Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:26:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will you move your trading over to BOST from INFchain ?
Yes - 11 (68.8%)
No - 5 (31.3%)
Total Voters: 16

Pages: « 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... 193 »
  Print  
Author Topic: █=█ BoostCoin █=█ New team, new plans  (Read 299622 times)
cryptoyeah

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 05:41:40 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmQ8bhd3Q08#t=32

Video related.

We're gonna riiiiise, riiiisie, keep on rising!!

The Mining of your coin is very fast, and it has an effect as if you put downward pressure on the price!
Look at the market price and try to understand!

The market could not absorb that many coins that were produced! The price is totally down now! The price is 10% of what it could be with significant development!!!

Industrial-style miners are dumping your coin! There needs to be a balance between investors and miners.
At the moment investors have a huge disadvantage compared to the industrial-style miners!

Your highest priority should be:

1. Stabilise the economy! Reduce the coin supply rate per block by a factor of 10-20x! Industrial-style miners will stop dumping. Further this will establish trust for investors. I feel sorry for small miners but this is the only way out. In long term they will benefit when the price increases.

2. What is the point of X13 when it cannot be mined afterwards? Mining on X13 has to run in parallel with POS! Reward miners in the long term!

3. The first point will buy you time to develop additional state of the art features for Boostcoin! This will further increase the price.

Why ? because you buy at 6k satoshi ?  This is your problem.... i think this coin have the best distribution system....

and reducing coin after run is definitely something like SCAM
zanmat0

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 06:01:52 PM

everyone vote on Mintpal!
cyberspacemonkey
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 06:05:58 PM

Video related.

The Mining of your coin is very fast, and it has an effect as if you put downward pressure on the price!

The market could not absorb that many coins that were produced! The price is totally down now! The price is 10% of what it could be with significant development!!!

Industrial-style miners are dumping your coin! There needs to be a balance between investors and miners.
At the moment investors have a huge disadvantage compared to the industrial-style miners!

1. Stabilise the economy! Reduce the coin supply rate per block by a factor of 10-20x! Industrial-style miners will stop dumping. Further this will establish trust for investors. I feel sorry for small miners but this is the only way out. In long term they will benefit when the price increases.

2. What is the point of X13 when it cannot be mined afterwards? Mining on X13 has to run in parallel with POS! Reward miners in the long term!

3. The first point will buy you time to develop additional state of the art features for Boostcoin! This will further increase the price.

Why ? because you buy at 6k satoshi ?  This is your problem.... i think this coin have the best distribution system....

X13 is mostly to protect against ASICs, but after POW is over that's just pointless.
ArbyWan

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 06:26:17 PM
Last edit: June 01, 2014, 07:21:57 PM by ArbyWan

Well I have spent the last day trying to get an old PC running with Xubuntu and the X13 mod and figured I would share how I got it going as it is most likely to work on all machines. Now bare in mind that X11 and X13 do not surrently work(properly) on anything lower than a 7xxx series card, which if you are already mining it then you already know, besides the point... Below is the list of commands and instructions on how to  get X13 and sgminer up and running in what I would imagine any Ubuntu distro.

Now all of this is assuming you are running a brand new install.

Code:

sudo apt-get update

sudo reboot

sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

sudo reboot

-Download latest AMD Catalyst drivers here: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Linux%20x86#amd-catalyst-packages

-Open a terminal

-For Ubuntu 64-bit:

sudo apt-get install build-essential cdbs dh-make dkms execstack dh-modaliases linux-headers-generic fakeroot libqtgui4 lib32gcc1

-For Ubuntu 32-bit:

sudo apt-get install build-essential cdbs dh-make dkms execstack dh-modaliases linux-headers-generic fakeroot libqtgui4

sudo apt-get install autoconf opencl-headers libcurl4-openssl-dev libtool libncurses5-dev

cd Downloads

unzip amd-catalyst-14-4-rev2-linux-x86-x86-64-may6.zip

cd fglrx-14.10.1006.1001

sudo sh *.run --buildpkg Ubuntu/raring

sudo dpkg -i fglrx*.deb

sudo aticonfig --initial -f --adapter=all

-This will set your GUI to use the new AMD Radeon graphic cards, it will work for
single and multi graphic cards but if you don’t use “–adapter=all”, your Ubuntu
may only use 1 or 2 graphic cards for mining even though you have 3 to 6.
(Do not use –adapter=all setting for Crossfire, also MAKE SURE YOUR NOT USING
CROSSFIRE in the first place!!!  For Litecoin mining, you do not need crossfire,
you get much better performance without it.  So, unplug the crossfire cable!!!)

sudo reboot

-Next download the lasybear x11 and x13 repo here: https://github.com/lasybear/sph-sgminer_x11mod (Download ZIP is in bottom left)

-Extract that to downloads and name the folder sgminer

-Next download the ADL files Here: http://developer.amd.com/tools-and-sdks/graphics-development/display-library-adl-sdk/

-Extarct to Downloads

-Copy files from inside of "include" folder and paste them inside the ADL_SDK folder inside sgminer

-Open a new terminal

cd Downloads

cd sgminer

sudo apt-get install libtool

libtoolize

autoreconf -ivf

CFLAGS="-O2 -Wall -march=native" ./configure

sudo make install

-To check that it is working: sgminer -n

-Now open a text editor and paste the following:

setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1

./sgminer  -k x13mod -o <YOUR POOL>:<POOL PORT> -u <user> -p <password> -I 15 -g 2 -w 128

-Adjust the stettings according to your GPU(s)

-Now save that file as "sgminer.sh" in your sgminer folder

Open a terminal and type the following:

cd Downloads

cd sgminer

sh sgminer.sh

And you are off to the races! Now I am completely new to Ubuntu/Linux so if someone more experienced can maybe give it a look over, i'd love to know it is actually correct.

Enjoy and I hope it helps some people, and if you wanna donate BOST - BERZ8Ehse6A4A4ior3VsaLiqrRgpzCmsbm
ArbyWan

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 06:43:08 PM

boost.monsterhash.me is reporting 2 blocks found but only one paid out, and zero unconfirmed, and of course the site won't let me contact them via email haha, wow.

You can contact us here via PM at any time.

We've updated to the latest wallet and had to redownload the blockchain, this made some issues as we were "traveling through time" with the boost blocks downloaded Smiley

everything is fixed now, sorry for the hiccup

Thank you for the info, but still showing 2 blocks found in blockfinder and only one in transactions
vetzdog

Activity: 22

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 06:53:25 PM

35188 and couting ...  Roll Eyes
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 06:57:36 PM

Video related.

X13 is mostly to protect against ASICs, but after POW is over that's just pointless.
you have a point, they should stop releasing this BC clone no-sense

long term mining support is good, miners are also buyers
exoton

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 07:13:51 PM

Video related.

why in earth should a miner buy if he can just ... mine ?
mammix2 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 07:31:02 PM

Video related.

Why ? because you buy at 6k satoshi ?  This is your problem.... i think this coin have the best distribution system....

Reading this, what would the general view be on switching back on the PoW at some stage in the future as a short term bonus mining period. There is no technical reason why PoW could not be re-enabled at some stage in the future as a boost to the current supply. This could be for a short period like maybe 1000 - 5000 Blocks... (But would require a mandatory wallet update before each time this happened) As far as i know no other coin has done this...

Do you think this would be a positive new idea or could it be a bad thing?. let me know what you think?

1HfpFYxBUpQ941mKd4DEjsyA22HN4Kerzu
svenp

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 07:32:19 PM

Well I have spent the last day trying to get an old PC running with Xubuntu and the X13 mod and figured I would share how I got it going as it is most likely to work on all machines. Now bare in mind that X11 and X13 do not surrently work(properly) on anything lower than a 7xxx series card, which if you are already mining it then you already know, besides the point... Below is the list of commands and instructions on how to  get X13 and sgminer up and running in what I would imagine any Ubuntu distro.

Now all of this is assuming you are running a brand new install.

*snip*

This may work well but I found BAMT 1.6 easy to set up with x13.  If you look in the BAMT reddit thread you'll find the usb stick image download for 1.6 and also a new script to run to install the the X11 and X13 optimized sgminer.  You get all the other major algos as well.  Works nicely and is very fast to get going.
Abinito

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 08:01:44 PM

Video related.

Why ? because you buy at 6k satoshi ?  This is your problem.... i think this coin have the best distribution system....

Reading this, what would the general view be on switching back on the PoW at some stage in the future as a short term bonus mining period. There is no technical reason why PoW could not be re-enabled at some stage in the future as a boost to the current supply. This could be for a short period like maybe 1000 - 5000 Blocks... (But would require a mandatory wallet update before each time this happened) As far as i know no other coin has done this...

Do you think this would be a positive new idea or could it be a bad thing?. let me know what you think?

Your highest priority is to reduce loss Cheesy

You should learn to notice scam, it will save you a lot of money..

I have the feeling that our well know "i have a rich uncle who just died, can you receive his money because i can't. You can keep half. Just send a little bit first" friends have found a new target group recently.

Conscia mens recti, famae mendacia ridet.
sesko

Activity: 403

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 08:08:41 PM

Would like to see that, with new algo. Let's say 5000 block, total 50k bost coins in POW.
aikklond
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 08:16:51 PM

i am impressed at BOST progress,

I think this week will be BOST's week!
quarkkid

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 08:33:50 PM

Volume is slowly building up again

My reputation thread!! ...https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=419456.0
C A Ix > >   CAIx-- Xt7qWX6LTAURHZYzjenTBNfViztCz2z72U
exoton

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 09:30:51 PM

2 8 btc buy orders showed at bittrex at 6220 and 6225 5 minutes ago both 65k
Burninj
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 09:39:26 PM

Damn market spent my day trying to buy lowest possible and this fucking uptrend is killing all my efforts
mammix2 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 10:05:58 PM

Nice to see the BOST BTC volume increasing ...

This week will be our week, even if we dont get listed on Mintpal, good things are coming for BOST!!

1HfpFYxBUpQ941mKd4DEjsyA22HN4Kerzu
Burninj
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 10:09:01 PM

This week will be our week, even if we dont get listed on Mintpal, good things are coming for BOST!!

Wallet is already running on mintpal, so that might be a clue...
sesko

Activity: 403

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 10:14:14 PM

How do you know that?
bl4ck_

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 10:18:56 PM

What?! "Wallet is already running" hahaha sorry but you are ***
Pages: « 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... 193 »
  Print  

Jump to: