later, I told DoubleIcaras that I received his shipping address but no BTC was showing up in my wallet yet.

To this, he responded that he was under the "impression" that I would be shipping first "due to the high asking price". I told him that I had no idea where he got that impression from, as I never implied it. I refered him to see my signature for references of previous transactions.

His final reply was that he would rather not take the risk since he could buy this on eBay for a similar price and that he 'merely figured to support Bitcoin, however not with someone under 500 posts'.

This last message leads me to assume that the OP was never intending to go through with this legitimately - Just a warning to everyone.

PC Hardware & Electronics For BTC     Traded w/: Kansattica | jduck1987 | shakaru | newdude | nitetrader | midievil | blo8i | mb300sd | juggalodarkclow | Garr255 | Tril | Ringmasta | SysRun | CrazyBlane | sokay | BCB | str4wm4n | PinkBatman | Bitobsessed | matauc12 | antimattercrusader | BryanK
DoubleIcaras (OP)

Kill me~

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 01:04:11 AM

Just wanted to let the community know of the conversation I had with the OP:

I PM'd the OP telling him that I was selling a 5770 in my thread that he might be interested in. To this he replied that he was interested in buying it and then if I wanted payment in Bitcoins or PayPal. He then PM'd me his shipping address.

Approx 40 minutes later, I told DoubleIcaras that I received his shipping address but no BTC was showing up in my wallet yet.

To this, he responded that he was under the "impression" that I would be shipping first "due to the high asking price". I told him that I had no idea where he got that impression from, as I never implied it. I refered him to see my signature for references of previous transactions.

His final reply was that he would rather not take the risk since he could buy this on eBay for a similar price and that he 'merely figured to support Bitcoin, however not with someone under 500 posts'.

This last message leads me to assume that the OP was never intending to go through with this legitimately - Just a warning to everyone.

I figured you were being passive-aggressive.

I have much bigger plans with Bitcoin (see my sig) than "stealing" an 'okay' card, I simply won't trust a full-in payment first to anyone who doesn't have a very good reputation on this forum and you do not.

Help support Bitcoin awareness in London! Donate to it here: 1F6MCoBMwmfpT5fruvCUjirFEybhLe5c1C
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 01:09:01 AM

I have much bigger plans with Bitcoin (see my sig) than "stealing" an 'okay' card, I simply won't trust a full-in payment first to anyone who doesn't have a very good reputation on this forum and you do not.
To put it bluntly, you are relatively new too, therefore it may be in your best interest to use an escrow service.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
DoubleIcaras (OP)

Kill me~

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 01:11:54 AM

To put it bluntly, you are relatively new too, therefore it may be in your best interest to use an escrow service.

I went to offer this, however he had already blown away the trade with his immature passive-aggressive behaviour, so I would rather not deal with him. But until I have a few trades on this forum I will immediately suggest an escrow/trade with those who already have a good reputation.

imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2012, 01:17:35 AM

I went to offer this, however he had already blown away the trade with his immature passive-aggressive behaviour, so I would rather not deal with him. But until I have a few trades on this forum I will immediately suggest an escrow/trade with those who already have a good reputation.

Consider #bitcoin-escrow for your escrow needs.  We rely on the #bitcoin-otc WoT.  You'll find a much better success rate than if you hadn't used the wot.

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
DoubleIcaras (OP)

Kill me~

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 01:23:08 AM

Consider #bitcoin-escrow for your escrow needs.  We rely on the #bitcoin-otc WoT.  You'll find a much better success rate than if you hadn't used the wot.

I will check this out, thanks!

BinoX

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 01:33:55 AM

To be honest ebay is probably your best bet...

I picked up some 5830s on there for £70 (on a buy it now, I'm far to impatient) including postage a few months ago.. They seem to show up fairly often.

I'm not in the market for any new cards yet, so I'm afraid I can't offer you anything I have, unless you're interested in a geforce 9800gtx+, lol (if you do happen to be, send me a PM and I'll probably reply in the morning, otherwise I wish you luck on your search)
ForceField
aka Vitaliy

Activity: 386

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 01:41:53 AM

That's a nice made-up accusation. If this had any truth behind it, you would be able to quote a direct example where my behavior was "immature". You will find that all of my messages were direct and to the point.

Let's get the facts straight:

-I've been a member of these forums for 8 months (since June).

-I've successfully purchased from two different members

-I've successfully sold to two different members.

-I have over 400 positive feedback on eBay with a 100% rating.

-I am currently selling over $2500+ worth of merchandise

and you're saying I'm untrustworthy on a $150 video card?

That's perfectly okay if you think so, but try not to waste other people's time if you say you are going to buy something from them and not go through with it while they're expecting your payment.

PC Hardware & Electronics For BTC     Traded w/: Kansattica | jduck1987 | shakaru | newdude | nitetrader | midievil | blo8i | mb300sd | juggalodarkclow | Garr255 | Tril | Ringmasta | SysRun | CrazyBlane | sokay | BCB | str4wm4n | PinkBatman | Bitobsessed | matauc12 | antimattercrusader | BryanK
DoubleIcaras (OP)

Kill me~

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 01:51:18 AM

That's a nice made-up accusation. If this had any truth behind it, you would be able to quote a direct example where my behavior was "immature". You will find that all of my messages were direct and to the point.

-I've been a member of these forums for 8 months (since June).

-I've successfully purchased from two different members

-I've successfully sold to two different members.

-I have over 400 positive feedback on eBay with a 100% rating.

-I am currently selling over $2500+ worth of merchandise

That's perfectly okay if you think so, but try not to waste other people's time if you say you are going to buy something from them and not go through with it while they're expecting your payment.

You're going to blame your terrible behaviour on time wasting?
Also, before trading I searched your 'trade partners' One doesn't exist, one hasn't been active in months, one has under 100 posts. I wouldn't use that as an excuse.

Please don't come to my thread again making excuses for terrible trade-manner.

RandyFolds

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 02:07:56 AM

-I've been a member of these forums for 8 months (since June). Doesn't mean shit.

-I've successfully purchased from two different members Doesn't mean shit.

-I've successfully sold to two different members. Doesn't mean shit.

-I have over 400 positive feedback on eBay with a 100% rating. Doesn't mean shit.

-I am currently selling over $2500+ worth of merchandise Doesn't mean shit.

I am not taking sides as you both seem like you are jacking off with a belt around your neck.
DoubleIcaras (OP)

Kill me~

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 02:14:41 AM

Sigh, I'm just going to buy of ebay.

"Q_Q timewasters"- Lol.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: